Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Good curling iron?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone:

I am in search of a good curling iron. I don't mind paying more if it means I can maintain relatively healthy hair. In fact, I noticed that when you opt to go to the more expensive ones, they're all about the same price so it's just a matter of choosing which one.

I'd love to get one that heats up quickly, has ceramic plates, and has automatic shut off if possible. Can you recommend any with the price that you paid?

Thanks!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have had several chi irons but one I recently got and really love is a GHD IV Black 2007. I ordered it from http://www.yoyobeauty.com/GHD_s/2.htm for about 90.00 and it is and they sell for WAY More on ebay. There is a valentine special with this code for 10% off with this coupon code LOV3
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby. I checked out the site and felt the price was good considering it's a GHD; however, the shipping costs to Canada are crazy. I'd be paying $41 US for shipping. Any way to get around this?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I bought a GHD iron online today, as my old one which I loved just died - I’ve dropped it a few times lately so it’s probably my fault.

Anyway, while searching around online I discovered that there’s a thriving market in fake/counterfeit GHDs. Do a quick google for GHD and China, and you’ll find dozens of factories in southern China offering their dodgy “GHD” wares to unscrupulous wholesalers/retailers. Some of their listings are almost funny, eg, “Country of origin: United Kingdom”, but “manufactured in China” LOL Real GHD irons are NOT made in China.

Toby, I hope I’m wrong about this, but I’m a little suspicious of the Yoyo site you mentioned. The first thing that caught my eye was they have stock of the purple GHD model, which is in hot demand and sold out almost everywhere. Even the official GHD site has no stock left. Also, they have a “Warranty Disclaimer” clause stating that all products are provided “as is”, “without warranties of any kind”. GHD irons always come with a warranty.

If you do a google, there’s quite a few sites listing the differences between real GHDs and fakes, but of course you can’t compare until you’ve bought the product by which time it’s too late. Probably the quickest way to be sure your GHD is real is to do the online registration, and see if the hologram code is accepted
http://www.ghdhair.com/customer-care/product-registration

I ended up buying from one of the UK “approved” GHD sites - as I’m in Hong Kong and the voltage/plugs are the same as UK. Actually the UK “approved” sites seem cheaper than the US, although I only did a price comparison with US site Folica. I bought the “Pink IV” and total including shipping to Hong Kong was 117.77 UK pounds (about US173). I think shipping was around 17-18 UK pounds, but because I’m buying from outside UK they deducted VAT, which was a similar amount. Not a bad price all up I think.

Until today, I had no idea that “fake” hair irons even existed. Seems you can copy almost anything these days. It’s the safety issues that bother me, as I don’t want to use an electrical appliance near my face that may burst into flames…

I found these two links which have some useful info and price comparisons on GHD “approved” websites. All UK sites, but the GHD IVs are supposed to have universal voltage, so I guess you could just change the plug or use an adaptor if you’re in the states

http://www.compareghd.com/
http://www.ghdstylerstockists.co.uk/category/ghd-iv-styler
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
The T3 is the best. I have hair and this is the only iron that doesn't fry my hair and the curls last all day! Smooth, soft shiny curls. I bought at folica.com and I live in Canada too. They have the best prices anywhere. Sephora and Holt Renfrew sell this line too and thier prices are outrageous!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Hot Tools curling iron from Trade Secret. Its gets super hot pretty fast and I'm happy with it. My hair is pretty straight and it holds the curl pretty well with this one Smile

They have other brands there as well, check it out Smile I think they have a few locations around...
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Please do not use curling iron very often, since this product would do harm to your hair very deeply.
If you want your hair to be curled all day long, why not go to the salon and have your hair made by professional barber?
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
and pls be very careful when you curl your hair, don't be like me ended up burning myself on my chin~
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hot tools brand is not very good. When a curling iron says "Ceramic" or "Tourmaline" on the box be sure to check as most have just the coating on the barrel when the best have a Ceramic or Tourmaline heating core. Hence the price difference.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
What does GHD stand for?

Paula Begon's recommendations for hair is:

Flat iron by Remington
Wet2
Revlon blow dryer 1875W

Products that contain Silicone to reduce heat damage:

Citrus Shine
Got2b Crazy Sleek

She was on a talk show a few months ago.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:09 am      Reply with quote
LL wrote:
Hi everyone:
I am in search of a good curling iron. I don't mind paying more if it means I can maintain relatively healthy hair. In fact, I noticed that when you opt to go to the more expensive ones, they're all about the same price so it's just a matter of choosing which one.

I'd love to get one that heats up quickly, has ceramic plates, and has automatic shut off if possible. Can you recommend any with the price that you paid?
Thanks!

Mine is the -- Salon Series hair straightener mine is 1" - but I use it to curl my hair.
Heats up in 30 secs
100% ceramic floating plates
60 min auto shut off
$189.95 with free delivery & 3 yar manufacturer's guarantee
but check it out yourself: Karminhairtools.com
If you do decide to go with this look at the Heat Protection & Shining Spray to use as your heat protectant. I use this or the Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil on damp hair before drying & heat styling.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |