Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Roller from owndoc arrived as did TCA 18% peel. Plan on
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
spence
5% products discount

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
doing the peel this weekend.

Would you wait several weeks to do the roller? I haven't rolled since October. This new roller from owndoc seems better than the other one I owned. I could literally hear the needles entering the skin w/my other roller. This one seems to have finer needles.

Does anyone here roll and occasionally do a TCA peel? Thoughts? Thanks so much.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
spence wrote:

Would you wait several weeks to do the roller? I haven't rolled since October. This new roller from owndoc seems better than the other one I owned. I could literally hear the needles entering the skin w/my other roller. This one seems to have finer needles.

I am using a single needle or the .2 mm dermastamp right now. I also do TCA peels. I am no expert here, but I would wait a few weeks until your skin is healed. Possibly even a month. Remember that your skin is still improving after the peel.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
spence wrote:

I am using a single needle or the .2 mm dermastamp right now. I also do TCA peels. I am no expert here, but I would wait a few weeks until your skin is healed. Possibly even a month. Remember that your skin is still improving after the peel.

I would recommend waiting at least a month...if you overdo it, you'll end up with Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH).

And whatever you do, please do NOT try rolling in the TCA. That was already tried some time ago with bad results!

5% products discount

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
riley- I may just experience with the single needle. I hadn't heard of that until I came here.

bethany- def. won't roll into the acid. rolling last year took care of 2 brown spots on my cheek, but it seems like it left more marks sort of a small version of PIH on my forhead.

sort of conflicted about rolling. below my eyebrows, it did wonders.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
spence wrote:
rolling last year took care of 2 brown spots on my cheek, but it seems like it left more marks sort of a small version of PIH on my forhead.

sort of conflicted about rolling. below my eyebrows, it did wonders.

I found that I had pretty much zero results rolling my forehead, and don't plan on rolling it again. It hurt too much to get no benefit! I won't do my neck again either.

Are the marks that were left track marks from the roller scraping as you rolled?

Regardless, if you have a propensity for PIH (zits leave brown marks for months, etc.) then you definitely want to space out any kind of skin trauma as much as possible (like 3 months minimum). And once you get through at least 7 days post-roll, you could consider using a salicylic acid toner (1-2% max) to help prevent PIH. (you would not want to use it any sooner, or you will negate the beneficial inflammation that is required to regenerate collagen).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
spence wrote:
riley- I may just experience with the single needle. I hadn't heard of that until I came here.

I just got into the single needles myself, Spence! Good luck if you try it. I used it on my 11's with no numbing and it didn't hurt at all and the needle from owndoc went all the way in. The next 2 days that area was Really sore though!! My lip lines, I was wimpy as it really hurt there with no numbing. In 2 weeks when I do it again, I will use the numbing cream!
spence
5% products discount

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
darned these 5 day posts as new members Mad

bethany- I do feel the marks were left from scraping. On my forhead, I could hear the needles going in and out of the skin. I've used tret.

riley- I have to say, the single needle is starting to appeal to me more than the whole roller. I can spot treat 1 thing at a time and see how it goes. New freckle on upper lip appeared after beach last summer. Even with biodmerma spf 50 spot. sweated through it.

Thinking out loud here. But sort of thinking twice about the full roller. It may just not be for me. I like the thought of what it should do. But not really sure my skin is cut out for it.

Thanks both of you. This board is such a bad * spam alert *. But in a good way.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:52 am      Reply with quote
spence, maybe you could do the single needle like once a month, and then a deep roll once every 3-6 months? I like the single needle, as well, as I like to be able to treat the individual wrinkles! Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |