Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Had a Sothys facial yesterday and my skin is oh so soft!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I would let you know that I had a Sothys Facial yesterday and my skin is feeling absolutely gorgeous - in fact I have to stop myself from touching it all the time!

The treatment was called Flash Beaute and was a "Results" facial at my local day spa. Although it was $99 for 1 hour, I had a gift voucher for $75 to use so I was very impressed with the results I got from it.

Last night I jumped on EDS and ordered the Normalising beauty milk and lotion and some of the softening emulsion moisturiser. Its so much cheaper on here - my spa was selling the softening emulsion for $86 - 15% discount which is still $25 more expensive than EDS so even with shipping to Australia it works out so much cheaper.

The Sothy's Noctuelle Night Cream I have been using really complements this facial so hopefully my skin will stay glowing for a bit longer.

I am going to book another facial in for about 6 weeks time. I am trying to lose weight at the moment so this will be a great incentive for me. So far, I've lost 3kg in 2 weeks!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
i'm just a bit skeptical about getting facials. I see it as a way to pamper myself kinda like getting a massage, but i don't see it as changing my skin permanently. The result doesn't last longer than the next wash, and it's too expensive to keep going back every week, or however often you have to go or that the spa insists you go.

What do you think about facials? Miracle worker?

I tried a few facials now. I never had lasting results. After the facials, the therapist of course raved about how my skin glowed, but I did not really see any change.

I even had a microdermabrasion done, but nothing really looked different for me.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Of course I can't afford to go back and get a facial every 4-6 weeks as the beautician recommended but because I am a working Mum of a 3yr boy, I do not get much time to myself (apart from work) but you know what I mean - no chill out time alone.

I just find facials so relaxing and gives me a chance to forget about the "outside world" if only for an hour.

My skin still feels nice and soft so although they may not be lasting results, I'd have a facial in a flash if someone else was going to pay for it! Very Happy
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
yup yup i hear ya! By all means if anyone wants to pay for my facials, i'm all for it too. hehe Laughing It is a rather nice way to have a me time, and definitely it's a pampering yourself session. I often want to fall asleep when they give me a facial listening to the soft music and soothing sound of water in the room. ahhhhhhhh
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I went for a Vellasmooth treatment yesterday and the woman (early 40's)who did my treatment had a very soft, beautiful skin. I asked her what was she using and she told me Sothys. That was kind of shocking to me since they were not selling it at her SPA, they were selling dermalogica, Obagi and don't recall what else.

Anyone else using this treatment?
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Margarett
I'm still using the Sothys range after getting my beautician to recommend what would work for my skin and purchasing the products on here (its so much cheaper) and my skin still feels fantastic from this facial and this range of products.

There are so many products in the line that you can mix and match what your skin needs.

I am using:
Normalizing Beauty Milk & Lotion
Softening Emulsion moisturiser / or Hydroptimale Light cream
Morning Cleanser or Desquacrem depending on how my skin is feeling
Gommage exfoliant - I have used a sample of this and it really helps to clear pores out before using the Desquacrem
Noctuelle Night Cream with AHA & Vitamin C

I requested some samples of the products from EDS and I was fortunate to receive them so it wouldn't hut trying them to see how your skin reacts.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Nelly4 wrote:
Margarett
I'm still using the Sothys range after getting my beautician to recommend what would work for my skin and purchasing the products on here (its so much cheaper) and my skin still feels fantastic from this facial and this range of products.

There are so many products in the line that you can mix and match what your skin needs.

I am using:
Normalizing Beauty Milk & Lotion
Softening Emulsion moisturiser / or Hydroptimale Light cream
Morning Cleanser or Desquacrem depending on how my skin is feeling
Gommage exfoliant - I have used a sample of this and it really helps to clear pores out before using the Desquacrem
Noctuelle Night Cream with AHA & Vitamin C

I requested some samples of the products from EDS and I was fortunate to receive them so it wouldn't hut trying them to see how your skin reacts.

Great tip, Nelly. I will ask for samples too. I am looking for something to use after my Obagi treatment is completed and I saw this woman with awesome skin; so well hydrated and that's what I will need from this dryness due to hydroquinone, exfoliation, etc.

Thank you
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Nelly, I got the samples from Sothys and liked the cleanser. I am going to order the Aloe cleanser, I love, love the idea of cleaning my face with Aloe.
My face has been very dried lately, new wrinkles appearing where they did not exist before.
I will finish Obagi very soon and will keep using the Hydroquinone only and all the other procts just once a week. I want to find a line of skin care whose philosophy is no pulling, rubbing when applying the products. I like Clarins, but I wonder if there is something superior to it and I love buying from EDS too, which does not carry Clarins. I also just bought the EMu Oil by Skinbiology two days ago started it and love it, my skin feels much better and got rid of the peelings, redness, etc.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |