Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please recommend a good BODY lotion with AHA/other acids?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Or body peel?

Preferrably with silky texture and not so strong scent.

Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for asking this, RussianSunshine. I am watching for answers, as I am looking for the same exact thing!
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I used to buy burt's bee's lotion and add lactic acid to it, and it worked fabulously...but the scent was awful and burt's bee's changed their formulations, so I'm actually trying to make my own body lotions now as a little hobby, tailor made to my own skin needs, ya know?
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
You can search"AHA" in this website.and you can find the result
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Amlactin 12% AHA, fragrance-free:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=16752&catid=10394
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
MD Formulations used to do a brilliant body lotion with glycolic acid. It helped to fade my scars from ingrowing hairs.

Just had a look on EDS and can't find it, but there is a glycolic Hand & Body Lotion - I wonder whether that's the new version?
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
2nd on the Amlactin - after one application, you can feel the difference the following morning - available at Costco.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I quite like AmLactin with 12% Lactic Acid (buffered). It's also relatively cheap for a 500g bottle.

Dee

Edit: Oops, AmLactin's already been mentioned twice!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I really like Paulas Choice Skin Revealing Body Lotion with 10% AHA.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/skin-revealing-body-lotion-10-percent-alpha-hydroxy-acid/bha-aha-exfoliants
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Is the Am-Lactin sticky feeling at all, or does it absorb in well and leave a smooth feeling?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
DDF 10% glycolic is a very good product and inexpensive. I have been using it for years.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
DDF 10% glycolic is a very good product and inexpensive. I have been using it for years.

sharky, is it sticky? Have you noticed any smoothing effects? Does it help with stretch marks?

I'm also considering Dr Michelle Copeland AHA Body Smoothing Lotion, but it's more expensive than DDF (59CAD for 100 ml)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-michelle-copeland-aha-p_10437.htm

majorb wrote:
MD Formulations used to do a brilliant body lotion with glycolic acid. It helped to fade my scars from ingrowing hairs.

Just had a look on EDS and can't find it, but there is a glycolic Hand & Body Lotion - I wonder whether that's the new version?

EDS does not offer MD Formulations products to Canadians Sad

GirlieGirl wrote:
I really like Paulas Choice Skin Revealing Body Lotion with 10% AHA.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/skin-revealing-body-lotion-10-percent-alpha-hydroxy-acid/bha-aha-exfoliants

GirlieGirl, I wasn't impressed by Paulas Choice Skincare line at all. Confused

Has anyone tried any organic lotions with fruit acids? I tried one of the KISS MY FACE moisturizers, and you can rub it for hours, but it just doesn't absorb.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

I also used the MD Formulations body lotion for some years, stopped for a while, started again recently. I think it's the same one? Looks the same to me ??

I like the DDF one also.
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Is the Am-Lactin sticky feeling at all, or does it absorb in well and leave a smooth feeling?

I don't find it sticky but you may feel the initial sting from the acid...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

No, not sticky at all. It just sinks straight in and leaves your skin soft and hydrated. Although the lactic acid is buffered, it still tingles a little on application.

Dee
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Dee28 wrote:
I quite like AmLactin with 12% Lactic Acid (buffered). It's also relatively cheap for a 500g bottle.

Dee

Edit: Oops, AmLactin's already been mentioned twice!

Seems to be the most popular so far Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, mogulicious and Dee. I am going to give the AmLactin a try!
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for DDF 10% glycolic.

(Discovered it thanks to Sharky! On my 4th bottle now.)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
pumaka wrote:
Another vote for DDF 10% glycolic.

(Discovered it thanks to Sharky! On my 4th bottle now.)

Wow, 4th bottle, and I know Sharky has recommended the DDF for years now. Hmm, I will splurge and get this one, as well!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I don't find it sticky but you may feel the initial sting from the acid...

I got the AmLactin now and find the consistency a bit sticky , you really have to rub the cream in. I wonder if DDF is also sticky Rolling Eyes
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
No, it's not sticky at all, and sinks in well.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

I got the AmLactin now and find the consistency a bit sticky , you really have to rub the cream in. I wonder if DDF is also sticky Rolling Eyes

I also bought the AmLactin. I am only sticky briefly with this, and then it leaves my skin very smooth.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Jan Marini's Bioglycolic hand and body lotion is good. The Bioglycolic body scrub works well too.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

I also bought the AmLactin. I am only sticky briefly with this, and then it leaves my skin very smooth.

Can you put the clothes on right after?
Indeed, it does have an immediate smoothing effect.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Can you put the clothes on right after?
Indeed, it does have an immediate smoothing effect.

I seem to be able to. I apply it and then immediately start getting dressed. Are you not able to RussianSunshine?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |