Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Bad reaction to Prevage!!! Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
PickadillyDo
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Jeepers.. I guess My skin can't handle Prevage.. Yesterday I started getting a little rash around my eyes after using Prevage for 6 days.. I put some hydrocortisone cream on it when I went to bed and I woke up this morning and my eyes are so swollen and the skin around them is very very red.. I look like I have been beat up!! What should I do?.. I can't get to the doctors til Monday.. Why would this happen 7 days after starting it? My sons birthday party is Sunday and we have to go to the movies and McDonalds and I don't want to go out of the house looking like this!! UGH!!!
Tia,
Jamie

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh no Jamie Sad

If it is an Allergic reaction you could try taking Benadril (spelling). It certainly won't hurt just could make you tired. My daughter had a reaction to Collagen injections in her lips. They swelled up to a point it was scary. When she took the Benadril (doctor advice) the swelling went down. Just a thought. Benadril also makes a topical.

Good luck.
PickadillyDo
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks.. Ill give that a try!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I second the Benadryl! It's the only thing that helped my horrible heat rash in Mexico!

You may also want to make a paste with some oatmeal and apply like a mask. Those aveeno oatmeal baths are amazing for the body, so I make some oatmeal, let it cool and apply to my face when I have bad reactions. Works really well for the stinging/burning...and helps the puffiness a bit too!
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! sorry to read this! this prevage makes me nervous, when one company first came out with it they had to pull a whole batch due to a few having reactions to it! Who did purchase from? curious? forgot the name so thought it might trigger it by reading your purchase. Shock

5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I got it from lovelyskin.com Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
YIKES - that's terrible! I feel for you!!! Shock - Thanks so much for sharing this with us - this is an important review...I have been dying to get my hands on prevage...it's important to hear that it isn't the "end all, be all" for everyone! I hope the Benadryl works and that you end up going to the party!!
Take care
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
YIKES! I agree with the benadryl. Give it a try and see if it works. Other than that I wouldn't put anything else on it, and especially not hydrocortizone. I'd go more for cool compresses and just wash with water. If the benadryl doesn't help you should deinitely go to the doctor. Also, you need to contact the manufacturer - they need to know about this!
Hope it all turns out OK.
Allicsirp
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
What do you think is causing the rash? Someone here said there was a batch recalled? Could it be just a faulty batch of Prevage. I was thinking about ordering this, but this is pretty scary. I have been using the IceCream by Freeze 24/7 for about a week and I use it under my eyes. So far, so good. I wonder if it is the Idebenone causing your allergy? Let us know how things go for you. This is disturbing. I hope you are all better for the birthday party!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand why anybody would want to use this. I don't believe there was that much research on the product; it was brought out too quickly. Sorry to hear about your rash and I hope you get your money back.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:10 am      Reply with quote
PickadillyDo wrote:
Jeepers.. I guess My skin can't handle Prevage.. Yesterday I started getting a little rash around my eyes after using Prevage for 6 days.. I put some hydrocortisone cream on it when I went to bed and I woke up this morning and my eyes are so swollen and the skin around them is very very red.. I look like I have been beat up!! What should I do?.. I can't get to the doctors til Monday.. Why would this happen 7 days after starting it? My sons birthday party is Sunday and we have to go to the movies and McDonalds and I don't want to go out of the house looking like this!! UGH!!!
Tia,
Jamie

Sorry to hear about your reaction. I hope you stopped using it immediately and called your doc. I started using Prevage a few days before you and I haven't had anything happen one way or the other. I have to admit there were a couple of days that I forgot to use it twice. I also only use the cream on the edge of the bone surrounding the eye area. I purchased it from lovelyskin.com too so maybe we might even be using the same batch.

You might just be allergic to something in it. Honestly I've been watching my skin closely and haven't seen any changes good or bad.

-Cheri
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have extremely sensitive skin that reacts to most products. I have been using Prevage for about a week and a half 2x a day and have no problem at all. I also bought from lovelyskin.
ryanscarola

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Again, I work for Elizabeth Arden. A reaction to Prevage is not treated with Benadryl. It is not technically a hystamine-based allergy (like your sinuses).

Instead, get some Neutrogena Oil-Free Astringent and apply that ONCE A DAY around the effected area. That has Witch Hazel in it (which reduces redness), and Salicylic Acid (which makes acne-like break out calm down).

Sorry!

RS
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I bet she's over the rash by now!
I used for about a week with that same reaction and took it back to my med/spa and got my money back. I did a review on it waaaayyyyyyy back then.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Purchased Prevage in December 08 from an Elizabeth Arden counter. Used for several weeks without problem and actually liked the result. One day started developing itchy rashy face that took a few weeks to clear up. During the healing phase of dry blotchy skin a gal at the Clinique counter saw me and recommended I try their Redness Solutions line. Even though the worst of the problem was clearing up the Clinique stuff really helped. I wasn't sure what caused the problem in the first place but didn't figure on the Prevage since it hadn't bothered me up until then. This week (June 09)I decided to try it again and applied a thin layer of it one night before bed and woke up with the most catastrophic looking sunburn imaginable. Obviously that was what I reacted to last time, but this time it is hugely worse. I am taking oral Benadryl for itching and swelling and using Clinique Redness Solutions cleanser and cream - they are really helping immensely. This Prevage is scary stuff.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:36 am      Reply with quote
so sorry for you. I used the over the counter version with no bad reactions but no real positive results either. I'd call their head office for advice...and the post from the Elizabeth Arden staff person sounded good. The saleswoman I had said it can cause milia around the eyes if you apply it too closely to the eye area. I had a similar reaction to another brand (like what Loray, the poster, had)and just rinsed with water and my fingers and put on a very basic moisturizer and it calmed down in several days. I also have used the Clinique Redness Solutions and it does help in general.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Prevage + Genifique lancome, I am 46 years old.. had deep wrinkles around the mouth.. laugh wrinkles (?) I have had them filled with Juderma in the past. I used Prevage recommended by the Lancome girl for my dark spots, they are stubborn at the moment. I have been using both products for 2-3 weeks day and night. It never occurred to me to look at the mirror to take a closer look to see if the problem was geting better, just a quick look and saw no change in my dark spots.. Today.. for some reason and accidentally I looked at my face and saw that those deep wrinkles are fading away!!! I just could not believe my eyes that something actually works. The girl who sold me both things had a lovely skin and told me she used both. I have to go to see her and thank her so much, although my dark spots are not getting better fast enough.
Susie Preston

Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I used Prevage without incident for over two weeks. One day, after exposure to the sun, my chest broke out in blisters. Extremely itchy and red. I continued to use on my face as I hadn't had any problems with a reaction on my face. I went out into the sun without sunscreen on my face and the next morning my eyes were swollen almost shut. My entire face was swollen and red with small blisters all over. It has been over two weeks and my face and chest are starting to recover. My face is so dry that it hurts to smile. I have been moisturizing it continually. I think there must be some chemical reaction that occurs with this product and exposure to the sun. Whatever it is, my experience has been a nightmare. I can't believe that this product is still on the market and that some class action suit has not been brought against Elizabeth Arden over this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I don't dare to try Prevage, 'cause I personally think it's too strong. Now I think my decision is right~
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
And yet I know women that have used it and have had such good results from it. I wish I had!
I noticed that my derms office and their med/spa no longer push it. After asking why they said they had too many returns (just like me!!). They said that the amount of bad reactions did not justify it. At the time they also recommended easing into it every few days, sort of like retin-A.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
This Prevage is scary stuff. OMG, I need return the goods. Bought this afternoon, not used yet...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
You might be one of those people that do not have a negative reaction to it. I just have very sensitive skin.
I have also heard a lot of stories from those that have used it successfully and it did what it claimed to do. Again just like retin-A. I can't use it, get bad reactions, but there are so, so many who can tolerate it.
I would just monitor it closely for a weeks and see how your skin reacts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Prevage is a verrry strange product. I used it twice a day for over a year and then one day out of nowhere broke out in an itchy rash along my jaw. I discontinued then reapplied hoping I would be able to continue to use it--it did seem to brighten my skin every so slightly-- and made the rash worse. It took two months of Clarisonicing it and putting hydrocortisone cream on to get rid of it. I was tempted to put it on this weekend, really must get rid of but no, never again!!
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
What a strange product indeed. I decided I'd put some on the other night just to see if it would cause a rash and it didn't. 24 hours later my skin is fine. Question From what I've noticed it does seem to brighten my skin slightly. After this I'm switching to diy vitamin C serum.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |