Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Nose Huggie
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
lagomorph wrote:
Ok, I downloaded the nosesecret youtube video and have been pathetically pausing it over and over again. It seems to make her nose a bit pointier and slimmer, whereas her natural nose is broader.

If that's pathetic, I'm worse. Tried using a couple Q-tips to lift under the tip to simulate what it would look like Laughing
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I did this too! Tried to make splints out of q-tips to see what it would look like. Did not work at all. Laughing
Mythtern
5% products discount

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I got a nose huggie on ebay for really cheep but it's coming from China...might take a while to get here... I'll use it and keep ya posted...I think my nose bridge is ok but the tip could be slimmed a bit..hope it works...BTW my husband promised not to laugh when he sees me with it on Smile but I guess it's no weirder than walking around the house with scotch tape on my frown lines...What a picture a nose huggie and scotch tape...god I'm a beauty LOL Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ive used my nose huggie thing off and on for a few weeks and I certainly HAVE seen a difference actually. Now I have had 2 nose jobs... so i dont know if that changes anything.

But I do like the difference and its been the same for hte last few days or so. I dont really notice a difference in teh profile as much though.

I do the tanika massage also - so its possible either THATs the reason - or both - but i dont do that every day either.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I had rhinoplasty about 18 years ago. Loved the results, had the dorsal bump removed and the end of the nose thined out.

Now that I am getting close to 40 though, , I find the nasal tip seems to be getting a little longer!

Curious if the nose huggie would work to keep the tip small?? (this looks like the craziest contraption, would be amazing if it actually worked!)

I could see this maybe working for the tip, not sure how on earth it could remove a nasal bump though! Very Happy
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
mb935, what changes have you noticed? Just at the tip? tia. Smile
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
mb935 I'd love to know too. Sometimes surgeons inject cortisone into the tip of a patient's nose if the skin is thick. I wonder if topical cortisone would do anything.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I think overall my nose looks thinner. The tip especially (unless its JUST the tip Im noticing that makes the whole nose look smaller)

I also realized that I have a noticeable dip in the tip - almost a ski-slope appearance. I used to use brown eyeshadow to make the dip on my nose and now i dont have to.

As stated I havent notice a difference in my profile - i dont know why.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to order this today and give it a try. I have a rather large protruding nose and even if it helps a little, I'll be happy with that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I think overall my nose looks thinner. The tip especially (unless its JUST the tip Im noticing that makes the whole nose look smaller)

I also realized that I have a noticeable dip in the tip - almost a ski-slope appearance. I used to use brown eyeshadow to make the dip on my nose and now i dont have to.

As stated I havent notice a difference in my profile - i dont know why.

What do you mean by a "dip in the tip"?
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I talking about an indentation - that looks like a slope - which i didnt have before. Its not bad though.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I went ahead and ordered some sort of blue nose clip from ebay. It's less than a dollar so it's not like I'm going to be out anything if it doesn't work.
Mythtern
5% products discount

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Day 1 Nose Huggie.....Well got my nose huggie today...pretty fast shipping considering I got it shipped from China...
1. It came without instructions (but I figured it would) didn't really need them anyway
2. I wore it for 1 hour 15 min....at first when I put it on I thought it wasn't tight enough but after a few minutes I realized it was tight enough..
3. I can see where this thing would work but only on the cart ledge not the bone.
4 I moved it around a bit to keep from pinching one area..
5. If what my nose looked like after wearing this for that long is any indication of how it might look in the long term I will be happy
6. be forewarned you nose will be red when you take it off...it might cause a little headache (it went away pretty quickly)...this is gross but I got a little snotty...and of coarse it constricts your breathing a bit while you wear it.....I'll keep you updated :
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
an hour!!!

Where i bought mine (ebay) they made it clear to wear for 15 minutes tops per day.

I probably should have mentioned that - figured youd get the same directions.

do you have the blue clip or hte pink one?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Mine say not to wear it longer than 10 minutes for the first week and to increase to max 20 minutes!!! I think an over is way overdoing it also!! Laughing
Mythtern
5% products discount

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
yeah 15 min is recommended on the directions and on the official site but all over the net people who have used it (successfully) are using it for up to an hour...
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Was beginning to think mine was never going to arrive. I got the blue "Nose Huggie" (ebay) copy from Hong Kong today.

The Engrish makes me smile. "Anti-Germ & Stink-Proof" (!), "In order to make your little nose clearer, more beautiful and full of happiness" (how I wish mine was little)!

Wearing it right now! I can barely breathe out of my nose a lot of the time (dodgy sinuses) so I'll probably forget it's there.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Maybe not! 20 minutes of wearing it and it aches a bit! Confused

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Well I have to say I've been using mine for only max 15 minutes (and usually I'm quite sore near the end of that time) so wouldn't dream of doing it any longer but I'm loving the results. Its definitely had an impact on my nose. It feels strange (I breath through my nose) for a short while when its off, but its definitely straightened my nose and thinned it (which was something I thought only surgery could do.

Can you tell me where you've seen it recommended an hour. I'd like to read up on it some more. I'm not sure I would do it for that long (and not sure I could survive the pain).
Mythtern wrote:
yeah 15 min is recommended on the directions and on the official site but all over the net people who have used it (successfully) are using it for up to an hour...
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, where exactly do you guys apply the nose huggie ? At the very end of the tip? tia. Very Happy
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the "Huggie" faithfully for about a week, can't say I've noticed anything.

http://www.makemeheal.com/answers/viewQuestion.do?qid=905

vero
5% products discount

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
hello,

i have a high nose bridge (i have a kind of bump)and the tip is lower and long... I would like a lot to 'move' up the tip. Do You think that it is possible with nose huggie or nose up ?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Got mine in the mail today but haven't used it yet, going to hold off till tomorrow. Right now my sinuses are killing me, headache and all. Didn't come with instructions either but I'll only try the 15 minutes to start with.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am to chicken to try it!! I had rhinoplasty years ago, love the results. (with getting a bit older though, nose is changing a bit).

I would be worried this would make my nose look too pinched and small, and then would not be able to fix it afterwards! Very Happy
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Wearing mine now and ouch...it hurts, so I'm only doing the 15 minutes.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |