Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beautyfix.com anyone deal with them? my dealings so far..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
all!
I'm really enjoying this forum so far and have learned alot.
I love trying new products and recently saw some mentions of Beautyfix.com by a few people.
The brands they carried seemed intereting (some high end like Coola,Decleor, and unknown "Me Bath?")

So,I tried to sign up for their offer of "8 products for $50" some were supposed to be full size, and some trial size.

I ended up having a problem with my credit card billing address,so then never bothered to reorder.

Then yesterday they send me an offer to "come back to Beautyfix" and the first shipment is $25,then quarterly $50 for a new box.

This time,no credit card issues, but I called their 1-800 to ask a shipping question and the confirmation I printed out shows the $25 offer.
But the girl I spoke to on the phone told me I was charged $49.95 and that she was making a note on my file to be refunded the $25 when my items ship.

I actually got Beautyfix to email me a confirmation of the items ordered, but there was no price on that....grrr (not impressed).

I have printed my Confirmation of order, with price and items,company info ect...

I think I will contact my credit card co, about this transaction just to be sure.
My credit card I used also expired end of June,2010...so I will automatically be getting a new act number then too,
so not too worried about extra charges.

I know this post is kind of long..but just wondering how have anyone dealt with "Beautyfix".

Has anyone received their items from Beautyfix lately?
And were they the correct items too? Rolling Eyes

Anyways,
I'll update once my bill is done properly.
I guess I should have not bothered with beautyfix and their promotions.

I doubt I'll use their service again asit is just too much work.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Ok,
so I finally got around to co ntacting my credit card provider.

They told me the transaction has not gone through yet, but that it was for $50.
Wastold to call back in a weekto see if they actually refund me...

I wonder if they will actually cancel my order though?
I chose a lot of the pricier itemson their list and if they actually "switch" what I get...I'm filing a dispute then too.... Rolling Eyes

I think next time I'll stick to shopping at EDs, and also skincarerx- they have a great Beauty Cache program with no commitment.

You just buy the samples if you want.
Now if EDS had a similar promotion I would rather get that as it is shipped faster.

The skincarerx bag, half the items can not be shipped to Canada...

(not that it is a huge issue).
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd update.
I got an email from Beautyfix that "my account will be credited in 2-4 weeks"

I have this in writing, so they better stick to that.

I think I am going to cancel my membership after this..just too much hassle.

Also, I have a feeling most products I try will be mediocre.

I ordered a Canyon Ranch spa moisturizer,
sounds ok..I guess a basic face cream.
I know I would notpay full price for it.

Well, if I have problems with shipping I will just refuse the package and get all my funds back.

The first sign of a bad company is when they ship your items in a way other than what you asked for...
And they did that to me Rolling Eyes

I think I should just start a blog about this,lol
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper. That is too bad. Hope it works out; frustrating with how much time and energy it takes with those kind of situations. I know I don't like using my credit card if I think the company is not trustworthy. EDS is very reliable and great to deal with. I may look into the skincarex you mentioned. Are there any other sites you recommend to fellow Canadians?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm,
so far I dealt with SkincareRX.com and they seem pretty good.
I actually found out about them from a Canadian coupon website.

And that they had this bag of samples you could buy (actually had some full size items too) and so had that shipped to Canada.

Their service was very good.
But if they have the same brands as EDS,I'd rather shop at EDS as shipping is less and no duty and less wait time (mail took 2 weeks,which is fine).

But Skincare RX has a bunch of stuff that I like that EDS I know would not be selling, so I ordered those items.
(it was mainly a bunch of "health food store" brands like Derma E and Deep Steep).
I really like some of the Derma E body lotions, and even with shipping from US it was 1/2 of what I was paying at the store.

I also had bought a sampler of Deep Steep body products. Sounded interesting, have never heard of the brand so bought the bag with all t he small items in Honeydew Spearmint.

I am going to go reorder some of that scent later in a few weeks-I really like it!

Or if you want a Canadian site with vitamins and natural stuff, and drugstore items well.ca is verygood and fast with shipping.
I just foundout they sell food too!

I'm actually having to spenda few weeks off work...and am spending too much time shopping only Laughing
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd post an update.
I was kind of slow to get my items as they were sent to my parents house in the US...then brought to me last week.
(did not want to pay duty,tax or shipping Laughing ...my items were declared at the border though Smile

----------------------------
Ok,
now onto my items.
The items I received were as described...so that is a good start.

The bad thing is..and this really annoys me is that one item I received is way way way outdated.

like 2008 outdated- and I just signed up to this program 2 months ago (and did cancel).

The Amarte Aqua Veil serum the date on the bottom of the box says:

[b]2008*08*14

Really wanted to try this item and am disapointed about this.
I did email Beautyfix and hopefully they will get back to me soon.
(emailed Sunday).

Hopefully they have a good solution to this issue and will send a replacement.
If not, I am very tempted to do a Visa dispute for "items not as described".

Anyway,
glad I got my items,too bad customer service is usually terrible. Rolling Eyes
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Ok,
I might have jumped the gun? on my issue with Beautyfix.
Someone from their company called me today and told me they looked into it and that it was the date the item was produced.
That is good to know.
Also that once open the serum is good for 90 days at most.
(why the company who made this item could not put this on the package).

The person I spoke to from Beautyfix said they asked their warehouse people and people who know about the products and was told this.
I was also offered to be sent a replacement product with a later manufacture date..and that is quite fair.
I did not ask for a replacement product, so it was nice to be offered anyways Smile

I also found out Beautyfix is run by the same company as Dermstore (.com and.ca), and Glow .com

I may sign up for Beautyfix in the fall depending what they offer (the 7 items for $50 is a very good deal...

But I have way too much skin stuff, so will have to see,
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |