Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can Safetox help with nasolabial folds?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
[ Admin: This topic has been split from http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38227&sid=9be596e448cb454d56135cb9f3e23b22 ]
---

bethany wrote:
RickR wrote:
I am wondering - maybe it is normal for people of all ages to have such folds? I haven't stared at people and I am not sure what is normal when it comes to nasolabial folds...

It is far more common in people who are showing the signs of aging...their bone and skin structure is changing and things start "sliding" more toward the center of their face. There are nasiolabial lines, marionette lines, etc.

Read up on facial exercising to learn about why it happens, and how to correct it. I no longer get filler in my MLs because of facial exercise, though I personally use the Safetox instead of an exercise program (though I have several of those too).

There a lot of facial exercise threads on the Tools subforum, such as FlexEffect, Ageless, Carol Maggio, etc.

bethany, can Safetox be used for NL folds?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
bethany wrote:
RickR wrote:
I am wondering - maybe it is normal for people of all ages to have such folds? I haven't stared at people and I am not sure what is normal when it comes to nasolabial folds...

It is far more common in people who are showing the signs of aging...their bone and skin structure is changing and things start "sliding" more toward the center of their face. There are nasiolabial lines, marionette lines, etc.

Read up on facial exercising to learn about why it happens, and how to correct it. I no longer get filler in my MLs because of facial exercise, though I personally use the Safetox instead of an exercise program (though I have several of those too).

There a lot of facial exercise threads on the Tools subforum, such as FlexEffect, Ageless, Carol Maggio, etc.

Based on this chart, yes. The link below is for types of wrinkles (which are labeled in french). http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/index.html

If you click on the NL lines, it says:

Quote:
Prominent nasolabial fold (wrinkles btw nose and mouth)

Everyone has the two creases that run alongside the sides of the nose obliquely down to the comers of the mouth. They become more prominent as we get older because of a slackening of the cutaneous tissue and loss of muscle tone and this is often accompanied by drooping mouth corners.

These combined effects cause the central part of the face to appear sad and old.

The action of Safetox on the rear muscles restores their dominant role. The posterior auricular muscles draw the skin on the lower part of the face towards the rear.

To rectify prominent nasolabial folds, the full action of Safetox is required in order to restore and even accentuate the dominant role of the posterior muscles. A minimum of one or two sessions per day for 3 months is required, followed by 2 or 3 sessions per week to maintain the effect.

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/prominent-nasolabial-fold-wrinkles-btw-nose-and-mouth-5.html

However, that timeframe is using the 1 point electrode treatment. The ML line treatment has the same 3 month timeline for treatment, but when I started using the 3 point treatment that Mpstat came up with, I saw significant improvement my ML lines in 2 WEEKS!! Shock (Tonia did as well...you can read about it on the Safetox thread.)

I actually saw MORE improvement in 2 weeks than I did in a couple of months with Ageless, which is shocking. And I would assume that NL folds would also resolve as well, but it could take longer if they are very deep.

Safetox is definitely more expensive than $10 Ageless or $100 FlexEffect. But the difference for me is that I actually ENJOY using it because you just lay there, lol. Embarassed (I nap or read a mag) Plus it gets rid of headaches! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
bethany wrote:
RickR wrote:

Based on this chart, yes. The link below is for types of wrinkles (which are labeled in french). http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/index.html

If you click on the NL lines, it says:

Quote:
Prominent nasolabial fold (wrinkles btw nose and mouth)

Everyone has the two creases that run alongside the sides of the nose obliquely down to the comers of the mouth. They become more prominent as we get older because of a slackening of the cutaneous tissue and loss of muscle tone and this is often accompanied by drooping mouth corners.

These combined effects cause the central part of the face to appear sad and old.

The action of Safetox on the rear muscles restores their dominant role. The posterior auricular muscles draw the skin on the lower part of the face towards the rear.

To rectify prominent nasolabial folds, the full action of Safetox is required in order to restore and even accentuate the dominant role of the posterior muscles. A minimum of one or two sessions per day for 3 months is required, followed by 2 or 3 sessions per week to maintain the effect.

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/prominent-nasolabial-fold-wrinkles-btw-nose-and-mouth-5.html

However, that timeframe is using the 1 point electrode treatment. The ML line treatment has the same 3 month timeline for treatment, but when I started using the 3 point treatment that Mpstat came up with, I saw significant improvement my ML lines in 2 WEEKS!! Shock (Tonia did as well...you can read about it on the Safetox thread.)

I actually saw MORE improvement in 2 weeks than I did in a couple of months with Ageless, which is shocking. And I would assume that NL folds would also resolve as well, but it could take longer if they are very deep.

Safetox is definitely more expensive than $10 Ageless or $100 FlexEffect. But the difference for me is that I actually ENJOY using it because you just lay there, lol. Embarassed (I nap or read a mag) Plus it gets rid of headaches! Very Happy

Very interesting - I wonder how it works in conjunction with facial exercise?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
bethany wrote:

Very interesting - I wonder how it works in conjunction with facial exercise?

Sis, this is from a Q&A that we just did with Safetox (see other questions on the Safetox thread). This is their opinion, but I am sure the facial exercise experts would not necessarily agree.

Quote:
Q4. What impact does doing facial exercises that target frontal muscles have on the muscles when also using the Safetox. (does it diminish the benefit of the Safetox?) FYI...facial exercise programs include FlexEffect, Eva Fraiser, Carol Maggio, etc.

Frontal facial muscle exercises are counterproductive. Only lower facial muscles exercises could be of some interest. So, you can have muscle exercises for the lower part of your face. But above the eyes the muscles exercises and contraction are increasing the lines. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29913&start=725 (page 30)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets - it works fine. I am doing facial exercises, and Safetox 3 point treatment. With 3 point treatment I did cut back on forehead exercises, and was watching if I would get adverse effects, but this combo worked for me. I have been keeping up with it since then.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Do you do the Safetox everyday? Do they describe the 3-point mthod or is this your own thing? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Do you do the Safetox everyday? Do they describe the 3-point mthod or is this your own thing? Thanks.

Mpstat came up with the 3 Point treatment, but the Safetox doctor/engineer was very impressed and said that it could only improve results...they will be testing it themselves in their lab.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Beth.

That's awesome about the 3 point approach! Way to go mpstat - Why am I not surprised.

I don't do forehead exercises anyway - just brow lifting from FE - my focus has tended to be mid to lower face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 6:17 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Mpstat came up with the 3 Point treatment, but the Safetox doctor/engineer was very impressed and said that it could only improve results...they will be testing it themselves in their lab.

bethany, what are the 3 points?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

bethany, what are the 3 points?

Here you go...discussion on this starts on about page 23 of the Safetox thread.

The 2 additional points focus primarily on the frontalis, and the original one focused on the procerus, the corrugators, and the frontalis via the first 2 muscles. But the additional 2 points can NOT take the place of the orginal point, because Safetox feels that the center of the "closing" of the face is the procerus (the 11's muscle).

Toby wrote:
The arrows are not for the purpose of this topic just look at the big black circles for the placement points....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
wow I just checked the site....and the Safetox is awefully expensive! Shock 24000euro! So did it work 4u bethany? I know u r gonna say it does lol Laughing Guess I won't be investing in it as it's too expensive. BTW, what's the difference between the Safetox and just facial exercise? Confused
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
wow I just checked the site....and the Safetox is awefully expensive! Shock 24000euro! So did it work 4u bethany? I know u r gonna say it does lol Laughing Guess I won't be investing in it as it's too expensive. BTW, what's the difference between the Safetox and just facial exercise? Confused

Stardustdy, it's 240 euro, not 24 thousand Very Happy

bethany, I just want to clarify, so you beleive that doing this 3 point Safetox treatment can significantly improve the NL folds in, say, 2 weeks if they are not deep ??
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
bethany, I just want to clarify, so you beleive that doing this 3 point Safetox treatment can significantly improve the NL folds in, say, 2 weeks if they are not deep ??

I honestly do not know firsthand what they will do to NLs, as I have MLs. But I think Tonia *may* have NLs and saw improvement in about 2 weeks....I would look through the Safetox thread from page 23 on and see what she said.

And keep in mind that while I saw significant improvement in 2 weeks, my MLs were NOT gone. However, at 7 weeks I am definitely approaching gone! Very Happy

But I will compare MY personal Safetox ML experience to the following:
- 4 Fraxel treatments did nothing for sagging for me (and cost way more than the Safetox!)
- Dermarolling did nothing for sagging for me
- Filler made my ML's look puffy, and not in a good way!
- Ageless did accomplish some of what Safetox did, but 3 months of Ageless results = about 2 weeks of Safetox. I think you could obtain the same results but it would just take MUCH longer.
- Safetox has actually done much more for me than just my MLs (see the Safetox thread for the update I posted last night...page 30 I think.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
BTW, what's the difference between the Safetox and just facial exercise? Confused

Stardusty,

Safetox relaxes (or sort of numbs) the upper frontal muscles so that the muscles on the back of the head become more dominent. That results in a pulling of the facial mucles up and back so that eyes are lifted, marionette lines and nasiolabial lines are reduced, etc. And the relaxation of the forehead muscles also causes the wrinkles to smooth out.

Facial exercise can do similar things...it just more effort, and takes longer (based on my personal experience).

I think the choice comes down to a few things:
- Cost: Ageless $10, FlexEffect $120, Safetox about $300 when I bought it (ok, so I have all 3 Embarassed )
- Which method you are most likely to use regularly
- The types of problems you are trying to solve
- The speed at which you want to see results (you can get forehead lines softened within 5 mins of using the Safetox)
- Whether or not you have concerns about possible creating more lines through facial exercise (some people believe you can, others don't...it's a personal choice)

But honestly, I think they are both great options. I have tried a ton of products since coming to EDS, and both Safetox and facial exercise are 2 things that I can rave about. And ultimately I think I may end up doing a combination of both! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to post my question on the other Safetox thread.
Miffny
5% products discount

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 am      Reply with quote
I am so interested in this my main concerns are ns/lines
So if this is really something that works it would be amazing.I flex & have been for years it works on some places but not the ns/lines
Anyone taken before & after pics ??
Miffny
5% products discount

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

I have searched yet cannot seem to find a "Safetox thread".
havana8

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Miffny wrote:
packratmack wrote:

I have searched yet cannot seem to find a "Safetox thread".

Here we go: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29913 Smile
gnc555

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I just joined this amazing forum. What a group! So much information and so forthcoming and generous. So anyone wants to Safetox that is not working for them?

5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I started using safetox about a month go (just one point method). My main concern was my 11 lines which are beginning to look permanent.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if I was seeing any improvement (to be honest I wasn't expecting anything for a while) but after about three weeks I stopped as I had a really hectic week and just couldn't find the time to do them consistently so decided to stop till things calmed down.

A few days after the break from safetox I looked into my bathroom mirror, and moved the mirror to the position that I use when analysing my face and was horrified to see that my 11's were really deep and pronounced. The last time I looked they were there but much much fainter.

I'm back on using it regularly, now with the 3 point method and tac gel, and after about three days it's back to the faint lines again. So in my opinion it definitely works, even if initially it's temporary.

I am also doing Ageless, but only work the cheeks, lips and neck. They seem to be working well together, and I see definite improvements and lifting all over my face, for a short period after using them. I hope that these benefits become more permanent.

Safetox is expensive but after the initial outlay and with the tac gel - the electrodes last much, much longer - the cost compared to regular botox (which I used to have but can't afford anymore) is considerably lower.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |