Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Obagi blender with retin-a or retinol? HELP!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
hi! i just received my Obagi kit from EDS but wasn't able to get Rx for Retin-A.. What i have in hand right now is Retinol cream 1.5%.. I juz wonder if i can use the retinol instead of retin-a? need ur comments please! cant wait to start using Obagi!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 1:33 am      Reply with quote
they are not the same. I am using Retin A 0.05%.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
While you can use the retinol, I don't know how effective it will be. If you can't get an rx for the tretinoin, try ordering it from overseas (e.g. alldaychemist), where you can get it for CHEAP w/o a rx. Takes a couple of weeks though for shipping, as it comes from India.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh, one other thing. While the tretinoin is an rx product, my dermatologist just has the obagi tretinoin out on the shelf with the rest of the retail products. I was able to go in there and just buy the tretinoin off the shelf w/o the rx and without talking to the doctor. If an rx was written for what I purchased, it was at the end of the day on the back-end without my knowledge.

You may be able to go to a derms office that sells obagi and say that you are just needing a refill on the tretinoin and buy it from them off their shelf.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
i think ill just get one online.. i believe its way much expensive if im gonna buy Obagi's tretinoin.. thanks for the advice its_kristy! Smile
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:

hi! can i get rx just from my PCP, not a derm? one more thing, is the retin-a covered by H.insurance? ive read from one of the posts here, that it costs $60 if not covered by the insurance? is that true?
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
pinkpaperdoll wrote:
critic wrote:

hi! can i get rx just from my PCP, not a derm? one more thing, is the retin-a covered by H.insurance? ive read from one of the posts here, that it costs $60 if not covered by the insurance? is that true?

You can get Retin-A from your PCP. I can't remember exactly how much it was the last time I bought Retin-A but it was either $12 or $24 ...

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
hi josee! i juz called walgreens and they said the 20 grams costs around $57.. and the 45 grams costs around $127.. OMG.. that's hella pricey!
Wildapple

Thu May 20, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
That's why you get it overseas. ADC or Medsmex
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
pinkpaperdoll wrote:
hi josee! i juz called walgreens and they said the 20 grams costs around $57.. and the 45 grams costs around $127.. OMG.. that's hella pricey!

Really?? It's SO MUCH cheaper in Canada! I can't believe they'd charge so much in the US! That's crazy.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
When I bought the Obagi tretinoin (.05%), it was $50, and I think that was 20% off. I don't believe tretinoin is covered by health insurance when used for anti-aging.

When I bought from alldaychemist, I paid $3/tube for an Indian brand made by johnson and johnson. Shipping is $25 though so if you order, make sure you maximize your order. I bought several tubes for myself and a friend, in addition to generic Latisse ($10/bottle).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
i checked if i still have h.insurance and yes! im still covered! yey! ;D i browsed the drugs they cover and retin-a is on the list, one tube per month and you should be below 35 yrs. old.. I'll get an appointment with my PCP early in the AM tomorrow.. hopefully, she'll give me Rx.. just trying to save $ bucks as much as i can coz i dont have a job as of the moment.. lol
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wildapple wrote:
That's why you get it overseas. ADC or Medsmex

I searched about Medsmex and have found some bad reviews upon purchasing on their site.. They say the customers' credit card information is not being properly protected. Scary.. Confused
Wildapple

Fri May 21, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I have purchased from Medsmex in the past but used a money order. I don't see why you couldn't use a prepaid credit card or a gift card, though.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |