Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
My 2nd time around with Obagi NuDerm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

rileygirl, where do u buy ur microfiber cloth abd enzyme peel? On EDS or from NCN?

The microfiber cloth is from NCN, and the pumpkin enzyme I use is from perfect complexion.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

rileygirl, where do u buy ur microfiber cloth abd enzyme peel? On EDS or from NCN?

The microfiber cloth is from NCN, and the pumpkin enzyme I use is from perfect complexion.

Perfect complexion? Confused
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Riley--how do you like that pumpkin enzyme. Is that really a peel and if so, how deep of a peel is it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Here's the link, RussianSunshine.

http://www.perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Riley--how do you like that pumpkin enzyme. Is that really a peel and if so, how deep of a peel is it?

No, I don't consider it a true peel. You put it on and you are supposed to rub it all over, and continue rubbing. If it starts feeling dry, you are supposed to add some water to your fingertips and continue (for up to 20 minutes! My fingers would get tired long before then). It removes the flakies very nicely though. I definitely like it for how it can remove dry patches/flakes.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Here's the link, RussianSunshine.

http://www.perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php

riley, are u referring to the Pumpkin Mask Peel (for professional use only)?

Is that where u also buy TCA peel?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Yep, that is the pumpkin product I use. I did get the TCA there, but I recently used MUAC TCA, and I got frosting like I never had with either of the perfectcomplexion TCA peels.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Yep, that is the pumpkin product I use. I did get the TCA there, but I recently used MUAC TCA, and I got frosting like I never had with either of the perfectcomplexion TCA peels.

Sorry, riley, is frosting a good thing or a bad thing? I'm reading about TCA but still cannot figue out what frosting is.

Also, is it ok to use TCA peel while on Obagi?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Sorry, riley, is frosting a good thing or a bad thing? I'm reading about TCA but still cannot figue out what frosting is.

Also, is it ok to use TCA peel while on Obagi?

Frosting is a good thing. It is what normally happens when you use a TCA peel. It is the skin proteins coagulating. The area you apply the TCA to turns white and there are levels of frosting. You don't want to get too deep of a level or you run the risk of scarring.

It is safe to do a TCA peel when you are on Obagi. (One is supposed to prep their skin for any peel for 2-6 weeks with RA, AHA, and HQ if you pigment.) I would definitely say to really read up on the process of it and I would wait until major reactions from Obagi are done before attempting a TCA peel.

ETA: RussianSunshine, I wanted to say that if you have never done a TCA peel and wanted to try a home one, the perfectcomplexion one is perfect to start with. It is 12.5% and very mild, so you can judge if you like the peel or not.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl, is it this one :

http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=94 ?

They also have TCA Correcting/ Expeditor Cream Peel for newbies:

http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=54

Have you tried NCN Pumpkin Enzyme mask? I noticed that since I started Obagi I became less sensitive to this mask.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
rileygirl, is it this one :

http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=94 ?

They also have TCA Correcting/ Expeditor Cream Peel for newbies:

http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=54

Have you tried NCN Pumpkin Enzyme mask? I noticed that since I started Obagi I became less sensitive to this mask.

The first link is for her strongest TCA peel, the 18% one. This is her TCA complex, the 12% peel.

http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=93

You could try the correcting/expeditor cream peel, but everyone I have heard from says they don't really peel with that one. But, everyone is different, and you may!

I have used Nanci's pumpkin peel exfoliate, is that the one you mean?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Pro Pumpkin Peel (30%):

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/anti-aging-products/pro-pumpkin-peel-4-oz.html

Even though I'm less sensitive to it now, it still broke me out Embarassed

I kind of do not feel the need to do peels now that I'm on Obagi, except for the purpose of getting rid of the flakes.

Do u still feel like you need to do peels (TCA or other) while using such big amounts of Retin A?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Pro Pumpkin Peel (30%):

I kind of do not feel the need to do peels now that I'm on Obagi, except for the purpose of getting rid of the flakes.

Do u still feel like you need to do peels (TCA or other) while using such big amounts of Retin A?

Ok. Yes, I used that one before, and I think it is really nice. If you are only trying to get rid of flakies, I would just use a mild scrub or mild enzyme peel.

I do feel the need to use the TCA because I am fighting the vertical lip lines!! I am hoping a series of TCA peels will at least diminish them enough to where they don't bother me. We'll see!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
Pro Pumpkin Peel (30%):

Ok. Yes, I used that one before, and I think it is really nice. If you are only trying to get rid of flakies, I would just use a mild scrub or mild enzyme peel.

I do feel the need to use the TCA because I am fighting the vertical lip lines!! I am hoping a series of TCA peels will at least diminish them enough to where they don't bother me. We'll see!

Ok. I ordered both TCA and enzyme peel. So let's see Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine,
Where are you going to use the TCA peel? I've got some random spots on my right cheek that no amount of Nuderm seems to touch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
RussianSunshine,
Where are you going to use the TCA peel? I've got some random spots on my right cheek that no amount of Nuderm seems to touch.

On my smile lines since I smile a lot Very Happy

rileygirl, were u also referring to smile lines when u said "vertical lip lines" ?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

rileygirl, were u also referring to smile lines when u said "vertical lip lines" ?

No, I have those ugly lines above my upper lip. The rest of my face is fairly good! Laughing

Go slow with Julies products, RussianSunshine, and follow her advice. She believes in a slow and steady approach, which is good when just starting out with things.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

No, I have those ugly lines above my upper lip. The rest of my face is fairly good! Laughing

Go slow with Julies products, RussianSunshine, and follow her advice. She believes in a slow and steady approach, which is good when just starting out with things.

rileygirl, do u use TCA peel and blender + retin A the same day ?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

rileygirl, do u use TCA peel and blender + retin A the same day ?

No. I use the RA/Blender up until the night before, and then I do the peel. I only start the products back up after I have finished peeling completely. I know there are some people who use Retin A to help the peel, but from what I read it shouldn't be added back in until after the peel is complete and you are all healed.
Tahmina

Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:32 am      Reply with quote
can anyone tell me if EDS sell Retin-A cream 0.1% i need to order this cream from this website. if not then can anyone tell me which is a safe website i can order Retin-A 0.1% cream? i'm using obagi so it's suppose to be use it it. thank you.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |