Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Neutrogena's New Clinical Line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughts on this new line?

Each kit is a 2 step that comes with the same Ion2complex Serum and a cream to 'activate' the serum.

They claim it "create a positive electric
micro-current—promoting healthy collagen levels and resilient, more youthful looking skin"

Ingredients - ion2complex Serum :
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Zinc, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Copper Powder.

http://www.neutrogenaclinical.com/

http://happi.com/news/2010/02/05/anti-aging_breakthroughs_by_way_of_j%2526j
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think I remember Antiona saying it isn't available in the U.S. yet.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:

It looks like it is now...there are a lot of logos on this page that are supposed to be carrying it.

http://www.neutrogenaclinical.com/where-to-buy?frmprod=starter

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:

It is available now in the US.

Has this line been discussed before? I did a search but didn't find anything.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it has been discussed here. New Beauty has this combo on their blog today. http://www.newbeauty.com/DailyBeauty/Entry.aspx?ID=3178
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I don't think it has been discussed here. New Beauty has this combo on their blog today. http://www.newbeauty.com/DailyBeauty/Entry.aspx?ID=3178

Thanks for the link. I'm pretty curious about this, mostly the eye set. My face would not tolerate the silicone serum.

I wonder how copper powder compares to copper peptides. I also wonder if the serum because it contain zinc compares to Relastin at all.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

Thanks for the link. I'm pretty curious about this, mostly the eye set. My face would not tolerate the silicone serum.

I wonder how copper powder compares to copper peptides. I also wonder if the serum because it contain zinc compares to Relastin at all.

You're welcome! I have the same questions as you on the copper powder/copper peptides comparison.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I am doing a marketing study on this for Buzz Agent. So far, I like this product. There are two product you put on one the serum and then the moisturizer.
One is suppose to activate the other. It seems good. I have only been testing this for 2 days. Will keep you all informed. I have no idea of the price. Is it expensive?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
It's $40 for the 2pc kit.
Let us know how it works out for you.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

You're welcome! I have the same questions as you on the copper powder/copper peptides comparison.

Here's some information on copper powder:

http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient_details.php?ingredient_id=1480

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

Here's some information on copper powder:

http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient_details.php?ingredient_id=1480

Thanks, Lacy. So the copper powder is nothing more than a colorant?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I can't swear but from the link it appears that is the case.

Why is it used in cosmetics and personal care products?
Copper Powder imparts a brown color to cosmetics and personal care products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I can't swear but from the link it appears that is the case.

Why is it used in cosmetics and personal care products?
Copper Powder imparts a brown color to cosmetics and personal care products.

In most cases, I think you are right DarkMoon; It is used as a colorant. Normally it is included as a makeup ingredient.

But to be honest with you, I think it may be an "active" in the Neutrogena Clinical line. I am still looking for some information on the patented technology. Haven't found anything yet. The Neutrogena Clinical website doesn't really explain anything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if it might be Lacy, but like you haven't found any information about it's inclusion in the line?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Interesting link Lacy. It is hard to find any info on copper powder thats for sure, I wish they were more specific about the ingredient but if it truly is just copper powder then I'm thinking its not anything special. But really I'm wondering if zinc is the 'magic' ingredient here.

This article (posted above) acts like the copper powder is the magic ingredient:
http://www.newbeauty.com/DailyBeauty/Entry.aspx?ID=3178
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Interesting link Lacy. It is hard to find any info on copper powder thats for sure, I wish they were more specific about the ingredient but if it truly is just copper powder then I'm thinking its not anything special. But really I'm wondering if zinc is the 'magic' ingredient here.

This article (posted above) acts like the copper powder is the magic ingredient:
http://www.newbeauty.com/DailyBeauty/Entry.aspx?ID=3178

Exactly. The article from the blog stated that "copper powder is relatively beneficial on its own". That leaves me to think that the copper powder is one of the major players in this product.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I believe you all are correct, I hope more information about exactly how this works becomes available soon. May be very interesting if it is a new and possibly better way to deliver copper to the skin?

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just read a review on Beautypedia on this product. I know some of you don't care for Paula but I like to read what she has to say. I think she brings up some good points on this one.

To briefly summarize ....
- All 3 lines; Neutrogena, Aveeno and ROC; all came out with 2 pc sets that contain the same Ion2Complex serum. Neutrogena and ROC claim it must used with the included cream to work but Aveeno does not claim this.
- Neutrogena claims that the electrical charge that is produced will tell cells to stop behaving badly but how do we know that when/if it 'talks' to cells it wont accelerate damage rather then reverse it.
-The main ingredient in the cream is a chelating ingredient which deactivates metal ions. The presence of this prevents the Ion2Complex from working as Neutrogena states it should.
- There is research showing that zinc and copper can help with healing the skin but not for reversing damage.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting, GirlieGirl. Thanks for sharing that.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I purchased this at my local shoppers drug mart. Just started using it, too early yet to tell. Very Happy
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Loblaws (Ontario) has this for $5.00 off this week. I also had a $10.00 coupon from a display (Walmart). So the price was a little better. I got the eye treatment. I have only used a couple of days; so no opinion yet.

If you go to Nuetrogena's website, there is also coupons there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:26 am      Reply with quote
From what I was told copper powder is supposed to be antibacterial?

Serious skincare used to have a line for combination/oily skin that has copper and was supposed to retuce redness and "control oil without drying".

I used to use the serum and face cream,
but it is no longer sold in Canada for a few years now.
Might be discontinued..not too sure though haven't checked.

Kind of curious about the products though.
I tried the Olay proX spot treatment, and thatdid not work for me at all.
Not sure what is in that though.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Nuetrogena Clinical the end of April. As this product contains copper powder; I do not want to mix it with my products that contain vitamin C
(LRP Redermic eye cream).

I have been using the Nuetrogena Clinicial in the morning. This product does not moisturize. This is nice on my eye lids (as it dries matt) and I apply my Clarins spf 30 eye cream over it. I think it has a slight firming effect. I am not sure if I will repurchase. For the cost; I would spend a little more and get something that does work better for me. (I like my LRP Redermic and Avene products.) If you have dry skin and are using the eye product; you might want to apply a moisturizng product (with no actives and especially not C) over it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I just read a review on Beautypedia on this product. I know some of you don't care for Paula but I like to read what she has to say. I think she brings up some good points on this one.

To briefly summarize ....
- All 3 lines; Neutrogena, Aveeno and ROC; all came out with 2 pc sets that contain the same Ion2Complex serum. Neutrogena and ROC claim it must used with the included cream to work but Aveeno does not claim this.
- Neutrogena claims that the electrical charge that is produced will tell cells to stop behaving badly but how do we know that when/if it 'talks' to cells it wont accelerate damage rather then reverse it.
-The main ingredient in the cream is a chelating ingredient which deactivates metal ions. The presence of this prevents the Ion2Complex from working as Neutrogena states it should.
- There is research showing that zinc and copper can help with healing the skin but not for reversing damage.

I know all three of those brands are made by the same company.
I do not think that is mentioned in the article?

I know sometimes some companies they have the exact same product in a very high end line, then later come out with the exact same item in a lower line as well!

(I have seen that many times, and the item that comes to mind right now is Karin Herzog body oil, the face one and the body one is the exact same item...just different packaging).

Clinique kind of seemsto do that do.
Before there was only "men's face maosture gel" now there is a women's one in the pump bottle.
I have them both here and they really feel like the same item, exept the women's one is colored.

The only thing I know of zinc is it helps with skin redness and healing skin.
My face mask contains it and I'm sure it sort of helps with that.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |