Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

?'s about teas
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Totter
5% products discount

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
What kind of tea do most of you drink and how much a day?

Is there a certain brand of tea that is better than the others?

Do you add anything to your tea?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Mainly just a good brand of organic green tea, sometimes white tea, but there isn't really much difference in antioxidants between the 2. No sweetener and a slice of lemon, lime or orange. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:24 am      Reply with quote
powdered japanese green tea, TWG & Gryphon Tea blends Very Happy
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:45 am      Reply with quote
2 cups of Green tea per day, sometimes 3. I also like Green tea with Yasmin, it“s really yummy.
I started to drink a cup or two of oolong lately. It“s good for your cholestero, has got less cafeine than green tea and its level of oxidants is something between black and green tea. The flavour is also milder than green tea.

I love teas Smile
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Oolong (leaf) tea (no sachets), sometimes with milk, 3-4 big cups a day, on weekends even more,
fromwww.teapalace.co.uk andwww.mariagefreres.com
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I've been drinking some organic white teas that I bought through Amazon.com. I also like Starbucks Blueberry White Tea. It's yummy.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I drink green and black tea daily, occasionally white. Iced with just some added lemon.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I drink any green tea daily. Occasionally I will buy a pot of Macha Tea.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I switched to tea a year or so ago. I like green and white - usually loose teas. I buy a variety, so I change it up daily. I will mix in a black once in a while too. And I really like the flavored green and whites - esp with pear. I add a little Stevia for a sweetener - but most of the white or green need no extra sweetness added.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I drink green tea maybe 2-3 mugs a day. I was also in to Chai tea, had to force myself to not buy coz I was having too much sugar with it. I currently have green tea with jasmin and green tea with japanese tea. The best japanese tea I had was when flying Japan Airlines! I can't seem to find that same taste from the ones at the store.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big tea drinker and drink it constantly throughout the day (always on its own-- I don't like adding sweetener to my tea...).

My latest obsession is with the strawberry pu-erh sold by Teavana:
http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Black-Teas/Strawberry-Slender-Pu-Erh-Tea.axd

There's something almost magical in how relaxing it is. I brew a big pitcher of it every morning and drink a cup of it hot, then put the rest of the pitcher in the fridge and drink it iced throughout the day. It's just lovely stuff and it makes my whole kitchen smell like strawberries when I brew it.

When I'm drinking tea late at night and want to avoid caffeine I usually stick to red teas. This Caramel Apple Rooibos from Republic of Tea is particularly nice:
http://www.republicoftea.com/templates/detail.asp?navID=2267

I also like their Get Clean detox tea which is also caffeine free. It has a nice almond flavor and tastes good both hot or iced:
http://www.republicoftea.com/templates/detail.asp?navID=1562

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you manslayerliz (is there a story behind your name?)! I have my little tea cupboard and make pots and pots of different herbal teas all day. I have all the pots and cool tea balls.

My latest fav in the morning is Jasmine green tea, and I also mix up white and green, sometimes pomegranate white.

During the day I avoid caffeine so I drink ginger and rooibos (African Bush tea) which is probably #1 fav right now. I bought a pound of it online for $18 and it's lasted a long time. Starbucks actually has vanilla rooibos which I love too. (I actually carry tea with me because it's a mystery but most places don't have good tea, what is wrong with them????????????)

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I go for organic teas mostly. I order organic green tea straight from japan.

google : hibiki-an tea

They also have a slew of other nice green teas that are cultivated to very precise and exact japanese standards. Worth checking out.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Although I like fancy powdered green teas I have to say in the morning my favorite is the relatively inexpensive Bigalow Jasmine Green. I love the flavor and it is easy. I also like the sealed foil packages because it is kept fresh even when dd roots through my tea drawer and doesn't put things back. I also like the Stash green and white tea and "Republic of Tea" Blackberry Sage. Tea can be expensive and does go bad if not completely sealed. I like variety so that is a problem.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
1-3 cups of green tea a day. Also like a tea called kukicha:

http://www.brighthub.com/health/alternative-medicine/articles/42709.aspx
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Gretchen thanks I'm looking for another tea. I don't really like red teas like all the celestial seasonings zinger kinds, ugh......I prefer orange, yellow, green and white. So I'm going to check out the kukicha.........no caffeine it says so maybe it'll be another fav!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have all kinds of teas!

But recently ordered some 'sample" size fromwww.pu-erhtea.com
Shipping is 3 weeks to Canada.

I really liked the Jasmine dragon pearl tea, and yunnan golden tips.
Also the silver tips? "white" tea (which is reaally a green tea I found out).

The seller has a ebay store but no samples on there.
He seems quite honest in my 4 transactions so far.

I also reordered a lychee black tea and bought some from 2 other places to compare quality.
The one from pu-erhtea.com was the freshest.

And the one from Tea Cuppa company was t he lousiest "tea water" kind of taste..or no taste and pale ta bits also..and cost 5x more.

The pu erh tea co they do not really sell lychee blacktea,so I had to order a 500 gram bag (but was only $15,locally it is almost $100).

The seller lives in t he area tea is produced in and is very knoledgeable.
Sample size is 100 grams,and min quantity for buying one tea is by the 100 or 250 grams, not really sure.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:
Gretchen thanks I'm looking for another tea. I don't really like red teas like all the celestial seasonings zinger kinds, ugh......I prefer orange, yellow, green and white. So I'm going to check out the kukicha.........no caffeine it says so maybe it'll be another fav!

For Japanese tea Jen Mai cha is good and tasted rice tasting.
the restaurant i buy japanese snacks from they serve that now, so I get some free whenever I want Smile

Hojicha supposedly has more cafeine as the tea twigs are roasted.
Kukicha is the green version of that? I have both in my kitchen and they are both good.

From Pu erh tea the Girl Ring green tea is nice and light tasting.

I actually gave some to people for chrismas gifts in tins I bought.
Thatkind is hard to find a very expensive in north america.
The tea leaves are all hand rolled into little hoops and the leaves uncurl in your cup!
it is really cool for guests too!

http://www.pu-erhtea.com/GreenTea.htm

I thinkit costs $25 or $29 for 50 grams? I totally forget.
But if you want some interesting info and pics of Yunnan,China check the website I posted.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |