Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Finally something working for my Dark circles...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sometime back I was looking for opinions on G.M.Collins Bote-Peptide eye Contour cream...Well, nobody knew much and I had ordered already so I gave it a try..And I am so glad I did.

I have been using the cream for two weeks now and it has made a significant improvement in my circles. FYI, I have brown circles and deep set eyes, my circles are worse if I dont sleep well.Since using this cream lack of sleep doesnt seem to make them worse.It has a gel cream light texture and is not greasy at all but is hydrating enough.Here are the ingredients.

Ingredients: Water, Phytonadione (Vitamin K), Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Steareth-20, Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, PEG-6 Isostearate, Hesperetin Laurate, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate-20, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Squalane (Vegetal), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Dextrin, Soybean (Glycine Soya), Caffeine, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Irvingia Gabonensis Kernel (Wild Mango) Butter, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A).

The second ingredient is vitamin K.I have used PTR K cream and it didnt work for me and i hated to try and break the small granules in there. I dont know how this cream will be for the fine lines but we will see and it can be applied all around the eye area.It is packed in an airless pump which can be easily controlled.

Love it!

Oh yeah it retails for 80 bucks but I got it for 60 which included international shipping!...on Ebay.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!!!! $80 is a lot of $$$$$. But I'm willing to pay that amount if it works! I would give anything to get rid of these dark circles. If I didn't have them I wouldn't wear make-up. Well just a little blush, mascara and lip gloss. Thanks for the info. I will try it at the end of the month when I get paid again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:04 am      Reply with quote
This is working for me gradually...so still have dark circles but there is improvement.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin K is what gets rid of dark circles. It also helps with broken capularies and bruises. It has something to do with blood pooling under the skin which is what dark circles and bruises are. If anything has worked for you in the past, I guarantee it included vitamin K in the ingrediants. There is a Vitamin K serum by Revision that works. I don't think it will do anything for lines, however. Here's the link: http://www.revisionskincare.com/ . They do not market this serum specifically for dark circles, probably because they want people to buy their Teamine eye stuff which really didn't do much for me. Another little trick to try is to sleep with your head propped up a little. Use two pillows if you have to. This helps to keep the blood from pooling under your eyes.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I had dark circles under my eyes with brown spots from the sun as well. I also have deep set eyes. I bought dermajuv eye revolution gel. In just a couple of days I saw a huge improvement. It takes care of wrinkles too. This product is fantastic. I bought the neck cream because it has the ingredients that the wrinkle creams have, plus a skin tightener. I use it all over my face. I have used the products for 3 weeks now and can not imagine giving them up. The trick is to buy two at a time; it is cheaper that way.
El-natural

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Even though I stated I would pay it if it works if I can find something a little cheaper I would first try it. And dermajuv eye revolution gel is a little expensive more than what I want to pay right now. Plus I like the Vitamin K idea and its benefits. So I will try the revision serum first then move on to G.M.Collins Bote-Peptide eye Contour cream since it also has Vitamin K in it. I just need to wait until payday to purchase that one. Laughing
Thanks for the info it REALLY is helpful. I HATE my dark circles. I will report my progress.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
$80 is steep indeed. But if it works, it could be worth it. I'm with you though if I can find something cheaper, it'd be nicer.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing. Will try it later.
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your advice Very Happy
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Amy Lu wrote:

You can use "add a thank you" to thank someone.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Amy Lu wrote:

You can use "add a thank you" to thank someone.

Yeah and it works great I just gave you a heart Thank You. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I may have to try this product. I noticed the OP said they have brown circles. Mine are purple so I wonder if it would have the same effect.

I just got a sample of PTR Power K or whatever it's called. This will be my third time trying it. I'm probably going to use it on one of my eyes. This way I can really tell if it's doing something. I just don't like that idea because if it works I'm going to look strange. Oh well eh? If it works I'll just have to put some under my other eye. Very Happy
Jess_Doll
5% products discount

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone here tried the gelatin trick?

Its def a much cheaper way to get vitamin k
LBoz
5% products discount

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Jess_Doll wrote:

Jess, can you explain this trick? I'm a total newb to this stuff but feel like a sponge. I'm always excited to learn about an inexpensive tip.

I just started using EES and really like it. Anyone else using it?
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:54 am      Reply with quote
LBoz wrote:
Jess_Doll wrote:

Jess, can you explain this trick? I'm a total newb to this stuff but feel like a sponge. I'm always excited to learn about an inexpensive tip.

I just started using EES and really like it. Anyone else using it?

Yes, I have tried it and it works for me. The recipe are under the DIY, search for gelatin dark circles.

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I had dark circles Where to buy it
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I bought a Vitamin K cream years ago that promised to get rid of broken capillaries. You were supposed to use it for sixty days and I think I used it for double that time but didn't see the slightest improvement. I think vitamin K probably works best if you take it in vitamin form because it prevents broken capillaries.

I'd like to see a test where someone used this only on one eye for a period of time. That is the only way to tell a product's effectiveness in my opinion.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |