Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Reccomend a Healing face oil..no idea what to get?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am looking for some reccomendation on a face oil.
I reccently had a very bad fall and had scraped theskinoff my upper lip and chin.
My skin is healed but still red looking right now.

I am looking to try a skin oil, but no idea where to start.
I tried asking at the drugstore today (a high end store that has a "premium" cosmetic section-they sell Lancome,Clarins ect...).
No help at that store.

I have a sample of Clarins Lotus oil, it is ok bought the full size oneages ago, used it up, not crazy about it. Also expensive.

I saw Decleor has some oils, they seem good but not sure if they are worth getting.

I also have here some samples of Abbey st Clare Rosehip serum, and Carrot repair serum.
Those seem good so far and are made all with essential oils and cost around $30for 30ml.
That price seems ok.

I saw Bio oil at the store ages ago, but then when I wentto read the label it was made with PARRAFIN...do not really want to put that on my face.

I have somewhat dry and oily,breakout proneskin.
Overall my skin is nice, even though it is sensitive. I'm going to use up my random oils-but not really sure what I should order in a few weeks.

Any suggestions for something under $75, under $50 would be better for my budget.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tamanu oil is very anti inflammatory and has proven scar reducing abilities. Emu oil is also very healing (though it comes from a bird and is not suitable for vegetarians).

I personally use tamanu more than emu oil these days...it takes the redness out of a pimple faster than anything else I have tried.

Here is an overview of tamanu oil:
http://www.medicinehunter.com/tamanu.htm

And here are some options for buying tamanu (and many may carry emu as well):

http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/416s.htm

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/3779005.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I like SkinBiology's emu oil for a healing oil. It has antioxidents added such as vit.E and CoQ10.

I'm sure the Rosehip and Carrot serums you have would be beneficial also.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
I like SkinBiology's emu oil for a healing oil. It has antioxidents added such as vit.E and CoQ10.

You could also use some olive oil. It has many antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
brierrose wrote:

You could also use some olive oil. It has many antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.

I will try and put some olive oil on my arm...I have super dry skin there and seem to be allergic to bandaids and medical tape that was onmy arm.
My skin is dry, itchy and burning.
My regular body lotion only helps a bit...
I am not lucky...

Not sure I want to get Emu oil..not keen on the idea of putting bird oil on my face, just like I do not put bacon on my face either.
I do not eat much meat actually...

The carrot and rosehip serum I am using seems to help, my skin is looking only red now and no longer all scratched and cut up Smile
But I think the using of polysporin onmy face made me break out a bit...so now battling that.

But was able to use a whitening mask todayand my skin looks much nicer!

I think I need to buy less cosmetics...lol, if that is possible Bad Grin
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
its not an oil, but i've been using the phyto-c pro-heal serum for a week now. it has vitamin e, c, and a. its to heal acne and rosacea... i have no acne nor rosacea but just want to try it to see if it did anything. i'm kinda liking it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/phyto-c-pro-heal-serum-p_12098.htm
Description
Treatment with powerful healing antioxidants to restore and protect the skin against UV damage. In addition, promotes healing and used for treatment of acne and rosacea. Promotes collagen production and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

The Vitamin C will oxidize and darken with time. This oxidation is natural and will not significantly alter the efficacy of this product.

Useage
Apply daily in the morning. Apply gently2-3 drops on fingertips and smooth evenly over the face, neck and chest.

You may experience a slight tingling sensation when using this product. This sensation is normal and will diminish with time. For external use only. Avoid direct contact with eyes. Store in a dark and cool place.

Ingredients
Water, L-Ascorbic Acid, SD Alcohol, Laureth-4, Zinc Sulfate, Alpha Tocopherol(Vitamin E), Retinol(Vitamin A), Oleuropein(Standardized Olive Leaves Extract), Kojic Acid, Arbutin Glycoside, Soluble Bioflavonoids, Phenoxyethanol.

or you may want to try phyto-c velvet gel which is used for surgical healing.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/phyto-c-velvet-gel-p_12093.htm

Description
Phyto-C Velvet Gel is supported by a brand new clinical study which cites its ability to promote and encourage healing, provides unsurpassed antioxidant protection, as well as sunburned skin. This extraordinary formulation combines with other clinically proven active ingredients for your skin post-procedural healing.

Useage
Twice daily, use fingertips and apply 2-3 drops to the problematic skin area. For optimal results apply over Phyto-C serums. Follow with sunscreen and B5 Gel or moisturizer of choice.

For external use only. Avoid direct contact with eyes. Store in a dark and cool place.

Ingredients
Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Alpha-Tocopherol, Retinol, Vitamin B12, Caffeine, Arginine, Glutamine, Taurine, Lysine, Glutamine, N-Acetyl Carnitine and Pentapeptide.

good luck!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like a nice serum, but not too sure I want to spend that much at the moment.

I am thinking of getting Osea ocean lotion-it sounds so nice,
and Weleda burn gel.

Weleda wounda care is great, my skinned fingers hurt much less after I used the balm and that is amazing as I have had bad finger pain the past 2 weeks and always icing my 2 fingers...
Now, no need to ice my fingers.

Weleda burn care smells yucky though..like baby powder and vitamin like.
still I will rebuy that item and might get some for family too!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
i'm more concerned about the scrape on your face... i just hate any type of scarring.

if all else fails, try contacting EDS and ask them. they have experts on staff.

now that i'm older i'm less likely to gamble with my skin... i try to go for the high end stuff... or the clinical stuff.

i'm sure EDS can help you.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
i'm more concerned about the scrape on your face... i just hate any type of scarring.

if all else fails, try contacting EDS and ask them. they have experts on staff.

now that i'm older i'm less likely to gamble with my skin... i try to go for the high end stuff... or the clinical stuff.

i'm sure EDS can help you.

Hi,
thanks for the reply!
I try to buy a mix of sort of high end and also some health food store brands.

(I like Jason body wash, and derma E body stuff...don't plan on changing that too much).

I think the EDS staff suggested a Jurlique serum-I have the reply email they sent.

My skin is actually doing quit well, my faceskin is smooth rightnow and I just have a bunch of red spots that my mineralmakeup is covering well.

I'm not sure which serum it was I used that helped themost.
I have 3 samples and have been layering them randomly.
Abbey St Clare Carot repair serum, Abbey st Clare Rosehip serum, Mario badescu rosehip serum.

I usedto use Neostrata 10% vitaminC cream 3x a week, but hadto stop as even after 2 years of buying that it is stillkind of strong on my skin.

I have a ton of samples to try out lately though.
I ended up buying 2 of the Skincarerx Beauty Cache a month ago(actually bought 3 but gave one to sister).

And they have a new cache outnow, so obv..had to get that just to see what is in it.
It comes with a good coupon and I likebuying stuff at EDS, but it is brands they do not carry (I plan on buying Derma E body wash, and some Deep Steep brand soap and body lotion to use my coupon).

One of my other "challenges" rightnow is affording anything.I need some dental care anddo not have any insurance...no idea how much it will cost my credit card.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 4:41 am      Reply with quote
oh my! yes, dental can be expensive.

if you were in toronto i would recommend a good and resonable dentist.

well sweetie, good luck with everything.

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
oh my! yes, dental can be expensive.

if you were in toronto i would recommend a good and resonable dentist.

well sweetie, good luck with everything.

Hi,
thanks.
A family friend is a dentist so she will probably redo my b onded teethfor me a bit cheaper (parents are friends w her and she goes to their cottage every year).

Maybe I'll try using the vitamin C face cream/serum I have here.

It is in capsules you open when you are aboutto use them, so even months later the product is fine as it has never been exposed to air.

I wish more brandsof companies did that.

It is a 10% vitamin C serum or cream by Neostrata/

I think inthe US it is branded as Exuviance?

I was using a liquid withniacin and zinc on bruised areas and that helped a lot with the bruising...but it was meant for blemishes though
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ottawa Shopper,
I think that you are wise to use some of the Osea skin care products, as sea algae's are extremely beneficial in healing inflamed skin conditions. More so, algae is exceptionally regenerating to damaged skin. I have used it for years in products to help treat the red scarring left by bad acne over the years of dealing with skin disease. It works faster than Vitamin C serums as algae increases the ATP in the cell, so it regenerates the skin much faster
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
Hi Ottawa Shopper,
I think that you are wise to use some of the Osea skin care products, as sea algae's are extremely beneficial in healing inflamed skin conditions. More so, algae is exceptionally regenerating to damaged skin. I have used it for years in products to help treat the red scarring left by bad acne over the years of dealing with skin disease. It works faster than Vitamin C serums as algae increases the ATP in the cell, so it regenerates the skin much faster

I am also using a Seaweed cleanser,I think it has 2 kinds of seaweed as seaweed etract is listed and then there is actual seaweedbit ffor the "scrubbing" part.
It iskind of a weird cleanser as it does not scrub like actual face scrubs.

Not too sure of the effects of the cleanser but it seems to calm my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |