Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

[Semi-Review] Guerlain isima Anti-aging Soft Creme Foundati
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I was given a sample sachet of this and the issima Anti-ageing Silky-Smooth Foundation from the Guerlain counter a few months back when we purchased Vetiver fragrance for hubby and some KissKiss lip gloss for me.

I am not a foundation fan at all- I wear it maybe twice a year. All I have is a Chanel wet/dry compact foundation for special events/dinners. The last time I actually purchased foundation was about 9 years ago (a Dior one, that granted, was quite nice). Somehow though, I do have a Chanel loose powder.. hmm Laughing

Anyway, yesterday I decided to try the creme foundation (the other sample was too dark for me) and I was pleasantly surprized. Whilst I never thought I could like a thick cream foundation, this melted onto my skin and gave a lovely even tone. I finished with a light dusting of the Chanel loose powder and did not need to do anything else all day. No oil blotting, nothing. My skin looked wonderful, radiant even, and even drew a comment from my husband about how beautiful I looked.

I also liked that it was SPF12/PA++, but I don't think I could use this in summer, even though it felt fairly light on.

Mind you, it was a bit of a worry when I got home that night (granted about 10 hours after application) and cleansed (Eve Lom of course) that there was virtually no foundation color on the cloth. I was like, "what? where did it all go?" On the negative side, I have a pin-head size little white pimple on my cheek this morning (a true rarity), but I cannot confirm if that was from putting gloop on my face yesterday or the fact that it "vanished". Razz

I have often thought of trying the La Prairie caviar foundation or La Mer or some minerals make-up; now after yesterday's success, Guerlain (whose cosmetic line I cannot stand because of the strong perfume) is on the list and I think I just might have to purchase some foundation soon (duty free of course.. the Guerlain foundation is 12,000 yen - about CA$150!!)
Mabsy

Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:29 am      Reply with quote
What is the coverage like? Is it fairly sheer (despite being a cream foundation)?

If you ever try the La Prairie foundation please let me know. It often tempts me because I have read so many "this is my HG foundation" posts about it. I can't justify spending that much money on it though...
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I was really sheer - aside from the fact my skin tone looked lovely and even (it is not too bad without either) you could barely tell I was wearing foundation.

It never caked during the day at all either... well, like I said, it vanished! Laughing (but my skin still looked nice)

I was actually a bit worried when I first put it on as it was over camelia oil and I felt I used too much from the packet, but I was wrong.

I really wish I could have tried the liquid one, but the shade they gave me was too dark.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |