Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Speaking of Teeth whitening, Halle Berry and Brittney use
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
raydean
5% products discount

Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:33 am      Reply with quote
GoSmile. My husband told me he saw the doctor demonstrating this on InStyle, and it was also on TheView. Apparently, you take an ampule, and apply it twice a day for 14 days and you'll get 6 shades whiter. I tried creststrips and was not impressed. I have 2 vaneer teeth and this is supposed to help whiten them to their color when first put on. I am going to try it soon. I had just spent almost $300 bucks at the Dentist and wish I would have tried this first. I think it's $75.00 everywhere else, but you can try samples atwww.new-raves.com. If anyone has tried it, I would love to hear your experience.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I think you can get GoSmile sample-sizes at Sephora, too...I recall seeing them by the cash register last time I was there.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:10 am      Reply with quote
OH!! Yes, I got given a sample of that when I shopped there a couple weeks back. I was wondering what the heck it was at first! ooh.. I might give this a go.. but it is only one ampule sadly LOL
raydean
5% products discount

Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just emailedwww.new-raves and they said they are giving out a secret code to those who email and ask for it, and you can save over $15.00 from sale price Very Happy It's not advertised though, so you have to email them.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Strange that it works for veneers. Laser, UV and dental tray whitening is said not to effect veneers, crowns, etc.

The ampules and compact look awesome, but I prefer whitening systems and treatments from a dentist.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think I am going to give a 2-week go with GoSmile. I mean, dental whitening is like $300 in Japan (ACK)

But looking at the prices... why would anyone buy the 14-day (30 ampule) program at $75?

Just buy the refill box of of the DAily Vanity case (30 x .2ml ampules) at just $38?

That is what I am going to do.. now if anyone has the Sephora Xmas catalog, I would love to know the special SAMPLE CODE at the back of it. I stupidly gave my catalog to my friend Sad
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
raydean wrote:
GoSmile. My husband told me he saw the doctor demonstrating this on InStyle, and it was also on TheView. Apparently, you take an ampule, and apply it twice a day for 14 days and you'll get 6 shades whiter. I tried creststrips and was not impressed. I have 2 vaneer teeth and this is supposed to help whiten them to their color when first put on. I am going to try it soon. I had just spent almost $300 bucks at the Dentist and wish I would have tried this first. I think it's $75.00 everywhere else, but you can try samples atwww.new-raves.com. If anyone has tried it, I would love to hear your experience.

Does this whitener cause your teeth to be sensitive to cold, etc. as other whiteners do?

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
It might do.. (I had never heard that actually).. but what makes me think so is that they sell an AM and PM toothpaste (which sound lovely.. have essential oils suitable to the AM and PM) and I think it said that they protected against sensitivity too.

There is a write up about it on Sephora and it said that whilst traditional whitening aimes to change the color of the tooth, GoSmile also acts as a stain remover.

We will see... my discoloration is from anitbiotics taken as a young child when my adult teeth were being formed.

At $38 for 2 weeks less 20% though I cannot go wrong to give it a go. I mean, I dont want Jessica Simpson fake-white pearlies, but a bit brighter would be nice.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:55 am      Reply with quote
FYI - apparently there IS a difference between the more expensive GoSmile "starter kit" and those cheaper ampules...you might want to check what folks have to say about GoSmile on MUA, or just click here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=21215/gosmile/Unlisted_Brand/Other_Beauty_Tools/

If any of you try the GoSmile, be sure to give us a review!

thanks,
Carrie
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Carrie! I had been wondering about that, especially as they don't mention any difference at all on Sephora. I thought it was a quantity thing maybe.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:55 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

We will see... my discoloration is from anitbiotics taken as a young child when my adult teeth were being formed.

At $38 for 2 weeks less 20% though I cannot go wrong to give it a go. I mean, I dont want Jessica Simpson fake-white pearlies, but a bit brighter would be nice.

I'll be anxious to hear how it works for you. My daughter has the same situation with her teeth due to anti-biotics used when she was a toddler. She had the good fortune to have a dentist friend who did a professional whitening, for a great savings, but being able to maintain it herself would be tremendous. She's an absolutely beautiful woman (I'm not biased at all, of course), but whiter teeth makes anyone more beautiful. Plus, I need to do a little whitening myself! Very Happy

Keep us posted!

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I went to see my dentist today and asked for his recommendation on bleach products. He said so far the only thing he knows that works is the Crest Strip (over the counter, I assume). So, I went ahead and bought the Crest. Just put on the first set of strips. There are 7 days supply in the box, so I should see several shades whiter (?) in a week. Will let you guys know how it works. Pray
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:44 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
I went to see my dentist today and asked for his recommendation on bleach products. He said so far the only thing he knows that works is the Crest Strip (over the counter, I assume). So, I went ahead and bought the Crest. Just put on the first set of strips. There are 7 days supply in the box, so I should see several shades whiter (?) in a week. Will let you guys know how it works. Pray

I'd like to know if you experience sensitivity to cold drinks. My friend did and I've read that it can happen. I have a box of Crest strips, but never have stopped long enough to use them.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:17 am      Reply with quote
When I used my Crest strips (this was the original formula, before they came out with the "premium, results in seven days" version), I DID experience a bit of temperature sensitivity for the first day or so (nothing too unbearable), but it quickly went away and I never had another problem after that...if I remember correctly, I think Crest even warns you about this in the instruction pamphlet.

I'd just like to go on record to say that I also tried the Colgate "Simply White" brush-on whitening gel, which was joke. You had to hold your lips away from your teeth while you waited for it to dry and try not to salivate/drool or it would wash the stuff away. The problem is, even after it dried, it still washed away the 2nd I closed my mouth and swallowed normally!! IMHO, Colgate Simply White was a complete waste of money.

I also tried the Crest "Night Effects" which is also a brush-on formula, but that stuff was damn near bullet-proof!! It clung to my teeth so well, in fact, that it was unbelievably difficult to remove it the next morning! I hate to brush my teeth multiple times to get all that goop off, and even afterward I still had bits of it in the crevices between my teeth. I can't speak to how well it actually whitened, because after two mornings of waking up to that ordeal, I simply gave up!! Thank God I kept my receipt so I could return it to Walmart, because that stuff was over $30.....

So, all in all, I'd have to say that I liked the Crest White Strips the best, even though it was a pain in the buttocks to apply the strip30-minutes a day twice daily for 14 days. As I said under the original tooth whitening post, I've been able to maintain my original results from the Crest White Strips (even though I'm a smoker!) by using my Mentadent (baking soda & peroxide) toothpaste and my OralB toothbrush with built-in polishing disks but if I ever need to re-whiten my teeth, I'll probably go with the new-and-improved Crest White Strips -- unless someone gives us a rave on the GoSmile!!!

Carrie
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie.....

Did the Crest White strips leave any kind of residue that was difficult to remove? I assume not since you didn't mention it.

Guess I need to go dig that box out wherever it is.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
No, I didn’t get any residue from the Crest White Strips, but I always brushed my teeth after I removed them – just ‘cuz I’m anal and like to go to sleep without brushing my teeth!!
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,
Just wanted to add my 2 cents -- I tried GoSmile and sad to say it didn't work very well for me. It also feels a little strange to rub the ampule on your teeth - like it feels almost squeaky in a way and I know that gives me the shivers. I have had professional whitening in a dentists office and thought it was too painful to ever do again --I experienced extreme sensitivity where I couldn't even open my mouth to talk, the air hurt me so badly for about 2 hours but I did have great results with the take home trays from the dentist and totally recommend it (most likely about $300, I happened to get it free from my orthodontist). Crest Whitestrips are pretty good too for slower whitening results. Hope that helps! : )
jalacchi

Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
[spam]
*deleted by mabsy
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:

I'll be anxious to hear how it works for you. My daughter has the same situation with her teeth due to anti-biotics used when she was a toddler. She had the good fortune to have a dentist friend who did a professional whitening, for a great savings, but being able to maintain it herself would be tremendous. She's an absolutely beautiful woman (I'm not biased at all, of course), but whiter teeth makes anyone more beautiful. Plus, I need to do a little whitening myself! Very Happy

Keep us posted!

JUDY

Hi Judy

What kind of professional whitening did the dentist friend do for your daughter? I too have those anti-biotic teeth. Gray in my case, and I am assuming your daughter's. If they aren't gray, please correct me, as that would, I think, make a big difference in what kind of success to expect. Recently I wrote a rather long ramble on a thread about how, in my experience, bleaching and whitening products generally do next to nothing for those with the grayish teeth caused by anti-biotics because among other things the teeth are discolored all the way through. However, it was mentioned that there could be an amount of improvement for some people. So far I just seem not to be one of those people.

The timing of this discussion is perfect for me as I have been very seriously considering doing bonding again sometime in the coming year, but have not completely decided that is the route I will take. I had bonding done many many years ago and had the last of it removed a few years back so that I could do a professional dental bleaching which didn't work at all. I am assuming that your daughter didn't have veneers put on since you mentioned a whitening procedure, but if she did have veneers done, I would still be interested in how everything turned out. But again assuming that she did not have that done, I would love to hear what procedure she did have and what kind of success she had with it. As you and your daughter no doubt know, success story evaluations for this particular type of discoloration problem that does not involve veneers are hard to come by and would be very welcome to me. I have not been considering veneers very seriously because frankly that route makes me very very nervous, plus they cost a fortune. Nevertheless, I would still be interested in hearing about her results as I mull my own dental decision.

By the way, the 'proud mother' comes across loud and clear in a single brief sentence and is really lovely. Smile
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Crest Strip for almost 5 days now. I saw the whitening effect right after single use. Now after 5 days, the effect is not as dramatic. In the first two times, the strip gel made my gum a bit uncomfortable / sensitive, but now it's all gone. The instruction says that you have to use it twice a day. I cant find the right time to use in the day time (cause it is not recommended to use right after brushing), so I only apply the strip in the night. I wonder if this slows down the effect?
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Happygirl, for max results you must apply twice a day. In the morning I applied the strips as soon as I got up and by the time I showered, put make-up on, dried my hair the treatment time had elapsed, so thats when I brushed my teeth. Try this routine and hope it works for you Very Happy .

Anya[/i]
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the GoSmile when Sephora had the 20% off offer early this month.

I must say the purchase was kind of a "knee jerk" reaction to the last minute coupon find (20% off), but I am glad I gave it a GO.

I am on day 4, but already I can see a noticeable improvement in the yellowness of my teeth. I tried Crest Whitestrips in the past, but find they irritate my gums so much. The inflamation associated with their use (for me) was just not worth it. Sad to say, I was happier with stained theeth than I was with sensitive teeth and inflammed gums.

As I said, I am only on day 4, but I have had NO problem tolerating GOSmile. My teeth are whiter already. The taste is a little bleck, but it isn't awful. Using the ampule isn't tricky, but your forearm might cramp up from squeezing the tube so hard day after day....

In the early stages, I am really happy with my results.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
marella wrote:
What kind of professional whitening did the dentist friend do for your daughter? I too have those anti-biotic teeth. Gray in my case, and I am assuming your daughter's.

Marella....

I've e-mailed her to ask just what the procedure was and to give me details about how she felt about it. Will let you know when she answers, but it may be a while as they are out and traveling for the holidays and she won't return to her computer until after the New Year.

I do know that the greyish teeth are a real problem to treat and I don't remember her raving about the result, so I suspect it was minimal. Sorry. Sad

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Back in '99 I got the tray system from my dentist with the syringes of whitener. It worked really well although it did cause sensitivity at first, the first night I tried to wear them I spat them out in my sleep. I used sensodyne toothpaste after that. Now when I want to touch up I use the Colgate Simply White, it's the same stuff that was in the syringes but a stronger percentage of the active ingredient Carbamide Peroxide. I paint it on my teeth and then wear the trays to keep it on.
I got a sample of Go-Smile from Sephora so I'm going to give that a try next.
Megan

Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Sooo many choices when it comes to teeth whitening options. Both my husband and I need to do something, and have been doing a lot of research and weighing our options.

We found this site on cosmetic dentistry that talks about different whitening procedures. Also talked with our dentist, who seems to want to choose the most expensive routes first. Hubby has had limited success with white stips though, so we'll see.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |