Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
GGRR...Obagi sunscreen....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm out of town and I thought I was not going to have a lot of free (outside) time so I brought my Obagi sunscreen with me.

I did bring my other sunscreen but that's for running so it's really sticky and gross but sweatproof and very effective!

Anyways... so I spend the whole day inside today... the only thing I do is take a 20 min walk at 4 o'clock (i.e. sun not so strong) and I come back to the hotel and my skin is all red and feels a little bit like burning!!

I have never used the Obagi sunscreen during "spring time" (I used it this winter a couple of days) but I was so surprised at how badly it worked!

I don't know if anyone had similar experiences with this sunscreen (I'm using the "Sunfader" I don't know if Obagi has other kinds) but it does not seem like it's meant for sunny day!!

GRRR... my skin has been looking so great lately I hope I didn't ruin all the progress!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Josee,
While doing the Nuderm program, I used Sunfader as directed, but always used the Obagi Sunscreen as my last step. I always got the impression that Sunfader was never meant to be used solely as a sunscreen (although it has spf 15) and also contains hydroquinone as well.

I hope you didn't get burned. We work so hard to prevent it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know what is the Sunfader for, but I use it anyway since I paid for it. I always apply a strong sunblock after the Sunfader, outdoors or indoors. I use Biotherm and I really love it, don't know if it's physical or not, but it's the only one that does not make my face look ugly from the dryness from all the Obagi products.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Josee, has it expired?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
The Sunfader is horrible and a lot of people have a reaction to it. That is one of Obagi's worst products. If you want to try an Obagi sunscreen, get their physical one. That one works well. (The Obagi Sunfader is for skin bleaching and not supposed to be used to prevent sunburn, just an FYI.)
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
The Sunfader was not expired Smile

I know it's not meant to be like a "proper" sunscreen but with 15 SPF you would think I wouldn't be all red-faced after a 30 min walk Sad

I'm still red btw Sad

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
The Sunfader was not expired Smile

I know it's not meant to be like a "proper" sunscreen but with 15 SPF you would think I wouldn't be all red-faced after a 30 min walk Sad

I'm still red btw Sad

LOL! I'm sorry. I cannot stand the Sunfader. That also makes me very red. Slam some zinc oxide on your face and you will be all better! Very Happy
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Well of course I get home and my husband (who never notices anything really) takes one look at me and says... "you caught some sun, eh?"

Crying or Very sad

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |