Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facelift or Borox and fillers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dreamskin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering what everyone thinks about either having a facelift or getting Botox and fillers? I was looking at the photo gallery for a very well known P.S. here in Perth and I am not sure if the women wouldn't have had as good a result with injectables? Any opinions?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think it depends on how "aged" one is. But it is always good to start with the less invasive options IF they can address the issues at hand.

5% products discount

Sat May 01, 2010 12:07 am      Reply with quote
From what I've observed I'd say Botox, while not permanent, have much better results that facelifts. The probability of a facelift leading to unsatisfactory (or disastrous) results is relatively high, plus it's irreversible.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I would base that on your precise complaints and degree or depth of wrinkles.
Using botox and fillers has worked for me and I am happy with that. But it can be costly to do it twice a year for many years.
I may get to a point that I may consider a lift down the road.
I am able to get by with a liquid lift just once a year, but this might change.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Borox will not help your skin Laughing
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think it will depend on how old you are, how much sagging you have, and how much "generalized wrinkling"

If your skin is REALLY sagging and you have a lot of wrinkling (imagine your cheeks are wrinkled) then I think a facelift would get you results (which you might have to combine with botox and fillers anyways)

If your skin is not sagging that much and most of your wrinkles are dynamic and you only see loss of volume in certain areas, then Botox + fillers is the thing for you.

I am hoping I won't need a face lift till I'm 50... in the meantime I can handle wrinkles with Botox + fillers if I feel like I need them.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm hoping I don't need a facelift for another 15 years.
Prevention:
Facial exercise ladies - check out Deb Crowley and Carole Maggio, Lea Eigard and Eva Frasier - still a beauty at 80.

I have had fillers in the NL and and now I don't need them. My lips are full and pouty too - all naturally.

Other best tips:

Recommend dry brushing for the face.
Massage is good too.
Use of Copper peptides daily
Other forms of good skin care: C serums and retin A a few times a week also.
A quality physical sunscreen and don't forget your hands.
Hydrate with H2O and keep up with your fruits and veggies.

I do dermarolling for increased penetration of products but still too new to recommend but I believe it's a worthwhile venture).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I'm hoping I don't need a facelift for another 15 years.
Prevention:
Facial exercise ladies - check out Deb Crowley and Carole Maggio, Lea Eigard and Eva Frasier - still a beauty at 80.

I have had fillers in the NL and and now I don't need them. My lips are full and pouty too - all naturally.

I agree with 100% Sis on the facial exercise...whether you choose to do an exercise program, or something like Safetox (more $$$, but works for lazy people like me). I personally don't think anything can replace Botox, but facial exercise reversed my need for a bleph and ML fillers at the moment (and hopefully for years to come!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
That is great news Bethany. I like Prevention and preventive medicine. I can't say I won't want to do something invasive someday but I really don't see it for a long time and I'm happy to put it off as long as possible. It seems like a slippery slope once you get going.
Plus -
I see too many women (all over the news shows) with frozen face and filler syndrome. It's so plastic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
That is great news Bethany. I like Prevention and preventive medicine. I can't say I won't want to do something invasive someday but I really don't see it for a long time and I'm happy to put it off as long as possible. It seems like a slippery slope once you get going.
Plus -
I see too many women (all over the news shows) with frozen face and filler syndrome. It's so plastic.

I have to agree...everywhere I look I see these "liquid facelifts" and they are soooo NOT good looking!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I had a mini-lift, eye lift, neck lift and all I can say is... there is nothing like botox!!!!!! Laughing
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really loving the Tua Viso, Pretika Light Sonic LED and HRT. Will hopefully switch to bioidenticals soon. That is me though. From what I've seen of liquid face lifts they look good on some people but on others a waste of $$.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think to actually get a difference out of fillers from what I've heard you need more than you think and more than you want to spend for something that is very temporary.

I had no idea until recently that botox did such a good job of lifting an area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I think to actually get a difference out of fillers from what I've heard you need more than you think and more than you want to spend for something that is very temporary.

For my eye area, botox does not really lift, but erases wrinkles instantly. I think I would have not done the eyelid surgery thing with all its nightmares if I knew that all I needed was botox to erase the wrinkles. I've heard that botox or another filler can be used on the brow area to lift the upper eyelid.

The mini-lift did almost nothing for my nasiolabial folds and my surgeon used my own fat on the area anyway.
To be fair, I did like the neck-lift results or better: it did make a huge difference.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Someone had a video clip of a journalist who researched botox and fillers. She met with Dr. Brandt as part of the project. This video is where I found out that botox lifts some muscle as well as paralyzing. Very interesting substance. It is also where I found out that you usually need a lot more filler than you might expect in terms of quantity and price to achieve the result you want.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Yep...the lifting ability is really dependent on the skill of the injector and the placement of the injections.

It will also lift your "cupid's bow" and make your upper lip look fuller if you use 2 units right in the middle, and 2 units on each outer side.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Is 2 units a lot or a little? Seems like an ouchy area for injections.

Used to dislike my full lips when I was young, now I'm thrilled. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Is 2 units a lot or a little? Seems like an ouchy area for injections.

Used to dislike my full lips when I was young, now I'm thrilled. Laughing

2 units is a very small amount. And enjoy the full lips...thin lips say OLD, so you are already ahead of the game! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
And I also heard that they use botox now for the neck.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |