Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
For better skin ... do you exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:30 am      Reply with quote
OK, I have to admit that I've been really lazy the last year or so. I used to work out a lot and it became part of the daily routine. However, between the relocation and travel, I have not worked out for a long while. It's really tough to pick up the habit again, and my friends always making fun of me by asking "Hm, I guess you are going to work out tomorrow, right?". Brick wall
Anyway, just try to gain some incentive here. wave
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I USED to workout at least 5 times a wk. I developed some major health issues (MS) 3 years ago. Since then I have had a lot of trouble getting into my routine again. Granted I can't workout like I used to but I just have to get into a routine, lord knows I have enough equipment. It makes me feel so much better when I'm done, and I think exercise keeps you looking young Very Happy .
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a firm believer in working out daily. I try to do at least 4 times a week and more when possible.

My husband and I both work from offices at home so when he's in town we start with a brisk walk/jog of about 2 miles. Back at the house, I add at least 20 minutes at my target heart rate and then do approximately 30 min. resistance training. Follow that by a 15 min. session on my Chi Exercisor to relax, balance chi, and helps me not be sore from workout.

When hubby's out of town, I tend to do 30 min. at target heart rate on the treadmill, followed by resistance training and chi exerciser.

Working out tones my muscles, helps keep the fat at bay, makes me feel better for doing something good about myself, curbs my appetite. Heard an MD say on tv this week that exercise also helps control excess foreign estrogens. Reason for that is that estrogen is stored in fat cells. As you reduce the number of fat cells, you minimize excess estrogen, which can cause cancer, so your workout is doing even more for you than your might have imagined!

Following this routine and low carb plan, I've reduced my body fat percentage by 25% in the past three months!

JUDY

Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I know I should Embarassed
Instead I'm tempted to get a Chi Exerciser. I know it's not a replacement but surely it has to be better than nothing! Angel
In the meantime, I *do* have a gym membership. But I think if I tried to go back to the gym now, after all this time, I'd need directions to even find my way to the building Laughing
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I know I should Embarassed
Instead I'm tempted to get a Chi Exerciser. I know it's not a replacement but surely it has to be better than nothing! Angel
In the meantime, I *do* have a gym membership. But I think if I tried to go back to the gym now, after all this time, I'd need directions to even find my way to the building Laughing

You're right Mabsy.... and I wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand the purpose of the Chi Exerciser. It does give aerobic benefit, but more from a health standpoint than weight loss. I do know a woman who lost a couple of dress sizes using it, but she used it 5 times a day for 15 min. each time. Most of us are not even going to be that disciplined or have that kind of free time.

I use the Chi Exerciser as I said to help me not be sore after a weight workout, to move lymph fluids (like massage does), and just to feel heavenly. You know how you feel right after a really good massage. Massage therapists are aware that you're like you've been drugged. That's why they tell you to lie there until you feel ready to get up and usually leave the room and give you about 5 min. When I finish a 15 min. session, I really don't want to get off the floor. I do a few stretches and then roll over on my side slowly and get up slowly. You're so relaxed that if you got up quickly, you can actually become dizzy. But, after you get up, you don't feel lathargic, you feel very energized.

Anyway, I wouldn't want anyone to think it can take the place of exercise and get the same result.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I love running and try to get out 5 times a week for about 45 minutes (pre baby it was for an hour but I'm pushing it going for 45 min as I have such little time). I like running so much b/c it gives me that great endorphin lift but I've heard running is bad for your skin- wrinkle wise because of the jarring. I just can't give it up though! My goal for the new year is to add some weight work outs back in- I haven't done weights since before my daughter was born- she's 2 now!!!
Honey

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I'm quite new here so just getting into the swing of things.

Maybe a team sport is the way to go - it may make it easier to get going again.

I recently started playing netball for a local team three times a week - they're not ultra competitive and I have had an absolute ball (unintentional pun! Embarassed).

I feel fantastic after an hour running around on the court and the best bit is that I don't really notice at the time that I am 'exercising'! Although now it's starting to get really cold here in the UK in the evenings I may reconsider .... or at least buy some gloves!

Forgot to add the most important bit - impact on the skin! Although I do have a certain glow about me when I leave the court (read red / purple in the face and panting!!) I have noticed that my skin is a bit better. It may just be as a result of the fresh air and general happiness I get ... but it's definitely noticable.

Honey x
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |