Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Anyone Here Used a Dermastamp???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone:

Just curious if anyone here has used a dermastamp on their skin, and what if any, results you may have achieved???

I am thinking thAT the dermastamp may work better than a dermaroller, only because there is little chance of needles bending like a dermaroller can.

I have read seveal people say that the dermaroller also can leave 'trackmarks' on the skin, so thats a slight worry for me. I was thinking the dermastamp may eliminate this issue, as its a straight up and down stamping, rather than a rolling at an angle.

so if anyone could recommend a good quality dermastamp that you may have tried, I would appreciate it.

Getting really excited to try the dermastamp and see how much improvement I can get! Just gotta find a good one to order now though!

Best Wishes,

Storke
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I have one that I bought from Nova and have just started using it again. I like it better than the roller, as I know with the stamp I am getting the needles all the way in, where as with the roller I don't think I press hard enough.
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree. I think the dermastamp would be very effective.

What length needles is your dermastamp, and how much did it cost you?

TIA !

Storke
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
Yes, I agree. I think the dermastamp would be very effective.

What length needles is your dermastamp, and how much did it cost you?

TIA !

Storke

Storke, here is the site where I purchased mine.

http://www.dermarollers.com/stamp.html
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that link!

I have been eyeing that nova dermastamp for a while, and wishing that they made it in a 1.5mm one! that would have been perfect!

The research that I have done says that one needs a 1.5mm to remove acne scarring, but that is with a dermaroller.

I am considering buying the novaderm stamp, but its only got a needle length of 0.8mm. Do u think this will work or not to remove scarring??

TIA!

Storke
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
The .8mm is a good starting point but is a borderline length for collagen generation (which is required to fill in the scars).

1.0mm is better, but sometimes acne scars need longer lengths to break up scar tissue that might be tethering the skin down. The stamp below comes in .8mm and 1.8mm, and is very similar to the Nova stamp. It appears to have slightly less needles than the Nova stamp (I think 117 vs 140), but is longer and far less expensive. The stamp head size also seems to be very similar in mesurements.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280457880589&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Note:
- Copy and paste link into your browser...the EDS redirect does not work for ebay
- If you still can't pull it up, go to ebay.com and then paste this item number into the search bar: 280457880589

I am going to purchase one of these for my 11's and crows feet. I'll probably stick with the .8mm since I think 1.8mm is definite overkill since I don't have acne scars. I also have a Nova stamp around somewhere and then I can compare the 2 in person (once I find the Nova one! Very Happy )

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ya Beth!

I just had a thought. (yeh, I know. another one! lol)

If I purchase this 1.8mm, because it is longer than the 1.5mm which is required to break up scarring, then maybe with the 1.8mm, I just don't put alot of pressure on the dermastamp.

do you think that would work? i just don't want to over traumatise my skin with a longer needle length. Although 1.8mm, do u think cos its only a little bit longer than a 1.5mm, that I shouldn't worry about that???

Thanks again,

Storke
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add, Beth

I finally got the ebay link to work! yay!! Smile Thanks for your instructions on that one.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany - As I know you have a whole bunch of
expertise in this area, wanted to ask a couple things --
--Will the dermastamp help with under eye wrinkles and crows feet (the .8mm length)??

--Also have wrinkly skin on the front of my neck only as I can't use the LED there - will the dermastamp help with the wrinkly neck skin
(the .8mm length) as well?

Your advice is very much appreicated! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
Hi ya Beth!

I just had a thought. (yeh, I know. another one! lol)

If I purchase this 1.8mm, because it is longer than the 1.5mm which is required to break up scarring, then maybe with the 1.8mm, I just don't put alot of pressure on the dermastamp.

do you think that would work? i just don't want to over traumatise my skin with a longer needle length. Although 1.8mm, do u think cos its only a little bit longer than a 1.5mm, that I shouldn't worry about that???

Thanks again,

Storke

The "trauma" is what actually causes the scar to fill in...the resulting inflammation kicks off the wound healing cascade, which then causes collagen to develop and fill in the scar.

While I am not a fan of going longer than necessary from a needle length, I think you will find that a difference of .3mm is VERY small and you shouldn't worry about it.

What you DO need to worry about is disinfecting before and after using the dermastamp...the risk of infection is MUCH greater when using longer needles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi Bethany - As I know you have a whole bunch of
expertise in this area, wanted to ask a couple things --
--Will the dermastamp help with under eye wrinkles and crows feet (the .8mm length)??

It should...that is the length I am planning to buy as well.

However, I am going to also use a 1.0mm 3Line to more easily do a larger area since the head of the dermastamp is VERY small (think postage stamp size). I will roll the whole area, and stamp the specific lines where they are worst.

DiPhx wrote:
--Also have wrinkly skin on the front of my neck only as I can't use the LED there - will the dermastamp help with the wrinkly neck skin
(the .8mm length) as well?

Your advice is very much appreicated! DiPhx

I think the dermastamp is WAY too small to be used on the neck, and I really didn't see any results anyway after I rolled my entire a number of times. Crying or Very sad

What I DID see work was the STOP....I could see and feel a definite tightening of the skin on my neck after doing a few treatments.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
***However, I am going to also use a 1.0mm 3Line to more easily do a larger area since the head of the dermastamp is VERY small (think postage stamp size). I will roll the whole area, and stamp the specific lines where they are worst. ***

Which brand 1.0mm 3line are you going to order???

TIA

Storke
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Why do the dermastamp needles come in different lengths for the dermarollers?

What do you think of this dermastamp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Derma-Micro-Needle-Stamp-1-5mm-Scars-Acne-Pits-Wrinkles_W0QQitemZ330422168699QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item4ceeb22c7b

Does the diameter of the needles matter?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
***However, I am going to also use a 1.0mm 3Line to more easily do a larger area since the head of the dermastamp is VERY small (think postage stamp size). I will roll the whole area, and stamp the specific lines where they are worst. ***

Which brand 1.0mm 3line are you going to order???

TIA

Storke

Dr. Roller of course!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Why do the dermastamp needles come in different lengths for the dermarollers?

What do you think of this dermastamp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Derma-Micro-Needle-Stamp-1-5mm-Scars-Acne-Pits-Wrinkles_W0QQitemZ330422168699QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item4ceeb22c7b

Does the diameter of the needles matter?

They are all made by different manufactures, and they can choose to make whatever theor biggest buyers ask for. And my guesstimate is that needles that are too thin will not cause as much "trauma."

I looked at that purple stamp and ruled it out for a few reasons:

- I emailed the seller and asked for measurements of the stamp head...no reply at all Rolling Eyes

- It only has 80 needles, and you want the needles to be as dense as possible or it defeats the purpose (the other 2 models have 117 and 140 needles)

- I didn't see any ridges on the handle near the stamp head to help with a better grip...higher quality models have that.

- For all those reasons AND the fact that it is so cheap, I was concerned about the overall quality.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried this yet. But could you just hold the roller and use it as a stamp Question
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Also, I posted this question on the LED thread, but might ask here as well.

I want to use the LED along with Vit A + Vit C the first few days after doing a deep roll.
But I'm not sure how long Vit A stays in the skin for, and how long I should wait after using it to then use the LED. I'm assuming 12 hours, but just want to be sure.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
I haven't tried this yet. But could you just hold the roller and use it as a stamp Question

I would be afraid that the roller would "slip" as you were pressing the needles in, which could cause some major scratching of the skin?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Also, I posted this question on the LED thread, but might ask here as well.

I want to use the LED along with Vit A + Vit C the first few days after doing a deep roll.
But I'm not sure how long Vit A stays in the skin for, and how long I should wait after using it to then use the LED. I'm assuming 12 hours, but just want to be sure.

The purpose of doing a deep roll is to stimulate inflammation...reading up on the wound healing cascade will confirm that. To the best of my knowledge as a former LED owner, LEDs reduce inflammation...so I don't understand why anyone would want to use one before 7-10 days after a roll. But that is my opinion based on my personal research...others are entitled to their own opinions, and I am not interested in debating it with anyone. Very Happy

As far as the Vit A...anyone who is rolling needs to be treating their skin daily with A and C both long before and long after a roll...you want to keep plentiful levels there to encourage strong collagen growth. This is key to getting the best results.

I'm planning a roll in June, so I started my pre-treatment plan in March since I had not been using my topicals regularly. After the roll, I will treat with topicals daily (well, 6 days a week) for a minimum of 4 months.

All that pre-work means that I can't roll on a whim, but I choose to copy what the experts do, because it has gotten me major results in the past (as in no more crowsfeet and no more botox around my eyes)

But everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint and their own approach...I hope everyone has results no matter what plan they use, because rolling is too darn painful to not have results! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
neondaze wrote:

I would be afraid that the roller would "slip" as you were pressing the needles in, which could cause some major scratching of the skin?

OMG...I would NEVER try that. Shock Shock Shock

The possibility of tearing the skin is FAR too great, plus the needles are not dense enough. Anyone who has seen both a roller and a stamp know exactly what I am talking about.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys.
I read that someone on acne.org was using their roller to sometimes stamp areas. As I said haven't tried it myself. Haven't physically seen a dermastamp, so not too sure of the differences, and the pros and cons of each. I'm happy with the roller format personally.

Bethany - that's totally fine if you don't believe in using LEDs after a roll. I'm happy not to debate as well Very Happy
However I'm still not sure what the wait time might be, that is between applying Vit A and then safely using an LED.
Any thoughts?
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey Bethany - thx for the info on the dermastamp for both undereye/crowsfeet and neck.
may get the courage to try the dermastamp around the eyes. The neck is a different story and the STOP (which I've read about is way too
expensive) so will have to look for something else for the front of the neck. But if we can get one of those 2 areas taken care of, that's a
great start! Thx again for the info as if you have found rolling on the neck isn't that effective, I'll search for something else! The
closer you get to the 6th decade, the harder it gets! Thx for your expertise in this area!
DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Bethany - that's totally fine if you don't believe in using LEDs after a roll. I'm happy not to debate as well Very Happy
However I'm still not sure what the wait time might be, that is between applying Vit A and then safely using an LED.
Any thoughts?

Neon, I would ask an LED expert like Kassy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany.
Good luck with your roll in June.
I found applying quite a thick layer of EMLA worked best. And only wiping it off in sections (+ taking off only those bits of the plastic wrap) just before you're ready helps. Once you've removed the EMLA the skin seems to quite quickly loose numbness.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Thanks Bethany.
Good luck with your roll in June.
I found applying quite a thick layer of EMLA worked best. And only wiping it off in sections (+ taking off only those bits of the plastic wrap) just before you're ready helps. Once you've removed the EMLA the skin seems to quite quickly loose numbness.

It does quickly lose numbness, unfortunately. I use Climax Spray from alldaychemist after wiping off the numbing cream to help keep it numb for a bit longer.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |