Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Cleansing products for sensitive skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have crazy sensitive skin and can just not seem to find a good cleanser. I have tried so many and yet as I write this have a full face rash and peeling skin because of a cleanser I tried. Can anyone suggest something they have had success with?
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm dry/sensitive and I've tried lots of cleansers: Eve Lom, Amanda Lacey, La Mer but the best one that I always come back to is Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. It doesn't strip your skin, doesn't dry it out and leaves it soft, comfortable and squeaky clean. It's my staple.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
The all-time best for my sensitive skin is Johnson & Johnson's Purpose. I have been able to use it under any condition, following any procedure, etc. My derm and most skin spas I have gone to have said it is hard to beat. I also like L'Occtane foaming cleansers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR
That is so great! Where did you find the Purpose? I am in Canada, and I don't think I have seen it here. It could be that I just missed it.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
AnnieR
That is so great! Where did you find the Purpose? I am in Canada, and I don't think I have seen it here. It could be that I just missed it.

I don't think we have Purpose cleanser on the shelves here in Canada. If you look at Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe cleanser the ingredients are similar. I like to use Head to Toe as a body wash. I have used it on my face (and it does remove mascara) but find it can be drying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
I have crazy sensitive skin and can just not seem to find a good cleanser. I have tried so many and yet as I write this have a full face rash and peeling skin because of a cleanser I tried. Can anyone suggest something they have had success with?

What cleansers have you tried? What cleanser caused the reaction?

If we know what might possibly be an irratant, then we can elimate products/ingredients.

I have reactive skin and need to avoid botancials (clinique, Clarins, etc.) perfume, and algae/seaweed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995
Thanks for letting me know. I need something for my body as well - it is less reactive but still quite sensitive. I will look for Head to Toe. They get all the good stuff in the States!
Any ideas for a facial cleanser?
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
It was Elizabeth Grant. I had ordered some of her stuff after being sucked in by the Shopping Network - I even borrowed money to do it. At first I was fine, but then my face felt a bit weird. When I woke up, my face was shedding skin! And entirely red and bumpy. I have tried the Neutrogena Extra Gentle cleanser, and used it for a few weeks, but then had a much milder reaction. Any sort of bar soap is a problem. Once I used Dove Nutrium - just once at night, then again in the morning - and ended up with HIVES on my face for two months! I found a really nice cleanser at a health food store - Noah's - that had Rose in it. I did really well with that, but I think it was discontinued (of course!). I think you are right, that there is something common to them all that just hates me. I know fragrances are something I must avoid, but the rest, I am just not sure about.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of people like Cetaphil. My derm suggested that one. I think it is just OK. It is gentle. It does not remove makeup.

I would suggest Neostrata Clinderm cleanser. (I really like the sunscreen.) I also like La Roche Posay Dermo cleanser if I am feeling dry. It does not have to rinsed off (but I do).
It is better for dry skin as it feels creamy.

I have had rashes, etc from products and it is rather annoying.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Especially when you pay so much for them! My friends get all the stuff I can't use. Does the La Roche Posay remove make-up? I think I have seen it in Shoppers Drug Mart.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
The Cliniderm cleanser does remove makeup. The LRP does...sort of. Both are available at SDM.

BTW I had reactions from Lancome, Clinique SS (but ok with everything else I have tried) and a natural product that had seaweed (Alba ?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Here in Texas, we get it at Walgreens, CVs, HEB and its pretty popular. I do like the Cetaphil as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Avene water and L'occitane honey cream helps sensitive skin, i also tried natural honey for cleaning purpose
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
annesun
That's interesting - how do you use honey to cleanse? I love using it for facials, it has only done good things to my face.
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I like Philosophy's Purity cleanser .I have never been irritated or dried out by it and it removes my makeup ( even mascara) with out harsh scrubbing.

My teen sons use it and it has never bothered them either . It's also gentle enough that it doesn't irritate my eyes when I'm washing my face ...and alot of other products do.
havana8

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Duchess Marden Damascena Crème Facial Cleanser is gentle and calming for sensitive skin.
http://www.duchessmarden.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=products%26Store_Code=DMarden
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Renew Balancing Gel Cleanser. This is foaming but does not contain SLS or parabens. Skin is soft after washing and totally not drying.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm dry and sensitive also and love all those you mention too (and used them all regularly) but one that I've been using recently that I love love love more than them all is Sarah Chapman ultimate cleanse. Not only does it smell wonderful, it really cleans the pores without overstripping the skin (and she even has a little massage leaflet in the box) and leaves my skin literally feeling and looking great!
LondonJamie wrote:
I'm dry/sensitive and I've tried lots of cleansers: Eve Lom, Amanda Lacey, La Mer but the best one that I always come back to is Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. It doesn't strip your skin, doesn't dry it out and leaves it soft, comfortable and squeaky clean. It's my staple.
msboo
5% products discount

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've had great results, for apprx 3 years, using CeraVe Cleanser for my face (derm doc recommended). During winter months I bathe with it as well. Years ago I became sensitive to Cetaphil (SLS was the problem). Sensitive skin is very frustrating, isn't it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Cetephyl for years but recently converted completely to Dermalogica and it has treated alot of my issues that mainly had to do with sensitivity. I believe that after all my acid peels and laser treatments for post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation; it has maintained my results and has built up my acid and lipid barrier. This of course was my goal to help with my outrageous sensitivity to.....everything! Rolling Eyes

Hell, I just learned this year that I am allergic to nail polish.....ALL nail polish.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
MD Formulations has a senstive facial cleaner
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Try MIR skincare's cleansing gel
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone for the replies! I will check these out. It is so nice to know that when I have a problem I can bring it here and have knowledgeable people help me out. And my face is getting better - it doesn't look like it's going to explode any more!
sucencen
5% products discount

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'v used some products are very good for my sensitive skin:
JURLIQUE Soothing cleansing
Cetaphil cleanser
DECELOR cleansing milk
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi! The Garnier line for sensitive is very nice as well (toner and cleansing milk) and they are like 5 pounds each. Very good value and quality.

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |