Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Question about Restylane
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering for those who have had Restylane in their face, particularly the lips and/or the smile fold lines - do you 'feel' anything? I don't mean when you get it or right after when the redness is still going down and everything, but after that. Is there any type of strange sensation that you can tell there is something under the skin or is it completely undetectable to you? I am interested in this, but that is my biggest concern and worry, that I won't be able to stand how it feels because I am very sensitive to subtle sensations and things that like. Thanks!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I had it in the n/l and could feel nothing--it was basically so invisible that I went to a party right afterwards.

My sister had it and the next day you could see the nodules under her skin. So there is no single answer to your question.

That said, I'm getting better results with the facial exercises and other toys I've discovered here on the forum. It's been a few years since I had fillers.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have juvederm and can feel it on one side since the doctor put more on that side. I chose juvederm over restylane because my friend has restylane and she said it's a bit harder than juvederm. Plus juvederm lasts a little longer. So far I'm happy. My only caution is not to overdo it. On the side where the doctor put more in since I kept telling him I could still see the line, I noticed the juvederm rises up beyond the NL fold and makes a small ridge over the NL fold. This doesn't happen with the other side. I have to massage it down to make it flat but it goes back to form a ridge after a while. Good thing it won't last longer than 6 months. Also, with the fillers, your lines will become less visible even after the fillers go away. I think your body makes more collagen where the fillers were injected, too. I can't see myself getting a refill for another year.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! So, it sounds like it is a bit of a risk and coin toss as to whether it will be good or not.

Hermosa wrote:
That said, I'm getting better results with the facial exercises and other toys I've discovered here on the forum. It's been a few years since I had fillers.

Wow! That is exciting and promising. I assume you mean for the n/l lines especially. That is my biggest problem area that I hate, although I would like fuller lips too.

What facial exercise do you do for your n/l lines that is working better than the fillers? What system do you follow? And what toys do you use? Thanks!
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've had Restylane on my N/L folds and cannot feel a thing.

After my Obagi treatment my N/L folds actually showed and after waiting for them to go back to normal and not going back, I decided to just fill them Smile

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have had both the resty and juvaderm in my NL and lip lines and I don't feel a thing. It feels very natural and I forget that it is there at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG, I am using elements of Ageless, FlexEffect, and Facercise. I also do the Tanaka massage which was very much in vogue here a few months ago, along with other Japanese techniques. Hard to say which of the toys really helps, but the LEDs generally tone the skin and the Safetox seems to have a lifting effect.

I'm trying new things and changing around the routine all the time. I am pretty happy with my n/ls now though.
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
You can feel it to the touch - feels harder. However you can't feel it when you move your face or anything like that - if you didn't touch it you would not know it was there.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |