Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
At-home vitamin d testing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tested yourself for vitamin d? If so, how easy was it and where did you order the kit?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hey Skippie - I've never heard of this. And I see we have no responses. I haven't checked on the availability of such kit but wanted to see what your post dug up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I didn't know there was an at-home kit. I get my vitamin D levels checked regularly by my doctor though, because I was almost completely deficient.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I didn't know there was an at-home kit. I get my vitamin D levels checked regularly by my doctor though, because I was almost completely deficient.

If you search on the Internet there are quite a few for sale, unfortunately I haven't done a at home test for Vitamin D deficiency so I wouldn't know which to recommend?? hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
If it's your first time testing, you should get it done at a doctor's. The result will be more reliable. Then use the test kit to monitor the success of your supplementation. To maximise your time and effort, get other health screen tests at the same time eg cholesterol, thyroid function.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
If it's your first time testing, you should get it done at a doctor's. The result will be more reliable. Then use the test kit to monitor the success of your supplementation. To maximise your time and effort, get other health screen tests at the same time eg cholesterol, thyroid function.

I agree m1rox, My GP always checks all vitamin and mineral levels along with the standard CBC and to be honest I want that check done by a lab for best results. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:

sigh - I was hoping to avoid the doctor for awhile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
m1rox wrote:

sigh - I was hoping to avoid the doctor for awhile

LOL It's not my favorite place to visit either, but I do believe you get your best results initially having a decent lab do the blood work. Smile You could monitor at home after the doc's report!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I can't get my doctor to test my D levels! He says just take a vitamin D pill, no need to test for deficiency. Rolling Eyes
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I can't get my doctor to test my D levels! He says just take a vitamin D pill, no need to test for deficiency. Rolling Eyes

That's so weird maybe he figures most people need one since it's a common deficiency and it is needed to help absorb calcium?? hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie, my doctor uses this lab for hormone results, and you can order from them directly as well. Their post test analyses are generally very helpful.

http://www.zrtlab.com/health-care-consumers/vitamin-d-testing.html

My Vit D serum test was extremely low, so my doctor started me on 10,000iu's a day. After 3 months we retested and my levels were a little too high, so now I take 5,000iu's a day (for the last 3 years) and my level has remained very stable at optimal levels.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany - I appreciate the information on the lab.

Maybe your doctor is trying to save you money, Riley. Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

Maybe your doctor is trying to save you money, Riley. Laughing

Now that would be a real miracle! Laughing
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I never considered this issue. . . . It we have any help?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |