Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nose Huggie
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
eternalgoddess mentioned this on LouLou's forum.

http://www.nosehuggies.com/index.html

All I can say is, ouch! I posted pictures of my nose on the Facercise thread asking if face exercises would improve my nose (there were claims it could even help a bent nose and build muscles at the bridge).

The pictures can't be from genuine Nose Huggies users, surely! They look like rhinoplasty before and after photos. And only 15 minutes a day! Surprised

I can see cheap versions of this on ebay, I might just try it Confused

Edit: mb935 from the same thread also mentioned this, which looks similar http://cgi.ebay.com/Japan-Nose-Up-Clip-Lifting-Shaping-Clip-Clipper-No-Pain_W0QQitemZ220563580899QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335a9d27e3

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch is right! This looks like it would hurt. If this really works I would imagine it would require a good amount of pressure to change cartilage.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
They sell these on amazon and other websites. They have been around for a while in Japan.

http://www.amazon.com/Nose-Lifting-Shaping-Beauty-Clip/dp/B001OKB4OQ

http://www.ebest24.com/en/nose-up-clip-lifting-shaping-clipper.html?language=en&currency=USD

The question I got is how do they shrink bumps on the front of the nose. The clips look like they would only work to make the nose smaller on the sides.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
The question I got is how do they shrink bumps on the front of the nose. The clips look like they would only work to make the nose smaller on the sides.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

I have had 2 nose jobs, and I really don't see this working to eliminate the hump...it usually requires shaving down of bone to see the kind of change the people on that website had.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
ljk - These have been sold in Asia for years if not decades. Theoretically, it is possible to reshape the cartilage portion of your nose while it's still malleable, but the photos definitely look bogus.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:

All I can say is, ouch! I posted pictures of my nose on the Facercise thread asking if face exercises would improve my nose (there were claims it could even help a bent nose and build muscles at the bridge).

Could you post the link to the thread?
I've been trying to build up my bridge muscles, with limited success.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 am      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
ljk wrote:

Sorry, I'm on UK time! Here's some of the thread where facial exercises to improve the nose are discussed on pages 13 and 14 http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=521481&highlight=facercise+nose+exercise#521481

I've mentioned Aprile's pictures when she directed me to her blog (about the nose), and posted my own, a few people have reported success with FE and Facercise.

Someone on ebay is selling an identical Nose Huggie "Nose Up Clear Lifting Shaping Clip Clipper" with a "Best Offer" option of $1.99.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Maybe a bulldog clip might do the job Laughing I bought one anyway.

On a similar note, after my procedures I wore a tight elastic garment around my face for a few weeks to help me heal properly post-op. I wondered if anyone wore these long-term at nights/during daytime to keep their faces firm?

Mind you, it'd be a real passion killer Confused

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm not eternal goddess, but I'm the one who posted about them on the Facercise thread when I saw your asking, and mine haven't arrived yet, but should be here any day now so I'll let you all know how painful/result producing they are.

From what I understood in that thread, they were saying that its partly muscle, cartlidge and bone, and with bone they reckon you can't do anything (but we've got Bone Exercises and all so I'm wondering whether it is only surgery that can help), but with the muscle and cartlidge you can.... and I'm also a member of another forum where this device was talked about and it had rave reviews there (and it was by non-asians) so I figure at that price (and its guaranteed) its worth trying and won't be too much of a loss.

What annoyed me and really peed me off was posted it to be helpful and then found a lot of name calling etc was going on. I mean sure I can understand the photos look a bit gimicky (no problem there) but no more gimicky than the bloody Facercise before/afters (which are apparently 5 days apart - but even so a little fake looking to me, as mostly its the neck posture thats changed and in all honesty they could have very well be taken the same day just with different poses). I mean they got an exercise they call Nose Shortener - and I've not seen any proof that that exercise does that at all - you'd think if there were so many people out there doing facercise they would have some sort of documented proof.

From the reviews I've read, none of them have said that they have taken a bone lump out of the nose, but many have said that it thinned the nose as a result or changed is appearance.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaMary,
Could you post the link to the discussion about the nose clip/huggie on another forum please?

I had some comments when I asked a perfectly reasonable question ages ago, asking how much of LouLou's results were attributable to FE (which she did first) as she now has her own programme. As far as I know, she doesn't mention it in her book/dvd, though that may have changed now the 2nd edition is out. It wasn't meant to cause offence, but some took it that way. It hasn't put me off saying what I think, that's the whole point of forums Very Happy

That's why I put my own pictures on the Facercise thread; I commented on Aprile's pictures, it's only fair the world gets to see mine.

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I dont feel comfortable in sharing that info, as having come under attack for talking about it here in the first place, its not something that I want to subject others to. Sorry, but search for it and I'm sure your discover it.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
That's a shame, I wouldn't let anyone scare me off, it's only words on a screen, after all.

But I'll Google it, it's cool.

lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
eternalgoddess mentioned this on LouLou's forum.

The pictures can't be from genuine Nose Huggies users, surely! They look like rhinoplasty before and after photos. And only 15 minutes a day! Surprised

LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335a9d27e3

Oh, those are rhinoplasty photos, no doubt. I did see one imo legitimate before/after posted on a forum called soompi. The girl was a regular poster there. The change was very subtle, but noticeable. It made her bridge higher but I thought she looked cuter in the before.

There were some posters who said it worked, but it was temporary and would revert back if not kept up with everyday.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
quote- The question I got is how do they shrink bumps on the front of the nose.

A chisel and hammer. Laughing Those are the most fraudulent before and afters ever.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. Having a read round the Soompi forums, they mention this one too http://www.kissmixer.com/hico/hico1.htm "Hico pulls and lifts an greater Alar Cartilage a lateral nasal and septal among them, so that it makes those Cartilages longer after a given time, and changes a flat nose to a higher one." (sorry for the Engrish).

I can still see me having nose surgery, but the nose clip/exercises should help me maintain, seeing as the conk will keep growing Laughing

3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
3rd.oculus wrote:
ljk wrote:

Sorry, I'm on UK time! Here's some of the thread where facial exercises to improve the nose are discussed on pages 13 and 14 http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=521481&highlight=facercise+nose+exercise#521481

I've mentioned Aprile's pictures when she directed me to her blog (about the nose), and posted my own, a few people have reported success with FE and Facercise.

Someone on ebay is selling an identical Nose Huggie "Nose Up Clear Lifting Shaping Clip Clipper" with a "Best Offer" option of $1.99.

Thanks ljk! I actually bought one of those when I was in Japan (I'm a sucker for nifty gadgets) but it's just sitting in a drawer somewhere. . .
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:

The question I got is how do they shrink bumps on the front of the nose.

Although it's impossible to remove a bump without surgery, it is possible to make it less prominent - I saw a news spot on a "mini nosejob" procedure that basically involved injecting filler into the bridge area. With the bridge lifted, the formerly bumpy profile became much straighter.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Thank you. Having a read round the Soompi forums, they mention this one too http://www.kissmixer.com/hico/hico1.htm "Hico pulls and lifts an greater Alar Cartilage a lateral nasal and septal among them, so that it makes those Cartilages longer after a given time, and changes a flat nose to a higher one." (sorry for the Engrish).

The Hico looks to be the same concept as Nose Secret, lifting up the tip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hTFoDuJVjc&feature=fvw

Although the Hico looks positively torturous next to Nose Secret. Laughing
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm sort of gagging thinking about it, but this might actually work.

I like my nose- it's a nice nose. I basically have my dad's nose, and his nose is perfect, except I have a bit of thicker cartilage and lack the defined tip he has. But if I lift the tip a tiny bit it looks great. So in theory I could see it (nosesecret) working.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:32 am      Reply with quote
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ID=119105/Nose_Secret/0/Misc_Beauty_Tools/
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
this looks interesting - can anyone who has bought this item report back in 2 weeks and give us an idea of how it works?

If its only 15min over 2 weeks without too much maintenance after, and if its cheap enough I think I will try it too..I've been doing the nose shortener excercise on off for a good few months now, and am not sure if its doing anything!

My nose was nice up til around 27, then the cartilage started growing downwards a little, and loss of fat on the bridge of my nose has exposed the slightly crooked bridge, which you couldnt see before ( abit like Sarah Jessica Parkers nose). Wonder if this gadget can help with either of those issues?

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I'll give the "Nose Huggie" from ebay a go (I'm assuming it's the same thing as the pictures are identical).

As for Nose Secret, what if you're like me and a chronic sneezer with a runny nose? The petite Asian noses Soompi members have look perfectly lovely, it just proves we're never happy. I'd trade my misshapen nose for one of theirs any day Wink

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Mine arrived today, and I've tried my first session with it already, and will report back in two weeks time for sure. First impressions, it wasn't painful, but it was slightly uncomfortable for a while. I did it for 20 minutes (in the instructions they advise 10-20 minutes daily for a two week period). It felt strange breathing with the contraption on, and so I changed so I breathed only in and out of my mouth, and the clip did leave a little mark on my nose for a couple of seconds after removing it where it had been, but its only first day.

How would they be able to display pictures if they weren't from the device alone (and surely if surgery had been involved they would be in legal action by now?).

I do remember talking about it with one of hte ladies on the other forum and she said she did use it daily, but found that she could shorten the time. I suppose its just like facial exercises in that they need to be done daily, otherwise they just revert back to its former state?
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:

As for Nose Secret, what if you're like me and a chronic sneezer with a runny nose?

One reviewer said she used clear jewellers string at the base to make sure it stayed in place (in the event of sneezing, etc, I'm guessing).
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I downloaded the nosesecret youtube video and have been pathetically pausing it over and over again. It seems to make her nose a bit pointier and slimmer, whereas her natural nose is broader.

I wouldn't mind trying them for a day or so but not permanently. Eventually my boyfriend would find out and I'd die of embarrassment. The nose clip thing wouldn't bother me, but having things in my nose like that would.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |