Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Skin Biology Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Skin Biology Copper peptides for a few years now and I have noticed an incredible improvement in my skin. This is my current routine:

AM
Cleanse with Cetaphil sensitive skin cleaner & Clarisonic brush
Use Vit C serum all over face (20% C)
Wait about 10-12 minutes then:
Use Exfol cream all over face & around eyes
Wait 20-30 minutes then:
Use JB Mineral Prep
Use JB Alpha Derma CE
Use True Radiance eye cream under & around eyes
Last step before MMU - Sunscreen.

PM
Cleanse with Cetaphil Sensitive Cleanser & Clarisonic Brush
Use 10%/20% AHA serum all over face
Wait 10 minutes
Use 8 drops of CP serum all over face avoiding the eye area.
Use Super CP only for spot treatment when needed.
Use CP night eyes premier under eyes & on lids
use HA & True Radiance eye cream under & around eyes (Apply TR eye cream 1st - wait 5 minutes then apply CP Night Eyes Premier)
3 drops of Emu oil all over face.

1X month 35% fruit acid peel
1X week NCN's Pumpkin peel
Spot treat any acne problem overnight with Retin A

I have to say, my skin as never looked better. Very smooth, great texture & color, very hydrated without being oily. Almost no hormonal breakouts anymore (Just a occasional small one that quickly goes away with Retin A Cream)

I have used JB Alpha Derma CE for about 5+ years now and really like/liked this product. My skin looked good but not great - which is why I decided to try the CP's. I have used many products over the years (Obagi, Retin-A, MD Forte, Kinerase, Cellex-C, etc) and this is my best result so far.

I could go on & on about the improvement I experienced with Copper Peptides and Exfol on my neck & chest area - it is truly amazing - A complete rejuvenation of the skin's appear, texture, everything. My chest area looks and feels at least 10-15 yrs younger than it did before CP's. I unfortunately never took care of the chest area (neglected it entirely unlike my face - caution to you younger gals to protect the hands/neck & chest area as well as the facial skin. Now it is as if I never had damaged skin.

I have tried both the 1ST generation & 2ND generation of CP's. Personally, I did not notice any difference between the two formulas and I decided to stay with the original CP's - why change something that has worked and continues to work.

I am very Pro - CP's - In my case they worked wonders.

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Skin Biology CP Serum - Small (28 g / 1 oz)
Skin Biology CP Serum - Small (28 g / 1 oz)

Repair daily damage with Skin Remodeling Copper-Peptides available in a light serum formula. CP Serum is a skin care serum with SRCPs that helps skin renewal while giving a healthy glow to your skin.

kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Fairlady,
May I ask you what is your routine for your chest and what specific cp products are you using? Thanks so much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fairlady - thanks for your post. I really apreciate a lot of what you've written. What is your skin type (oops - see you have that!) and concerns and also do you mind sharing your age range?
I've wanted to try the alpha derma prep and may still. It's nice to hear how you've incorporated it with CP's.
Secondly - it sounds like you are using second generation CP's - not first generation. I have been using skin signals along with hydroxy acids and retin a and DIY C... I can tell a smoothness also - it's becoming very evident and my complexion color looks so nice which I did not expect.
There is also a firmness but I do facial exercise too so of that I'm not absolutely certain. One thing I do know is I'm sooo happy to have CP's - I am finding them to be a true anti-aging product. My next step will be to get the sunscreen products and then work on using them around my eyes.

Best - Sis

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Great review Fairlady. Great to hear the CP's are working so well for you. I'm having very positive results from using CP's the last few months. Recently moved up to skin signals, night eyes and trireduction. My chest area has also improved, alot more elasticity there lately. I'm totally in love with copper peptides now. Smile

Yes it also sounds to me like you're using the 2nd generation.

Sis are you using skin signals on areas other than your face?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Great review, fairlady. I appreciate how detailed you were with your routine. You said you have been using the CP's for a few years. Can you share how long it took you to notice improvement in your skin after you started using the CP's? (And I 2nd the request for your age range!!).
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies:

Glad to share the information with you

1.) I am using 1st generation CP's (8 drops of Super cop & Super Cop X2 for spot treatment) I tried the 2nd generation and didn't notice much of a difference between them and the 1st generation - so I am just sticking with the 1st generation products.

2.)Rileygirl I would say I noticed a marked improvement within 3 months and from there things just continued to improve. I am very diligent about my routine though - I rarely skip or miss a AM or PM skin treatment. My chest area was extremely neglected. I used to do the tanning booth gig & always covered my face because I didn't want wrinkles so I would use self tanner on my face and let the rest myself bake - duh what was I thinking - like the skin damage wouldn't show up on other parts of my body later. So eventually the thinner skin on my chest area started getting freckles, little uneven bumps, and in the morning I would have these unsightly chest wrinkles that wouldn't go away for hours. That's when I decided to try a new program and added the CP's to the mix along with Exfol. The transformation was amazing. The skin on my chest looks better now than 10 years ago. Every night I rub Liquid Super CP's on my neck & chest, if there are any little signs of a mole or bump I spot treat with Super Cop X2. In the morning I rub Exfol all over the neck & chest area. Once a week I will switch to BND cream which is also a great product.

3.) My age is 42 this year but I honestly do not look like your average 42 year old. I will try and upload a few pictures (tomorrow if I have time)and you can be the judge as to whether or not these products are truly anti-aging. I am always told that I look a decade younger than I am - so I am convinced these particular products work and believe me I have wasted $$ on a lot of dud products over the years so I do not rave about everything!

Fairlady

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, fairlady. I appreciate your information (and you giving your age)! Very Happy

3 months isn't long at all to see improvement, so that sounds great!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Fairlady, I'm so grateful for your input and your thorough post covering your entire CP regime. It's very helpful!

I'm at the 5 month mark, but haven't been able to get above 2 or 3 drops of CP Serum, mixed with 8 drops of water. Haven't noticed any improvements I can attribute with certainty to the CP's yet, but if I go above those 2 drops I do get the 'uglies' (sag Sad ).

I'll stick with my minimal use, and see what happens month by month.

Thanks again for your very helpful input...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review fairlady. I found it helpful how you are using the different products together.
I also use Alphaderma CE, Skin Prep & a vit.C serum in a.m. Retin-A 3X a week p.m.
I have recently started back with CP use ( P&R classic cream & exfol serum) and was wondering how best to incorporate them into my routine.

How are you finding the use of exfol serum & vit. C serum together? Is it irritating at all? Very encouraging to hear of your success with these products. Thanks again.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Fairlady, 1 more question! Do you think someone just starting out should use the regular or super CP on the chest area? I am thinking the body skin is a little tougher than the face and would be ok with the super CP, but I would like your opinion! TIA!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Fairlady, I'm so grateful for your input and your thorough post covering your entire CP regime. It's very helpful!

I'm at the 5 month mark, but haven't been able to get above 2 or 3 drops of CP Serum, mixed with 8 drops of water. Haven't noticed any improvements I can attribute with certainty to the CP's yet, but if I go above those 2 drops I do get the 'uglies' (sag Sad ).

Kassy, I could never get past 2 drops CP serum/6 drops water even after 6 months use without experiencing some sag. Sad

I decided to start back slowly first with the first generation CP serum and now the P&R cream. So far so good and I'm really liking the cream.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:

Kassy, I could never get past 2 drops CP serum/6 drops water even after 6 months use without experiencing some sag. Sad

I decided to start back slowly first with the first generation CP serum and now the P&R cream. So far so good and I'm really liking the cream.

All this time I thought the CP serum WAS the 1st generation stuff Embarassed Argh! Wonder what the difference is exactly?

I shudder when I read folks saying they opt for stronger and stronger regimes with CP's.

I only decided to give it a whirl when I read the study on pub med that showed good results when used with LED treatments.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:46 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

CP Serum is 2nd generation. Kassy, why don't you try P&R Cream 1st like bierrose It is milder and a great place to start. It is where I started & I continue using it as my mild CP.

CP Serum is 2nd generation. Kassy, why don't you try P&R Cream 1st like bierrose It is milder and a great place to start. It is where I started & I continue using it as my mild CP.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fairlady, Thanks for posting your routine.

I am not sure how we ended up with 2 SB Copper Peptide Threads? Wasn't your routine posted on another thread?

It is getting a little confusing to have 2 threads going at once on the exact same topic, so perhaps they should be merged. I missed this entirely & it would be nice for CP users on both threads to share their routines and experiences.

Perhaps Havana can merge them together for simplicities sake?

Thanks again for sharing Fairlady! Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:

I think more people will see it where it is, in the Review section rather than tucked into a CP thread. I don't think there are a lot of people who want to wade through pages and pages to see someones review of the product. (Just my 2 cents!)
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Star Model wrote:

I think more people will see it where it is, in the Review section rather than tucked into a CP thread. I don't think there are a lot of people who want to wade through pages and pages to see someones review of the product. (Just my 2 cents!)

The thread I was referring to is also in the Review Section Rileygirl started by foxe with the EXACT same title. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37752

That is why I think it would be easier to follow if they were merged. There are other CP threads, but these 2 are basically the same. Fairlady's review was actually moved from another thread, unless I am just seeing things.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Brierrose - I have no problem with using the Exfol and the Vitamin C layered. I also use AHA/BHA serum at night before CP's and I experience no irritation. I don't know how sensitive your skin is but mine tolerates the products well. You could give it a try and if you notice that it is too drying or irritating change to every other day or even just 2X a week.

Kassy & Rileygirl - When I first started using CP's I started with the regular strength and moved very slowly. I basically began with this regimen: Start by using an equal number of CP drops mixed with an equal number of drops of water. Maybe start with about 3-4 drops of CP's mixed with 3-4 drops of water (For your face). Do this for one week then switch to 3-4 drops of CP's to 2-3 drops of water. Wait another week then continue with 3-4 drops of CP's to 1-2 drops of water. By week 4 you should be able to go full strength without any water drops mixed in. For the chest & neck area use about 6-7 drops of CP's to water following the same gradual process of water elimination over the 3-4 week period. Always follow with an exfoliant in the morning. I like Exfol cream for the chest & Neck but for the face I prefer Exfol in the AM and aha/bha serum in the PM.

Use the CP's at night with a little Emu, Jojoba or Squalene oil layer over the top. In the morning do not use CP's but rather a C-serum, Exfol and your preferred moisturizer. (I love Alpha Derma CE) and a good eye cream.

Super Cop cream and Super Cop X2 is very, very strong and should only be used to help get rid of skin tags, moles, or scars. It is excellent in removing any of the above but will cause redness and itching in the process and I personally would not use it on the facial area over all - maybe for a spot treatment if you have a small mole or scar that you are trying to eliminate.

Hope this helps and other questions please feel free to ask.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, fairlady. I appreciate your help.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Fairlady,

I took a similar approach to yours but started with P&R Classic Cream before moving to CP Serum which I did not have to dilute. When I moved to Super CP Serum (much stronger) I diluted to start.

I have used CPs for 5+ years and like Nanci from NCN, my results and skin are amazing. People who meet me think I am 15 - 20 yrs. younger.

All this talk elsewhere that CPs are nothing more than "hype" is just not so.

However, those going too strong using ultra strong CPs like Super Cop & 2X are often the ones who have claimed damage. They were going too fast & way too strong in bringing existing damage out of their skin. One of the regenerative traits of CPs.

fairlady wrote:
Super Cop cream and Super Cop X2 is very, very strong and should only be used to help get rid of skin tags, moles, or scars. It is excellent in removing any of the above but will cause redness and itching in the process and I personally would not use it on the facial area over all - maybe for a spot treatment if you have a small mole or scar that you are trying to eliminate.

I know of a few on this forum who continue to claim damage who were just going too strong & too fast, but they haven't admitted to this planting the "seed of doubt" in others. Even at that, CPs do NOT cause new damage to the skin.

The damage already exists.

Thanks Fairlady for helping to make this clear!
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:02 am      Reply with quote
i just started using CPs again (skin signals).

Just want to know what can i use instead of hte Exfol serum. Is it just about exfoliating the skin in general OR does it actually NEED to be this serum for better results?

Im against Emu oil but see someone mentioned using other types - is hemp or argan oil ok? (these are the 2 i have at this point)

Thanks for ANY help!
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mb935, I've asked Dr. Pickart about this - as long as the skin is exfoliated, it does not need to be with an acid (thank gawd) . Also, I don't use Emu Oil either for the same reason as you. Your hemp and/or argan will work beautifully! Cool
truth
5% products discount

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...so much information! This is amazing! Everyone's so helpful and informative! Thanks everyone:)

Now, I'm hoping I might be able to get a little advice. I'm a life long cystic acne sufferer. tried everything. Nothing works. I cannot use Retin A. Gives me the uglies but permanently.

Now I need to battle my skin as well as wrinkles. I'm 37 and started geting cysts at 9. I've been looking into CPs for a while now but got a little chicken from the bad reviews. You all have given me new hope! My face isn't really scarred (luckily I never picked!), but my chest and back...whole other story. Fairlady, your review of how CPS have transformed your chest...you've given me new hope! Thank you!

So what would be the recommendation for me to start with? Currently I use a 10% AHA, sometimes. I kinda concentrate on my eye area...using TNS night eye repair and MD Forte rejuvenating eye cream. I'm looking for a vit C serum that won't cost me an arm and leg as well. But it sounds like CPSs could be an answer to many of my problems!

Geez, I hope it's not too good to be true...
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Truth, the Protect & Restore with High Retinol has helped a lot of people with cystic acne.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 - I agree with NCN; it doesn't have to specifically be Exfol serum or cream, it can be any one that you like just as long as you are regularly keeping your skin exfoliated.

truth - I would recommend that you start (for the chest area) with regular CP serum using the diluted steps with water (about 6-7 drops of each to begin) and gradually cut back on the water until you are using CP's full strength. After applying the CP's it is helpful to apply a good skin oil as this helps to push the CP's further into the skin and it keeps the skin nicely moisturized. You can use any one of many skin oils; Jojoba, Emu, Hemp, Squalene, etc. I have tried most of them and currently am using Squalene. It the morning gently wash the chest area and apply an exfoliating cream or serum. Again, here you can use any type that you like. I personally like Exfol because it is effective yet gentle. I have tried Lacsal but find it a little too harsh for me. In the winter I prefer a cream base, in the summer I switch to a serum because I get a little oily.

If you are looking for a very good C-serum that doesn't cost a lot go to Ebay and search for Skin Beauty Solutions 25% Vitamin C Serum (L-Ascorbic Acid) You can get a generous 1 ounce bottle for around $25. It is excellent, comes in the dark glass bottle that helps protect the stability and is not oily. I love Vivier C Serums but when I have spent too much on other purchases and need a C serum for less - I order this one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
truth - I found the CPs helped with the redness/ruddiness that retinoids gave me - so you *might* be able to use Retin A if you also use a CP - they reduce inflammation and the flakiness you get from Retin A.

Also - try different CPs on your chest, you may find one works better than others.

I have a fairly sensitive chest and it does not like CP serum or Super CP Serum. I stopped using CPs for a long time there because of that. But, recently, I tried Skin Signals and my chest is reacting very well to that. I also tried a sample of the P & R Lotion there and that also does some nice things.

My point is - try different ones to see what works best.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |