Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My hair is green, but not from a pool.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nycsblondie

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone!

So I live out in the country, and my family's source of water is a well. Our well is treated every so often, and we have a filter. Unfortunately, after many many showers, my blonde hair now has a tint of green. It's not a just a little, either. It looks as if someone has taken a green marker and colored on the back of my head!!! Embarassed

My mom's a hairdresser, and we did a treatment with a packet of crystal gel. This removed a lot of the green, but not all of it. So we added a mixture of ash&neutral hair color and that took some more away. Then we trimmed my hair which cutt off more.

A month later, the green is back and even worse! Sad I don't know what to do other than dye my hair brown (which I even doubt my mom will let me do). I don't look good as a brunette!! I look very awkward with any type of reds in may hair, I can't even wear a gold and I stick with neutrals and ashes.

This has never happened to me before in all the years I've lived in this house.

Please help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
nycsblondie, just a question about your well water, but have you had it checked recently? It seems strange that it could be causing this all of a sudden. Maybe there is something going on with the mineral levels in your well water that your treatment isn't taking care of any longer?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
nycsblondie, just a question about your well water, but have you had it checked recently? It seems strange that it could be causing this all of a sudden. Maybe there is something going on with the mineral levels in your well water that your treatment isn't taking care of any longer?

Agree I lived with well water and we had to check that everything was in working order at least once a year. Smile

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I don't know the last time it was checked but I don't think it was long ago...

But what should I do about the hair?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
nycsblondie wrote:
I don't know the last time it was checked but I don't think it was long ago...

But what should I do about the hair?

You could try a shampoo/conditioner called Malibu 2000 for well water hair. They have a shampoo and conditioner. Don't know if that would work or not. You need to see about the water, otherwise even if you do get your hair "fixed" it is going to keep happening!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
My sister had the same problem with her well and hair.

She had to bleach out the minerals what she could not get stripped out, and she had to add a water softener and I think an additional filter to her well pump.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
If I was having that kind of problem I would use distilled water to wash my hair rather than lose my blonde hair color.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would do what bordnfl2 suggests: use distilled water to wash my hair. I that would be a tad tedious, but not having green hair makes it all worth it.

but well water! How romantic - so Anne-of-Green-Gables-like. Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2 wrote:
If I was having that kind of problem I would use distilled water to wash my hair rather than lose my blonde hair color.

Or you could tray adding a shower filter to your shower head to filter out some of the minerals.

http://www.showerfilterstore.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bordnfl2 wrote:

Or you could tray adding a shower filter to your shower head to filter out some of the minerals.

http://www.showerfilterstore.com/

That's a great suggestion Bethany, we had a water softener and a whole house water filter in the house up north, the area we were in was loaded with limestone and without all our goodies it would ruin all appliances. The one great thing is no water bill!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |