Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My 2nd time around with Obagi NuDerm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Can I use LED, STOP, Vaculifter, dermaroller while on Obagi Nuderm?

I think the LED would be fine. I can't remember what the STOP is about. I would be very gentle with the vaculifter if you choose to try it. Your skin will more than likely be red, dry, and irritated and that probably wouldn't be the best thing to use at least for the first 6 weeks. I feel the same way for the dermaroller, at least not in the first 6 weeks. You need to make sure your skin can handle Nu Derm before adding back in your other things.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
OK, Rileygirl, I've got a few questions while starting Round 2 and I'll certainly appreciate your comments and suggestions! Here goes:

In the a.m., I'm currently using the Obagi Vit C with 4% HQ. Since starting this cycle, I'm also applying Clear. Do you think this is ok, or is it overkill??

Also, I would rather apply the Exfoderm Forte in the evening rather than the morning while also applying Blender and retin a. What are your thoughts on this?

I realize I'm not following the Nuderm protocol exactly -- and I'm still trying to incorporate cp's at night.

Thanks so much! I truly value your advice and opinions! Smile

Miss kims, my personal opinion is that the 2 4% HQ's are overkill. I would just use 1 of them in the morning.

The routine at night is fine. The Exfoderm will also help the RA/Blender penetrate even deeper. Just keep an eye on your skin and make sure it isn't getting Too dry. The CP's may help that issue, but I would still keep a close eye on your skin!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Sorry, riley, is frosting a good thing or a bad thing? I'm reading about TCA but still cannot figue out what frosting is.

Also, is it ok to use TCA peel while on Obagi?

Frosting is a good thing. It is what normally happens when you use a TCA peel. It is the skin proteins coagulating. The area you apply the TCA to turns white and there are levels of frosting. You don't want to get too deep of a level or you run the risk of scarring.

It is safe to do a TCA peel when you are on Obagi. (One is supposed to prep their skin for any peel for 2-6 weeks with RA, AHA, and HQ if you pigment.) I would definitely say to really read up on the process of it and I would wait until major reactions from Obagi are done before attempting a TCA peel.

ETA: RussianSunshine, I wanted to say that if you have never done a TCA peel and wanted to try a home one, the perfectcomplexion one is perfect to start with. It is 12.5% and very mild, so you can judge if you like the peel or not.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |