Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Update on "How I got rid of my wrinkles"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. Remember how I got rid of some fine but obvious undereye wrinkles with IS Clinical Youth Complex and SA's Bright-I? I was using both, Bright-I at night, and they literally vanished within about five months. After a few months, I decided to see if there was synchronicity here or whether it was one or the other. So... after three months of Bright-I alone, the wrinkles began to show up again (but way less than previously). I went back to both products for two months, and they disappeared again. I then used only the ISCYC and they vanished completely. I am back to using both as the peptide-full ISCYC is clearly having a dramatic, if temporary effect. (Temporary in the sense that I must keep using it.) The Bright-I has so much good stuff in it that I believe it has a long-term benefit. In any event I am now completely wrinkle free again and will be 60 in less than two years.
Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds awesome, Antonia! Thanks for the update. My under eye area is really bothersome to me so I may need to give these products a try!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I just read that and I've reported inaccurately ( just had a liquid lunch for Don's b-day...) Bad Grin After using both and losing all the wrinkles, I used Bright-I on its own, the lines came back a little, so I went straight to using the ISC on its own and they went. I then started using them both together, which is where this whole story started. For two weeks I used the Bright-I with some Burt's Bees stuff to which I added carnosine but this didn't get rid of the fine lines that were returning. Only the ISC did (but its effect is obviously temporary as the wrinkles would have left permanently when I used only the Bright-I). Does that make sense? Nothing makes sense to me at the moment... Rolling Eyes Bad Grin Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
So, using both of them together is the key? Do you mind sharing your protocol? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, do you use/ have used Retin-A? And if so, what is your take on it?
Thanks in advance
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I understood, but after reading the clarification I'm confused. Seems the ISC alone would suffice?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
My apologies for the confusion, Hermosa.

When I used both products, my wrinkles disappeared completely. I then wanted to find out if this was due to either one or both.

First, I used only the Bright-I and the wrinkles came back a little after 2.5 months.

I then switched to the ISC only and they went again - completely - within two weeks.

I would therefore say that the ISC is the product that gets rid of them, but only temporarily. Since I believe that the Bright-I is about the best product out there for wrinkle prevention/treatment in the long run, I will continue on with both products.

Keep in mind though that there are many causes and contributions to wrinkles and what may be affected or lacking in my skin that responds to the ISC and Bright-I may not necessarily be the cause of wrinkles in another person's skin.

I'll stick some pics on my blog as soon as I can tie Don down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kims and Margarett, sorry, I missed your questions. I use Retin-A three times a week and hope that what the derms say is true, that it can help build collagen over the long term.

Here's my current protocol for the undereye area.

Every night, Bright-I. Three times a week, Retin A under the Bright-I (applied half an hour before).

Every morning, Dermalogica MAP-15 then, 15 minutes later, ISC Clinical Youth Complex. 15 mins after this, Anthelios 30 sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Kims and Margarett, sorry, I missed your questions. I use Retin-A three times a week and hope that what the derms say is true, that it can help build collagen over the long term.

Every night, Bright-I. Three times a week, Retin A under the Bright-I (applied half an hour before).

Every morning, Dermalogica MAP-15 then, 15 minutes later, ISC Clinical Youth Complex. 15 mins after this, Anthelios 30 sunscreen.

Antonia, just curious, have you considered switching to the new IS Clinical Youth Eye Complex instead of the regular Youth Complex? What do you think of the eye complex as compared to the youth?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jom, I have the Eye Serum here in my hot little hand! I'm going to start using it next week. I'll keep everyone posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

Thank you, Antonia.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
One more question and a comment, Antonia. I just read in your blog and in your other post that you are also taking bio-identical hormones, which makes a big difference on one's mature skin and that you are also taking Omega's in the form of salmon oil, which also makes an enormous difference, I know that for experience. My question is, you also seemed to have used TNS serum in the past (the expensive one), do you think IS Clinical is far superior than the TNS serum?

And let me congratulate you -of course- on the way you look; it's amazing!
Cazziek
5% products discount

Tue May 11, 2010 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Antonia for the update. I remember you from MMH, you were just as incredibly helpful on that site....we were so lost when you seem to have disappeared on us....lol...just glad to have found you on here.

If you could purchase just one of the two products (Bright I or ISYCS) for your under eye lines, which would you buy? I'm considering trying the Youth Serum...

Last question: I think you mentioned purchasing the ISYCS from EDS but exactly which one was it...because I searched and found nothing listed as IS Youth Complex Serum. I did see IS products but didn't know exactly which one you referred to. Sorry if you've already provided clarity on this. Please advise?

P.S. I'm totally shocked that you are the age that you quoted...wow! You look AMAZING!!!!
Cazziek
5% products discount

Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up viewing the IS site and found that I can purchase this youth serum locally. Have no idea of pricing yet. From what I've read it's quite expensive but lasts about six months? How much on EDS and quantity? Still couldn't find it on here.

Hm...after a bit of further research, I found that this product sells for around $135 USD for about 1-oz....OUCH!!!! I'm going to rethink this one.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Cazziek. What is the MMH site? and to everyone...are there any downsides to the IS Clinical serums? are they ok for sensitive skin? thanks Harriet
Sycamore
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am new here and also not a native speaker, so forgive me for the language.
I also use ISCYC, and it is a wonderful moisturizer due to its hyaluronic acid content. HA wets the skin as no other ingredient does, that is why it seems to reduce lines. It actually does not, but as long as you use the product, the lines do not manifest. Taking HA supplements give the skin a similar glow, and the two together (HA serum plus the supplement) can take ten years off your face. There are different views on this magic potion, whether it does harm you on the long run or not, but at the moment I cannot live without it, it is so potent.
I have read everything about in on the Internet, and even though Dr. Pickard (the copper peptide guy) hates HA, other researchers admire it. The guy who started the commercial use of the fountain of youth is about ninety years old and looks pretty decent. I am certainly not sure if he takes HA on a daily basis, but I take it he does. His name is Endre Balazs.
There was an ABC report about a Japanese village where people live on a special diet that increases HA in the body. They lived longer than the average Japanese folks, looked better and needed no reading glasses.
Sorry to be long, but I love HA, and try to figure out as much as possible about it.
As for ISCYC, I guess other HA serums that are much cheaper may be able to do the job as well.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
MMH is the MakeMeHeal forum.

Margarett, I did not think TNS was any better than any other product. It smelled weird but so do a lot of products.

Cazziek. I became too busy with my blog...sorry about that! I can't really say which of the two I would prefer to purchase as both are great and support the appearance of the undereye. The Bright-I is way less expensive but it doesn't have that immediate plumping effect. When I wrote "Youth Serum" I should have written "Youth Complex." I bought mine on eBay for about $25 cheaper.

Thanks for the comments about looking younger. I keep the weight down, practise CR (calorie restriction)at 1250 a day as well and study a lot of biochemistry as bed-time reading. With the exception of the skin on the front/inside of my upper arms, I don't see or feel any signs of aging. I'm actually quite shocked with the arm thing as it doesn't seem to go with the rest of me, lol! It's like someone transplanted a far older person's arms on my trunk. I have sunbathed in the past (but never on the face , neck or chest) so I'm guessing I am now paying the price.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
wow, i love a story like yours. It's great to know that it's possible to be wrinkle free at 60 (or close to it). You're my inspiration. I also appreciate your update. I will have to look for the IS Clinical product you mentioned more seriously.
Cazziek
5% products discount

Wed May 12, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I want to be like you when I grow up Antonia Very Happy
Thanks for such quick response...no need whatsoever to be sorry about anything...that's more than understandable...and you gave so much of yourself to helping us on that mmh board...so many of the same questions can be very draining (that's not your statement, just mine Smile ). Infact, it is because of you that I do regular facial peels and I've never looked better...so thank you soooo much! I just need to get rid of the fine lines beneath eyes.

In an early post I read that you pencil in half your brow, and that you also use a "white" color to appear as hair. Can you please share what kind of "white" are you referring to (white pencil or powder)? And then use the brown on top? Or is this all in your blog? I have hardly any brows. I pencil or powder them in but they always come out looking crazy fake.

So, is the Youth Complex basically just another HA, as the other poster mentioned? If so, I can certainly find much cheaper versions. Just wondered as $135 or so, is very steep for such small quantity. I will consider checking on ebay.

Sorry for all the questions.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sycamore wrote:
Hi all,
I am new here and also not a native speaker, so forgive me for the language.
I also use ISCYC, and it is a wonderful moisturizer due to its hyaluronic acid content. HA wets the skin as no other ingredient does, that is why it seems to reduce lines. It actually does not, but as long as you use the product, the lines do not manifest. Taking HA supplements give the skin a similar glow, and the two together (HA serum plus the supplement) can take ten years off your face. There are different views on this magic potion, whether it does harm you on the long run or not, but at the moment I cannot live without it, it is so potent.
I have read everything about in on the Internet, and even though Dr. Pickard (the copper peptide guy) hates HA, other researchers admire it. The guy who started the commercial use of the fountain of youth is about ninety years old and looks pretty decent. I am certainly not sure if he takes HA on a daily basis, but I take it he does. His name is Endre Balazs.
There was an ABC report about a Japanese village where people live on a special diet that increases HA in the body. They lived longer than the average Japanese folks, looked better and needed no reading glasses.
Sorry to be long, but I love HA, and try to figure out as much as possible about it.
As for ISCYC, I guess other HA serums that are much cheaper may be able to do the job as well.

Sycamore,

Your English sounds better than many native speakers! Thanks for the tips...I may look into the HA supps, as well as things that naturally increase HA.

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Just one more remark. IsClinical products are definitely better than plain HA serums as they do contain some nice ingredients. I use Is Clinical Youth complex alternately with a very simple gel called Curiosin. Curiosin is available in pharmacies in my country. It contains HA and zinc, this is it. It is developed for wound healing. On Curiosin days I also use emu oil. With IsClinical you definitely do not need that, and my skin may look a tiny bit better, but hard to tell. Curionsan costs 9 dollars.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sycamore wrote:
Just one more remark. IsClinical products are definitely better than plain HA serums as they do contain some nice ingredients. I use Is Clinical Youth complex alternately with a very simple gel called Curiosin. Curiosin is available in pharmacies in my country. It contains HA and zinc, this is it. It is developed for wound healing. On Curiosin days I also use emu oil. With IsClinical you definitely do not need that, and my skin may look a tiny bit better, but hard to tell. Curionsan costs 9 dollars.

Very interesting...it is also used as an acne treatment and prevents scarring!

5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2010 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Can you tell me if you people are talking about the IS Clinical Youth Complex or the IS Clinical Youth Eye Complex they are completely different
Sycamore
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Well, actually I use IsClinical Youth Complex.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |