Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can prolong use of tretinoin cream cause deformed baby?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CLxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on tretinoin (actually Stieve-A 0.5%) for 4 months, it works really good on me so I decided to include it in my daily skin care regimen for the years to come. Usually I mix a pea-size amount of tretinion cream with my night moisturiser and apply to both my face and neck.

On othr hand, orally taken Vit-A acid has been proven to deter foetus development and produce deformed baby by pregnant woman so that it should not be taken by any woman who plans to get pregrant within a time period and never by pregnant woman. Further than that, I once heard that traces of tretinoin can also be found inside your body as well as milk produced by mother once absored into body through oral intake or application onto skin.

I am planning to have my own child in 2 years from now. My concern is will my daily use of tretinoin (application on face & neck) cause deposition of vit-A acid inside my body and cause deformed baby??? Shall I stop for some time before I get pregant ?? Pls help!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you should stop using Retin-A if you are planning on becoming pregnant. What kind of time frame that would be, I don't know. That's something you should discuss with your doctor. However, if you're trying for a baby then don't use it - it's not worth the worry. On all tubes of Retin-A it does say "Do not use if you are pregnant".

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely talk to your OB/GYN about it, but according to Dr. Fernandes (Environ) Retin A is not stored in the body. It is my thinking that you should stop when you are trying to get pregnant (meaning you don't need to be off Retin A for 2 years, etc), but again I would check with your OB/GYN on the matter.
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
That is good advice from Keliu,please don't use until you talk to your Dr.abou it.
CLxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I would definitely talk to your OB/GYN about it, but according to Dr. Fernandes (Environ) Retin A is not stored in the body. It is my thinking that you should stop when you are trying to get pregnant (meaning you don't need to be off Retin A for 2 years, etc), but again I would check with your OB/GYN on the matter.

I will go for another 6 months and stop for some time before I get pregnant. In the meantime, I'll make sure I am well protected and will talk to my GP.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:03 am      Reply with quote
CLxx wrote:

I will go for another 6 months and stop for some time before I get pregnant. In the meantime, I'll make sure I am well protected and will talk to my GP.

That's wise, CLxx. Good luck on trying to get pregnant. Let us know what your GP says about it, ok?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |