Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Forest...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Those of you who have been on this forum a while might remember me talking about my bunny Forest. Forest is a sweet little brown lop that we rescued from a shelter almost 5 years ago. He has always had health problems and has needed countless surgeries over the years-- he even needed to have all of his teeth removed, so we always had to make him special food to eat. Forest was everything to me, and he passed away suddenly on Sunday night. We are having an autopsy done to determine the cause of death, but our doctor has suspected for a while that he might have a brain tumor, so it's likely that was the cause. Can anyone who has lost a beloved pet offer me any advice? I feel almost like I have lost my will to live. I can't sleep or eat and I spend all day crying. My whole day usually revolved around taking care of Forest, so every minute that I'm not holding him or kissing him or making him his special food is a reminder of how much I've lost. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Here are some links where you can see pictures of Forest...

http://www.dailybunny.com/daily_bunny_d8/2007/09/ahh-yes-its-the.html

http://www.dailybunny.com/daily_bunny_d8/2010/03/cutest-sleeper-ever.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz,

First I am so sorry for your loss! I have had many pets all rescues that have passed away over the years and I felt just like you each and every time.
The only things that helped at all were the passing of time, realizing that you gave that precious bunny a better life than anyone could filled with love, kindness and the best care possible.
Remember all the good, warm and sweet times you spent with Forest!
You never stop missing the loved and lost, but the pain you are feeling now will be replaced with a bittersweet smile when you think of your bunny. Hang in there it does get better. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Liz,
I don't think I have any words of wisdom for you other than just allow yourself to grieve. I looked at your links and Forest was truly a beautiful bunny and he was very lucky to have such loving "parents." It sounds like he was a real blessing to both you and your husband. Pets can just capture our hearts -- much like a child.

Please take care. Perhaps, with a little time, you might consider adopting again. You obviously have a huge heart!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Liz, my heart goes out to you,I too lost a little doxie to a brain tumor that we had for 16 years.We did not do well without him,and yes it is like you have lost a family member.My husband and son didn't eat and we cried all the time.As Kim said you need to let yourself grieve,you will always have your memories to cherish. We only lasted 3 weeks before we had to get another,we all needed something to hold and care for and it really kept us busy.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I am so sorry for your loss. Grieving is essential for you right now and to acknowledge that loss in your family and life.
Hang in there and know you have a lot of support here. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Manslayerliz,

I'm so sorry about your loss! About 2 months ago my family had to put our beloved dog Sadie to sleep.

My mom felt the same way you do. Her life revolved around Sadie. Each day that has gone by it get's easier for her. We treasure the memories we had together. Even though she is gone, she is still very much alive in our hearts.

My mom kept thinking of what she could have done for Sadie, but it was just her time to go.

When Sadie pasted away I printed out the Rainbow Bridge poem and shared it with my family. It helped us get through our grief.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure Forest is thankful he had such a wonderful mom! Here is the poem...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Liz & Joe,

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news of your little 'Forest'. I feel as if I knew him from all you've shared here with us, and for sure he got under my skin each time you shared pictures and told of his antics. I'm just so sorry Liz, and know how your heart is breaking.

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

cg - 1995

BIG hugs and lots of love
Kathy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Liz, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sorry, no words of wisdom. This is one of the hardest things to go through. Just sending you big hugs. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Liz,

I just got totally teary eyed when looking at your pics...I am so sorry. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I had to put 3 cats to sleep in 18 months, and it was hard. However, losing the love of my life "Spottarini" Sarducci (aka Spot..a rescue cat with a mangled stub tail, a too small head, and a HUGE personality) just broke my heart. I cried for weeks, and still thought I saw him from time to time (on a chair, but it was really a white tshirt, etc.)...it was ongoing torture for me, and I have never had a pet death impact me in that manner.

I finally broke down and decided to get another kitten...in NO way was it a replacement, because I STILL think about Spot years later. But it did allow me to be distracted enough by a new happy kitten to move on. I would do the same thing in a heart beat again (which may be why I have 6 cats, lol).

A little boy in my neighborhood who is very religious asked me why God lets our pets that we love die and live such short lives. I told him that it was because it was his way of teaching us about how short life really is, AND that he wanted us to be able to enjoy the happiness of having a new pet all over again. Love, Loss, and Love all over again.

While I am not religious, I do think that when the time is right, a new addition can help you move on when you are ready.

((MEGA hugs)) to you and your husband.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Liz,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Forest.
May you take some comfort in the knowledge that you provided so much loving care for him in his lifetime.
In time it will help to get another pet...there are so many that need your compassionate heart. Much love & a big hug!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
So very sorry for your loss and bunnies are so sweet and cute. It isn't hard to imagine how we can be so very attached to our pets, they are so dependent on us and in so many ways we are dependent on them. I see them as special gifts from heaven to help us deal with all the craziness that comes into our lives. For those of us that love and are devoted to our pets maybe we are created with lots of love for the special pets that will come into our lives. We can never replace a special pet, nor should we try, but perhaps our capacity to be connected to animals can only be complete by continuously having animals in our lives. Although I love my children, husband, and grandchildren.....there is a special place that only my animals can fill. So as you are able to move on with your loss of Forest, know that there is another one out there needing the love that you can give. It will not be a replacement, but because of the love and memory of Forest you will be able to again love and care for the next fur baby that comes your way. Take care , Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry, Liz. I remember enjoying seeing photos of lovely Forest that you posted in the past and reading about him. Big hug from me.
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Liz,

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said here. I'm so sorry for the pain you are feeling right now. Know that you were an angel sent to shelter and care for this precious bunny. I'm sure he knew your love for him and felt safe in your arms.

Praying God will comfort you at this time. I know it's too soon, but perhaps someday you will feel the tug at your heart to bring another furbaby into your home. God Bless!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz - so very, very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Forest. Losing a pet is truly horrible. When our last cat died, I thought my heart was going to break - and I swore I would never again have another pet because I just couldn't stand the emotional trauma when something happens to them. But then I missed all the furry cuddles so got a little dog who is now the light of my life.

There's nothing I can say to help you through the grieving process - but you will eventually start to feel better, it just takes time. Please take comfort in the fact that you gave Forest all the love and care that you could to give him a happy life - and in return he gave you allot of joy. I'll be thinking of you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments and words of encouragement. It's comforting to hear from other people who have lived through this kind of heartbreak. My husband and I are hanging in there and just trying to take it one day at a time...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments and words of encouragement. It's comforting to hear from other people who have lived through this kind of heartbreak. My husband and I are hanging in there and just trying to take it one day at a time...

Hi Liz,
It will get better, I promise.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |