Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: clinique moisture surge
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MR001
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:06 am      Reply with quote
We all know how much moisture means to our skin. That's the reason I search all around the internet to find a suitable moisturizer for me.
I used to have smooth skin with freckles. But after using it, it seemed the condition of my skin is worsen. My checks turn red easily, even if I don't feel extremely dry on my face. And my forehead are covered with zits. Those I think are all sights of sensitivity. I have read on the internet that the salicylic acid in the Moisture Surge actually erodes your skin, removing horniness together with healthy skin surface. That's why your skin becomes so smooth after using it. But it's actually not because of moisturizing, but erosion instead.
I don't know if the above words are true, but I don't think this moisturizer is the right one for my skin.
Unhappy indeed!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I actually have the Clinique all about eyes, their face cream you mention here,and the men's moisture gel.

I was just at the Clinique counter asking the girl about their makeup and heppen to mention that their moisturizer makes my skin feel dry after a few hours and stings my skin a bit and some girl there buying something said she had the same problem...

The Clinique counter girl insisted that people never have issues with these products or all about eyes.

I find I usually have oilyer skin and with Clinique my skin is smooth but feels dry later on.

I think I will probably go on to use another brand next, as I can only use Clinique a couple days a week.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I have just been checking into the Moisture Surge, as it sounded like a great moisturizer. I did not realize it had salicylic acid in it.

Do you have the ingredient list?

Can you two give your age or at least your decade and your skin type (oily, normal, etc)? Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I have just been checking into the Moisture Surge, as it sounded like a great moisturizer. I did not realize it had salicylic acid in it.

Do you have the ingredient list?

Can you two give your age or at least your decade and your skin type (oily, normal, etc)? Very Happy

This is a little confusing Riley there is the Moisture Surge and Moisture Surge Extra? I have ingredients for one but I think they may be for the Extra? The site has more information.

http://www0.epinions.com/review/Clinique_Moisture_Surge_Extra_Thirsty_Skin_Relief/content_100664315524
water (aqua purificata) purified, cyclomethicone, butylene glycol, glycerin, dimethicone, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, aloe barbadensis leaf water, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, trehalose, sucrose, phenyl trimethicone, sorbitol, oleth-10, carbomer, tromethamine, stearoxytrimethylsilane, dimethicone copolyol, polysorbate 20, disodium edta , phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 4 (ci 14700)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

This is a little confusing Riley there is the Moisture Surge and Moisture Surge Extra? I have ingredients for one but I think they may be for the Extra? The site has more information.

http://www0.epinions.com/review/Clinique_Moisture_Surge_Extra_Thirsty_Skin_Relief/content_100664315524
water (aqua purificata) purified, cyclomethicone, butylene glycol, glycerin, dimethicone, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, aloe barbadensis leaf water, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, trehalose, sucrose, phenyl trimethicone, sorbitol, oleth-10, carbomer, tromethamine, stearoxytrimethylsilane, dimethicone copolyol, polysorbate 20, disodium edta , phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 4 (ci 14700)

Ok. That makes sense. I didn't think I had seen the salicylic acid in it. I am checking into the one with the ingredients you posted, DM, so I guess it is the extra. Thanks. This helps!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Glad it helped Riley, from reading user comments it seems to have more of a gel type consistency?I am not sure it's as moisturizing as the name implies, but that might be what you are looking for? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Glad it helped Riley, from reading user comments it seems to have more of a gel type consistency?I am not sure it's as moisturizing as the name implies, but that might be what you are looking for? Smile

I want something moisturizing, yet not too heavy for our humid FL summers.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I want something moisturizing, yet not too heavy for our humid FL summers.

I hear you on that I can't use anything too heavy during most of the year down in the swamp like humidity either! Only if I am sleeping in the AC for a night cream. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I am 33 (and a quite young looking 30ish or so ppl think I'm in my early 20's Smile
skin is combination,sensitive,blemishes sometimes (randomly it seems,not often).

I just had the Clinique moisture surge regular one for "normal skin".
To me it reminds me a lot of silcone stuff you use for primers.

when I used moisture surge yesterday and used some mineral makeup it went on more smoothly.

I don't have the ingredients list as I bought my jar a few months ago.

If you want something light I just bought some prodducts from Derma E.

Eds does not sell that brand, it is more a "natural" and healthfood store brands.
But in Canada, it is actually rexpensive and some items are $45....
In the US, it is really cheap..like $15-25 and item.

ButI usedto use their Pycnogenol moisture gel and it has no acids and no silicone that I remember.
Next time when I run out of clinique I will buy that.
They have aricher version too.

I just tried their "Microdermabrasion recovery serum" as it sounded like a light product, without oil and no silicone and no fragrance.
I know their pycnogenol products are supposedly great antioxidants,but I tried the serum as I was looking for light moisture without the slick of silicone than kind of annoys me sometimes.

The serum is good, but I doubt it will be miraculous in anything.
It moisturizes well, and absorbs well and my skin feels nice with it.
So, for my purpose it is good. Myskin seems less red with it and felt refreshed when I put it on.

It is a 60ml bottle and lately it is aroud $20 online.

Here from my Derma E serum bottle:

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Panthenol, Allantoin, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb™) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment (Abyssine® 657) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Pinus Pinaster (Pycnogenol®) Bark Extract, Xanthan Gum, Arnica Montana 6C, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

------------
I'm actually surprized at the Clinique products sometimes. And not in a good way.
I was looking for a nwmineral makeup to try and the Clinique one actually has talc in it...which I'm trying not to use as it is drying!
That is for thepowder thatyou grind in the container.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Ottawa. I am older than you (and definitely not a young looking older!! Laughing) with more normal/dry skin.
fairy8i8
5% products discount

Fri May 21, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about long term use, but I had a guy friend who sunburned his face, and he wanted something to help with it. I told him the best thing was an excellent moisturizer and something with lots of goodies to repair his skin. This was a few years back, so I hadn't found the wealth of information on this forum yet, so what I did instead is I dragged him to Sephora and we tried different moisturizers on different parts of his face. The Clinique Moisture Surge instantly made the redness disappear and felt cool on his skin, so we used it, and it really helped him.

Now seeing the ingredients list, it may have been the caffeine constricting the blood vessels, but it was soothing to him at the time.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Unless you are anti silicone's it also has aloe and HA that would soothe skin and keeping the moisture up. Really has a pretty nice list of ingredients and it's been ages since I tried any clinique products but this looks nice. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Really has a pretty nice list of ingredients and it's been ages since I tried any clinique products but this looks nice. Very Happy

I think the ingredient list looks good, too. I decided to try the MUFE HD Elixir, but if that is a no go, I will definitely get this Clinique product.
vinco
5% products discount

Sat May 29, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin. It seems hydrating when I first applied it. But after that it dries me out and makes my face tight and dull. I personally don't like it.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
vinco wrote:
I have combination skin. It seems hydrating when I first applied it. But after that it dries me out and makes my face tight and dull. I personally don't like it.

I find their all about eyes and the moisture surge, their new face gel...

they make my skin feel oddly dehydrated after a few hours.
I also can not use these products more than 2 days in a row without getting some skin sensitivity.

I thought clinique was supposed to be for people with sensitive skin?

I'm going to try and use up what I have,

but think I will use Osea ocean lotion,
the ingredients in that seem less drying.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
This seems to be a theme with a lot of users, that the moisture surge makes people feel more dry. Interesting, as the ingredients look really good and hydrating!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:33 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This seems to be a theme with a lot of users, that the moisture surge makes people feel more dry. Interesting, as the ingredients look really good and hydrating!

Does moisture surge contain some kind of alcohol?
or maybe salicilic?

I donot have the packaging anymore and they never list ingredients online.

I also have the clinique men's face gel (they only recently got a "women's version",
but the mens isgood for travel and in a tube-no scent either.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

Does moisture surge contain some kind of alcohol?
or maybe salicilic?

These are the ingredients darkmoon posted above, Ottawa Shopper.

I am not quite sure what is in it that is making people feel more dehydrated after they use it!
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 am      Reply with quote
All about eyes can cause milia under the eyes, though it can reduce dark circles.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Moisture surge is light. I feel it may not last very long. Anyway, the brand is designed for very young skins, so it is not surprising that the brand's products are in general not greasy.
gorgmorg

Mon May 23, 2016 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Huge fan of Clinique, I just bought there foundation and its the best I have ever used, makes the skin look smooth, yet natural! I have the pregnant type glow lol.
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
the sunday reiley one cause huge breakout and irritation and I have to return it after one use, luckily sephora is willing to let me return.

the clinique one I think is only suitable for young people, I purchased it when I was 20, it definitely has a nice name but the moisturing does not last long.
krishten001

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information. Its very helpful.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if you have come across ELEMIS PRO COLLAGEN? It feels similar to Moisture Surge and seems to be well liked by the reviews I read on the internet....

Wink

rileygirl wrote:
Thank you, Ottawa. I am older than you (and definitely not a young looking older!! Laughing) with more normal/dry skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |