Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suggestions for outfit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
My son has his official graduation from college and I would like to get some input on what is appropriate. It will be held in the evening.

Are dress pants fine to wear? And what color is appropriate?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations to your son, Riley. I attend a law school graduation every year, because that's where I work, and I think you'll be fine in dress pants. In fact, you'll probably be better dressed than most of the faculty and graduates. Cool
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Skippie. My son actually graduated back in January (and then got a job teaching at the school!), but I still think the actual ceremony is an important one. It will just be a little humorous that he works there and is graduating from there!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Your son must have had a good record as a student to be hired back to teach. Will he be marching as faculty or student?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Your son must have had a good record as a student to be hired back to teach. Will he be marching as faculty or student?

I am assuming student! I guess I will find out that night! Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I agree - Pants will be fine. (I am 14 years at a college and part of graduation ceremonies).

I would wear a nice top and cute jacket over - you'll feel and look great.

You can't go wrong lookin good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Sis. I'll start my search for my outfit next weekend!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Hey Rileygirl,
You must be very proud of your son! What is he teaching?

Graduation is so important. What do you feel comfortable wearing? Black pants and jacket with monochromatic top/blouse or multi-colored top is always very classic and well suited for such engagements. I think a sandal with a mid-level heel would also be comfortable and appropriate. I'm always looking for a good reason to get a manicure/pedicure!!

I tend to be a tad conservative in my "dressy" attire and that may be due to my midwestern roots. But, black -- especially linen or silk -- tends to be a winner for me.

Let us know what you decide. And, congratulations on your son's graduation!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:42 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hey Rileygirl,
You must be very proud of your son! What is he teaching?

Graduation is so important. What do you feel comfortable wearing? Black pants and jacket with monochromatic top/blouse or multi-colored top is always very classic and well suited for such engagements. I think a sandal with a mid-level heel would also be comfortable and appropriate. I'm always looking for a good reason to get a manicure/pedicure!!

I tend to be a tad conservative in my "dressy" attire and that may be due to my midwestern roots. But, black -- especially linen or silk -- tends to be a winner for me.

Let us know what you decide. And, congratulations on your son's graduation!!

Hi, Kims. That actually sounds perfect. I am on the conservative side, as well (midwestern roots for me too!) and I think that sounds like a classy outfit.

He teaches the CNC machines (manufacturing) and programming for the machines.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I agree, dark pants, white or cream top, and jacket, some nice jewelry, and sandals. They have the cutest styles out in jackets now with ruffles, love that style. Also loved the ruffled tops that are out, if you do something like that then no need for anything but a bracelet. I think sandals make a conservative outfit more current too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:
I agree, dark pants, white or cream top, and jacket, some nice jewelry, and sandals. They have the cutest styles out in jackets now with ruffles, love that style. Also loved the ruffled tops that are out, if you do something like that then no need for anything but a bracelet. I think sandals make a conservative outfit more current too.

Thank you secretly. I was thinking instead of a jacket to go for one of those drapey cardigans in black. Almost have decided on the outfit, but not 100% sure yet!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Thank you secretly. I was thinking instead of a jacket to go for one of those drapey cardigans in black. Almost have decided on the outfit, but not 100% sure yet!

I agree with the consensus of black slacks and light top. I think your idea of a soft drapey cardigan is perfect especially in Florida! I wore similar outfits to 2 graduations so far and felt very comfortable in my choice. It is just what I consider a very classic look. Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |