Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
This is My Beauty Plan - Anything you Would Add to it???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Dear All:

So i am finally embarking on my 'beauty plan' to eradicate acne scarring, and beautify my skin, after lots of hours of researching online etc etc.

This has been a long time in the works, but feel more confident now about this, and this is also thanks to Bethany.

This is my plan: (Thanks to Beth for being sooo very helpful and moving this forward for me!Smile Most informative and helpful person!

So I plan to first before I dermastamp my skin, take a vitamin regimen about 2weeks prior to the dermastamping/dermarolling.

1. Vit C tabs up to 3,000 mg per day
MSM
Zinc
Biotin

2. ordering a 1.0mm novadermastamp
AND
a 1.8mm dermastamp

3. 2 weeks prior to the dermastamping, applying terproline cream to my skin to prep it for the dermastamping.

4. POST DERMASTAMPING - Still will be applying the TERPROLINE cream. (I cannot use Vit A on my skin - allergic reaction)

IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WOULD CHANGE, CORRECT, OR ADD TO THIS BEAUTY PLAN????

If so, please feel free to comment.

Thanks Everyone!

Storke.
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Are you planning to only use terproline cream for skin care after dermastamping? Have you considered using Vitamin C serum both pre and post dermastamping -- perhaps Vit C in the mornings and terproline in the evenings? What about (gently) exfoliating your skin as part of your preparation -- either by using a microfiber, Clarisonic or even by dry brushing?

I also think it will be important to make sure that your daily water intake is sufficient and you should incorporate simple lymphatic massage into your programme -- hydration is important to skin and overall health and lymphatic massage would help eliminate toxins from your system. IMHO these minor tweaks would help ensure that you get the "biggest bang" out of your plan.

Good luck!!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
There is a lot of information on the dermarolling thread. I am sure you checked that also.

Besides the dermastamp, what else are you trying?

Cleanser, sunscreen, etc.?
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks merrylass!

my skin is ULTRA sensitive. I can't use products like AHA's or glycolic acid on it. It reacts poorly to these, so I try to steer clear of exfoliation.
Is exfoliating important to do before a skin treatment such as dermastamp/dermaroller? I think I would be able to use the microfiber that u mentioned though. that is a good idea!

I will definitely consider what u r recommending about using a vit c AND the terproline. will look at my health food store for a good vit c cream. I can't use vitamin A cream at all on my skin, but vitamin C (as long as its' non acidic is okay)

I know I used Cellex-C in the past and my skin reacted favourably to this, but that product is VERY expensive.

have u done the dermastamp or dermarolling?
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I do wear sunscreen, but I don't use cleanser. I actually find the less i use on my skin the better.

I find what helps the condition of my skin more is drinking a good amount of water, and also been taking EPO (evening primrose oil) and that sseems to be helping alot.

Storke
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
I do wear sunscreen, but I don't use cleanser. I actually find the less i use on my skin the better.

I find what helps the condition of my skin more is drinking a good amount of water, and also been taking EPO (evening primrose oil) and that sseems to be helping alot.

Storke

Storke,

Since you don't use a cleanser, do you use OCM as a cleansing method? If not what do you do to cleanse your face, if you don't mind? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
hi there!! Smile

I know this is a no-no, but i use soap. yeah, I know. soap. but it's a sorbolene esp. for the face.

don't get any irritation with that one.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
hi there!! Smile

I know this is a no-no, but i use soap. yeah, I know. soap. but it's a sorbolene esp. for the face.

don't get any irritation with that one.

Hi,

I use OCM, but sometimes use a cleanser after a mask ect. And I know many will freak at the high ph but I love the cool minty feel I wash face and body with Dr. Bronners Peppermint Oil Soap. It's a Castile liquid soap and I like the super clean feeling it gives. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:43 am      Reply with quote
What about supplements to help your body from inside out - like vit C, msm etc?
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Theresa

Yep, thats part of my plan.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I had serious acne in my late 20s-early 30s. I used a lot of microdermabrasion scrubs but if I could go back I would buy a Clarisonic. I'm using it now; can't say for sure what effect it has on scars, but it sure does make my skin smooth as well as is very relaxing.

I used an alpha lipoic acid serum from Paula's Choice for several years; Antioxidant Concentrate I think it is called. ALA is supposed to help acne scars. The last several years I used glycolic acid a lot. However now if I had scars I would use Retin A or copper peptides.

I've used MSM briefly but you have to be careful with it; it causes insomnia if taken at night. Take it in the morning.
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
Thanks merrylass!

my skin is ULTRA sensitive. I can't use products like AHA's or glycolic acid on it. It reacts poorly to these, so I try to steer clear of exfoliation.
Is exfoliating important to do before a skin treatment such as dermastamp/dermaroller? I think I would be able to use the microfiber that u mentioned though. that is a good idea!

I will definitely consider what u r recommending about using a vit c AND the terproline. will look at my health food store for a good vit c cream. I can't use vitamin A cream at all on my skin, but vitamin C (as long as its' non acidic is okay)

I know I used Cellex-C in the past and my skin reacted favourably to this, but that product is VERY expensive.

have u done the dermastamp or dermarolling?

Storke, I have sensitive, reactive skin (use prescription Clobex when my skin has an allergic reaction) with the occasional (monthly!) pimple. I've used Retin-A since 1971 (first few months looked horrid Crying or Very sad) and used Cellex-C when it first came out but it didn't do anything for my skin. I've used one of Kassy's DIY Vitamin C serums regularly in the past few months which has been much better (and cheaper!) than the Cellex-C products. Since my skin is so reactive, I have to SLOWLY incorporate new products/gadgets into my routine. I have the 0.5mm and the 1.5mm dermarollers but I've only used the 0.5mm twice so far for product penetration (I need to work up to using the 1.5mm!)

Unless you properly prepare your skin (think "clean canvas"), you won't get all the benefits of your skin treatments -- this is why hydration and exfoliation is critical to your success. If you use the microfiber (or other method) to exfoliate and cleanse your skin, then your skin treatments (including dermastamping) will be far more effective. As a reminder, PLEASE make sure you properly disinfect your dermastamp before and after use!
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Great info!

Will definitely remembr about cleaning and disinfecting.

There r sooo many choices.

I have been considering a new plan.

tell me what u or anyone else thinks of this

as I haven't found a good, quality dermastamp at 1.5mm (kinda don't feel comfortable ordering a 1.8mm, esp as I have never used a dermaroller/dermastamp on my skin)

I have thought, instead, of buying a dr roller 1.5mm, and a novadermstamp 0.8mm. trying out the 0.8mm first, to kinda toughen up my skin, and then graduate onto the 1.5mm. the thing is time is precious!!
if i use the 0.8mm, then i dont know how long i have to wait before graduating onto using the 1.5mm.

AND

I am only going to use the dermaroller on my forehead, where the majority of the acne scars are.
the reason I was going to go with just a dermastamp, was i had heard reports from some people, mostly on acne.org. of them using the dermaroller and getting 'trackmarks' on their skin from where they rolled, and also of needles bending and tearing up their skin somewhat.

so what do u guys think?
i am goign to see how my forehead heals up from the dermaroller, and if it looks favourable, will use a 1.5mm dermastamp on the rest of my skin, such as the cheek area.

Warm regards,

Storke
Maudlin

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I just wanted to add to your beauty plan (being a fellow acne sufferer), green smoothies are the number one thing that has improved my skin (and health) by leaps and bounds. I now have a pint of smoothie morning and evening and the improvement is quite incredible going from red, oily (yet also dry and scaly), broken-out to soft, smooth, clear with normalized oil production.

I have also tried the dermaroller which improved my red acne marks significantly, still working on the deeper scars.

Honestly, try and incorporate the smoothies into your plan, they are awesome! I really think that getting vitamins (such as those you listed) through food sources rather than supplements is much better. I took supplements for years (many different kinds) and they never did for my skin what green smoothies have achieved.

Hope this helps!
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Thank you maudlin!

I also like to make a blueberry milkshake, with blueberries, soymilk, plain yoghurt and mix that altogether. very yum, and healhty. u can also add flaxseed oil to it if you want.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |