Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Save My Face Pillow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
So I searched through EDS and I didn't find a thread on this subject, if there is one I'm sorry!

I was wondering if anyone of you have purchased the "Save My Face Pillow"? Which one did you purchase and do you think it's worth the price? Thanks! Very Happy
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
bren21 has talked about it in other threads and highly recommends it. Here's one of the threads:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=477871&highlight=pillow#477871

Everytime it comes up in discussion, I remind myself that I need to buy one and then promptly forget.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
bren21 has talked about it in other threads and highly recommends it. Here's one of the threads:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=477871&highlight=pillow#477871

Everytime it comes up in discussion, I remind myself that I need to buy one and then promptly forget.

Thank you for posting that link! It sounds like a winner! Do you know which style you want to order? I was thinking of ordering the "Le Grand" in satin. Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reminder, SkinCareJunkie. I've ordered La Petite in the SeaCell fiber case. I wanted a small pillow I could place on top of my regular pillow and that would also pack easily.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Thanks for the reminder, SkinCareJunkie. I've ordered La Petite in the SeaCell fiber case. I wanted a small pillow I could place on top of my regular pillow and that would also pack easily.

Let me know how you like it! I haven't taken the plunge yet, but it's on my list! Very Happy
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have one and initially I liked it but it got too hot in summer. The silk case is polyester and it is sub triopical where i live and gets very hot and clammy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
I have one and initially I liked it but it got too hot in summer. The silk case is polyester and it is sub triopical where i live and gets very hot and clammy

That's too bad! Did you try to flip it over? I always do this to my pillows if they get too hot! Very Happy
ishay
5% products discount

Thu May 06, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I want this! I want this! Very Happy
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm really liking the pillow - thanks again, bren21. As I think I said, I bought the smaller pillow. It's extremely thin but I like that because I use it on top of my regular pillow and it doesn't add any more fullness than I had before - I hate thick, fluffy pillows. I did have to get used to it. The first couple of nights, I would wake up and find the pillow on the floor or my face smashed into the middle of the pillow instead of being on the edge. But I finally learned how to use it so that I'm receiving the full benefit of the pillow. It hasn't been real hot yet so I'm not sure how the fabric will be when it warms up, but I turn my AC pretty low at night in the summer, anyway, so I'm not expecting a problem.
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie, are you waking up with less sleep lines and creases? Were these a problem "pre-pillow"? I sleep on either my left or right side, and definitely see sleep lines in the morning, but can't seem to train myself to sleep on my back. :-\ I'd love to try this if it works!
karenina

Sun May 23, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
This is my first post, though I've been lurking for ages. That sounds creepy!

Anyway, I wanted to chime in at this point to sing the praises of the Save My Face pillow.

I've always been annoyed at sleep wrinkles but have never managed to fall or stay asleep on my back as recommended.

A few weeks ago I ordered and received the smaller SMF pillow (forget the name) and to my surprise I have adjusted very easily.

No more face creases! I am thrilled.

Drawbacks: It's pricey and you have to buy their pillowcases, because using normal ones defeats the ability of the crescent gap to... save your face.

Still, I know it's going to be a present for any concerned women in my life this coming Christmas.

Hope this was helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 5:17 am      Reply with quote
gossamerwings wrote:
Skippie, are you waking up with less sleep lines and creases? Were these a problem "pre-pillow"? I sleep on either my left or right side, and definitely see sleep lines in the morning, but can't seem to train myself to sleep on my back. :-\ I'd love to try this if it works!

gossamerwings,

I don't get creases like I did unless for some reason, I fall off the save my face pillow. Yesterday, I woke up off the pillow and had a crease on my face that didn't pop out until the afternoon. If I stay on the pillow, then I wake up crease-free.
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I am confused about one thing- do you order two pillows from them? The save your face pillow, and then one to layer under it? Or can it be layered over your own pillow at home? I am not sure I need anything under it, as I like flat pillows...

Thanks for the help, and glad its working out!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I layer it over my own pillow - I just have one STF pillow. My own pillow has a satin pillowcase which might explain why the STF pillow slides off it so easily. I don't get creases with the STF pillow but do with the satin pillowcase - go figure!! Confused
MR001
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Any silk pillow will do.
eyebright
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
MR001,
Does the size or shape of the pillow matter, or is it just that the pillowcase should be real silk fabric?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:31 am      Reply with quote
I have a satin pillowcase on my regular pillow and I still get creases - which I don't get with the Save My Face pillow. Another difference for me with my regular pillow and the SMF pillow is that I'm not worried about the SMF pillow contributing to the sagging of my skin on the side I sleep the most on, which for me is the left side facing my clock radio. That's because my face is lifted and doesn't touch anything. It's the hairline that's touching the SMF pillow. Truthfully, I find myself sleeping on my back a lot more with the SMF pillow because my head feels better supported.

So I would have to disagree with the statement that any silk pillow will do, based on my own experience.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I have the small SMF pillow and I actually find it difficult to adjust my face to the crescent shape. No matter how I place my ear, neck and hairline against the crescent, the weight of my cheek still allows for my face to touch the pillow underneath, which I think defeats the purpose. I still have creases on my face in the mornings. How do you guys do it? Thanks

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I don't think there is a need for a special pillow, just any silk pillowcase will work!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I have the small SMF pillow and I actually find it difficult to adjust my face to the crescent shape. No matter how I place my ear, neck and hairline against the crescent, the weight of my cheek still allows for my face to touch the pillow underneath, which I think defeats the purpose. I still have creases on my face in the mornings. How do you guys do it? Thanks

fat_swan,

If I sleep on my side rather than my stomach, my face actually turns slightly up from the pillow rather than being smashed into it. Do you sleep on your stomach or side?
MR001
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="eyebright"]MR001,
Does the size or shape of the pillow matter, or is it just that the pillowcase should be real silk fabric?[/quote]
Pure silk pillow case is enough. Because it the pillowcase the cotact with your skin and hair. The inner material of the pillow also matters, but that has less connection with skin and hair care. Smile
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
fat_swan wrote:

fat_swan,

If I sleep on my side rather than my stomach, my face actually turns slightly up from the pillow rather than being smashed into it. Do you sleep on your stomach or side?

Nope, I sleep on my side and my face still falls in Laughing

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:00 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Skippie wrote:
fat_swan wrote:

fat_swan,

Nope, I sleep on my side and my face still falls in Laughing

Oh dear - I wonder if the larger size pillow would have been better for you.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Actually I was thinking the opposite-- that even the crescent of the small pillow is too big for my face! Confused

Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 am      Reply with quote
OOPS - I didn't even think of that as a possibility, fat_swan. I received a DVD with my pillow but haven't watched it. Maybe it would have some suggestions.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |