Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best Skin Care Program for Teenage Boy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I have a 12 year old son, he is hitting puberty big time!! growing like a tree..lol

I have noticed he is starting to get some pimples, just small at the moment, but I can see he need's to start something as I really don't want it to get worse.
I know pimples can be expected, just wanted to start him off on some nice simple skincare that isn't going to do more harm than good.

I love skincare, but pimples aren't my 'expertise'...lol, my problem is ageing!! anyway thats a whole other story!

any recommendations would be appreciated..thanks
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have a 14 year old. I am willing to buy him anything but I am not sure he will actually use it!

He goes to a friends house and decides to stay over. (With permission of course.) I will ask him if he wants me to bring him anything and he says no. I can not immagine going to stay over and not bringing anything!

He cleanses his face with Clearasil cleansing pads with 2% bha. (Stridex are also highly rated but not available in Canada). He has a couple of different face washes to use in the shower such as a Clearasil foaming wash and Avene cleansing gel for acne.

I also have him using AHA gel first (Paula Choice 8% AHA gel) then a 5% BP product (Persea Gel from Clean & Clear).

I would get him to clean his face on a regular basis. The wipes are probably easier. Acne.org suggests AHA then BP for treatment.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a 12 year old son, he is hitting puberty big time!! growing like a tree..lol

I have noticed he is starting to get some pimples, just small at the moment, but I can see he need's to start something as I really don't want it to get worse.
I know pimples can be expected, just wanted to start him off on some nice simple skincare that isn't going to do more harm than good.

I love skincare, but pimples aren't my 'expertise'...lol, my problem is ageing!! anyway thats a whole other story!

any recommendations would be appreciated..thanks

I personally had great success with Proactiv.

In lieu of buying the whole kit (which he probably won't use anyway), you could try buying just the Proactiv benzoyl peroxide piece from Amazon or ebay (check the expiration date!) and partner that with the Stridex salicylic acid pads.

You could also look at the Neutrogena Acne kits...their products are some of the most potent available in a drugstore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
My son would not wash his face so to speak. He would only use those pad type things. The best and quickest thing that helped his pimples were the Glycolix pads. I started him with the 10% pads and most of his pimples cleared right up.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
My son would not wash his face so to speak. He would only use those pad type things. The best and quickest thing that helped his pimples were the Glycolix pads. I started him with the 10% pads and most of his pimples cleared right up.

I was really lucky mine not only used the pads but an acne wash, toner and acne medicated moisturizer. I also managed to get him to use masks. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the Proactiv kits for my son and they really cleared his skin. He was pretty good at using all the products. I used a permanent marker to number them so he would remember what order to use them in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the advice.. Very Happy

I really don't think he will use a full on program at the moment!

I think the wipes would be the go for the moment, what exactly are the 'glycolix pads'?
I did look for the Clearasil ones today but they didn't have them!

they had nivea ones, simple, and nuetragena?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:

I think the wipes would be the go for the moment, what exactly are the 'glycolix pads'?

That was my problem, Bermie. My son would not use all those products on his skin. Here is a link to the Glycolix pads.

http://skincarerx.com/Glycolix-Elite-Treatment-Pads-10%25.html
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Another that is easy to get them to use is Burt Bees spot treatment, it drys clear and really helps zap the zits. Smile Along with using the pads Riley linked to. Smile

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/face-acne/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:

Bermie: where are you located? I suggested the Clearasil ones as they are easy to find in my area (Ontario, Canada) and easy to use.

I would look for something with either AHA or BHA to exfoliate and clean.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I was really lucky mine not only used the pads but an acne wash, toner and acne medicated moisturizer. I also managed to get him to use masks. Smile

How did you get your son to use a mask?!!!

My son was cleansing then using AHA gel; then the BP but only for a while. It worked rather quickly for him but once it cleared up, he went back to his old ways of just cleansing.
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:07 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the replies.. Smile

I couldn't get the clearasil wipes or the Glycolix ones, but I did get some very similiar ones today from the chemist,

He used them tonight, think they're called Oxy pads, they seemed to do the job, nice and easy, no stinging, so at least its easy for him!!

we see how he goes!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
thanks for the replies.. Smile

I couldn't get the clearasil wipes or the Glycolix ones, but I did get some very similiar ones today from the chemist,

He used them tonight, think they're called Oxy pads, they seemed to do the job, nice and easy, no stinging, so at least its easy for him!!

we see how he goes!

The Oxy pads do have good ratings on MUA also. I hope it works out.
Rene Greenwald

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
That's extremely thoughtful of you! My son (a bit older) has a little bit of acne. He was heavily into sports (Football, Lacrosse, Etc.) and started breaking out more and more. We went to a dermatologist and he suggested that my son wash his face with a simple face wash (with salicylic acid) BEFORE exercising. It was a great tip and my son gets fewer breakouts now.

Hope that helps!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995,

How I got my son to use a mask? Like I said I was lucky he hated having his skin break out so whatever I bought that helped he used with no problems. It helped that we never laughed when he had it on! Smile

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |