Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Strivectin Overnight Facial Resurfacing Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I thought this was interesting, considering the fact that most reviews of Strivectin I've seen have been negative. Reviews I've seen of this product have been pretty positive overall.

Quote:
StriVectin Overnight Resurfacing Serum, made from prickly pears and pink seaweed, is dubbed “sleep in a bottle” by beauticians due to its ability to revive skin while people sleep.

Fans of the cream include Kylie Minogue, the Australian pop idol, Jennifer Lopez, actress and singer, Tamara Mellon, the millionaire founder of Jimmy Choo shoes, Sir Elton John and Kelly Osbourne, the reality television star.

Experts say the cream is designed to be used under a moisturiser every night and is suitable for all skin types.

Developers of the cream say people aged over 30 should especially use the cream as the rate of cell renewal declines.

The brand, which made its name with a cream to eliminate stretch-marks, is being stoked at luxury stores including Harvey Nichols and Harrods.

Retailers have reported a strong demand for the product which has left a waiting list at many stores.

“We had a huge waiting list at Harvey Nichols in London, well before we had even started to drum up publicity for the brand,” a spokeswoman for StriVectin told The Daily Express.

“Now there are waiting lists across the country.

“People these days are very savvy when it comes to splashing out on expensive creams and, I guess, they do their research.”

Ingredients are:

Water(Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Opuntia Ficus-Indica Flower Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Ethylhexylglycerin Disodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Red 40 (CI 16035), Fragrance (Parfum).

EXFOLACTIVE® (4%):
After 6 days of twice-daily applications, the activity of exfoliating Stratum Corneum Tryptic Enzyme and Stratum Corneum Chymotryptic Enzyme increased by 39% and 21% respectively.
-Accelerates cell renewal.

In a test conducted on 20 volunteers:
-Significant reduction of surface wrinkles was reported after 28 days of use.
-Number of wrinkles decreased by 13%.
-Total wrinkled surface decreased by 20%.
-Total length of wrinkles decreased by 13%.

WILLOWBARK (10%):
-Shown to increase stratum corneum turnover by 24%.
-Shown to offer equivalent efficacy as salicylic acid at 1%, with less risk of irritation and other negative side effects.

WHITONYL®:
-Significantly lightens senescence spots and decreases their mean surface.
-Shown to reduce the activity of tyrosinase by 27%.
-Shown to reduce the quantity of melanin produced by 52%.
-Shown to reduce the synthesis of proteins important in melanosome transport, Rab27a, and melanophillin, by 31% and 35%, respectively.
-Shown to reduce the synthesis of Stem Cell Factor (a mediator of signaling factors of photoinduced pigmentation) by 81%.
-After 56 days of twice-daily application, shown to lighten skin spots by up to 68%.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using this after reading about it and some celebrities that were using it and all of the ones mentioned have beautiful skin.
I have only used this since Tuesday but have noticed that my skin looks more alive. I got a sample of the eye cream and that one is really good. I definitely see a difference in the lines.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
A little more info on the Whitonyl.

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/Formulation-Science/Silab-creates-skin-depigmentation-ingredient
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:57 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I just started using this after reading about it and some celebrities that were using it and all of the ones mentioned have beautiful skin.
I have only used this since Tuesday but have noticed that my skin looks more alive. I got a sample of the eye cream and that one is really good. I definitely see a difference in the lines.

Keep us updated, please, cookie. Are you using a moisturizer over it and if so, what? Thanks.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I have soooo many moisturizers but try to use one that is more natural, like Epicuren. I like the way my skin looks the next day. I saw a clip of Jennifer Lopez on Leno and her skin is just beautiful. Supposedly she is one of the celebrities that use it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |