Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

This is for all of you - make that "us" - chocohol
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolate bar may help fight wrinkles:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37252490/ns/health-aging/
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I love dark chocolate. I would gladly sign-up to product test this one! Very Happy

In the meantime, I'll keep drinking my low sugar/stevia sweetened cocoa.
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think Godiva should do this. I'd feel ever so much better about my key lime truffles if they were anti-aging. I mean, it would be a decent compromise on the high calorie high fat issue. "Yes their fattening, but they diminish fine lines and wrinkles!"

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
hi skippie and everyone.

i love dark chocolate truffles! yummies!
i wonder if eating them and pasting them on my face will do anything.

thanks for the link skippie!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
hi skippie and everyone.

Please do not paste Godiva on your face! Use good ole hersheys kisses for that- lol. Its cheaper, and men can not taste the difference between the two. In-discriminating souls that they are.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to hear more about this... I've been running into articles that go on and on about the bene's to Dark Chocolate...

Curious to find out HOW they retain even MORE of these benefits...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
gossamerwings wrote:
llina wrote:
hi skippie and everyone.

Please do not paste Godiva on your face! Use good ole hersheys kisses for that- lol. Its cheaper, and men can not taste the difference between the two. In-discriminating souls that they are.

Laughing you're too smart! that's sooo true!

when i'm really serious about a man... i'll put the chocolate aside... that's business only bacon can do! eau du oink!
Laughing

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
gossamerwings wrote:
llina wrote:
hi skippie and everyone.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
I would love to hear more about this... I've been running into articles that go on and on about the bene's to Dark Chocolate...

Curious to find out HOW they retain even MORE of these benefits...

Here's some information from their website about the study:

Quote:
Barry Callebaut, the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality cocoa and chocolate products, announces the results of a recent clinical trial into the anti-aging properties of ACTICOA® cocoa and chocolate. The study, conducted by SIT research centre in Germany, demonstrates that consuming 300mg of cocoa flavanols twice a day significantly increases the elasticity of the skin.

Hans Vriens, Chief Innovation Officer at Barry Callebaut says: “The impressive results of this study add further weight to the anti-aging properties of ACTICOA® cocoa and chocolate, one of the richest known sources of flavanols. We are now closer to understanding how these flavanols nourish the skin from the inside and protect it against damaging environmental influences such as exposure to the sun”.

In this most recent long-term, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical study, the potential effect of an oral supplement based on cocoa flavanols on skin elasticity was investigated with a non-invasive topical device. 30 participants were allocated to either the cocoa flavanol group or the placebo group over a period of 6 months. Subjects in the cocoa flavanol group were given two cocoa extract supplements per day, each containing 300mg of cocoa flavanols, while the volunteers from the placebo group were given 2 tablets in which the cocoa extract was replaced by microcrystalline cellulose.

The tests revealed a significant and sustained improvement in skin elasticity amongst participants from the cocoa flavanol group of up to 34% after 6 months. Even when adjusted for the natural improvement in elasticity commonly observed between winter and summer months, the net increase in this group was still 12.5% higher than in the placebo group after 6 months. The changes in the dermal skin layer is what causes our skin to lose its elasticity and form wrinkles. The oral intake of cocoa extract, as a natural source of cocoa flavanols, seems to be a promising alternative to existing skin creams aimed at improving elasticity. The consumption of two times 300mg flavanols a day on a continuous basis helps you to maintain a good skin elasticity when consumed as part of a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. This positive effect of cocoa flavanols is most likely related to deeper (dermal) changes, which take longer to have a visible effect.

“The results are comparable with those achieved by leading cosmetics products. The difference here, however, is that the effect comes from “within” and is consequently observed over the whole body,” Says Dr. Joachim Degwert, President SIT (Skin Investigation und Technology Hamburg GmbH).

Along with decreased hydration of the epidermis, decrease in elasticity is one of the phenomena most commonly associated with aging skin. A less elastic skin is also typically seen in heavy smokers. The improvement of elasticity observed in this recent study is thought to result from the activity of antioxidant flavanols contained in ACTICOA® cocoa and chocolate on the elastic fibers within the dermis or deep skin layer. This recent study is part of mounting evident of the anti-aging properties of ACTICOA® offering beauty from within thanks to the natural goodness of the cocoa bean.

And here's a link to the ACTICOA website:

http://www.acticoa.com/en/home

None of the chocolate bars/products are being sold in North America at the present time. Sad
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
gossamerwings wrote:
llina wrote:
hi skippie and everyone.

when i'm really serious about a man... i'll put the chocolate aside... that's business only bacon can do! eau du oink!
Laughing

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
llina wrote:
gossamerwings wrote:
llina wrote:
hi skippie and everyone.

Laughing

Laughing that is too cute. you're too funny skippie.
that oink oink is soo cute!

ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

None of the chocolate bars/products are being sold in North America at the present time. Sad

I came across this: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/43865.php

It references a study sponsored by Mars on cocoa flavanols and skin. The cocoa extract used in this study is being sold as a product called Cocoapro. I was intrigued, but it is pricey at $45 for 28 servings.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting!
Did you know there is also a "cheaper" more plain Callebaut brand.
It is Jaques Callebaut, they make single serve dark chocolate bars, I only know this cuz I was sent one of the 4x4 bars with an order.
They are like 50 gram bars (sry, gave it to someone, have too much candy here Embarassed

If you are in Canada, I really reccomendwww.chocodirect.com
Esp their sale section, but they have so much good expensive dark chocolates, and sugar free, and organic, and fair trade stuff too.

I buy a lot of gifts for family there (some only want dark chocolate of Cote D'or or Dolfin bars $$ Sad

But shipping is $5 for anyorder, but it is only in Canada they ship to.

But if you want to know of some interesting brands look at their site anyways.

My mother really liked the orange compote one company there has and just askedme to order 4 jars Shock

I'm pretty sure I've boughtsome 90% cocoa bars from here (no idea if they are good, I'll know in 2 weeks...)

The only thing I hate about Chocodirect website is no ingredients are listed.
Butyou can email to ask, theyare always helpful.

I'm somewhat familiar with most of their products as a few stores near me stock items from this company (they are really a food distributor,not a "real store").

If you want some amazing truffles and chocolate, try Stubbe Chocolates in Ottawa (apparently the toronto store ships to theUS?)
They have handmade truffles that have no or almost no preservatives.

After eating their truffles and cakes so many years, Godiva has that "stale" taste.
I probably eat some Godiva 6 times a year, and never like it that much.

Actually since I have so many extra bars from Chocodirect (they usually add lots of frebies to orders Smile
I've started making my own chocolate dipped stuff and also make yummy chocolate mousse Smile
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.barry-callebaut.com/1449

Home > Chocolate for consumers > Branded business > Jacques Jacques
The knight with the noble heart
In 1982, Jacques Chocolaterie was acquired by Stollwerck. To keep pace with the growing success of its products, the factory was repeatedly expanded, the last time in 2004.

At the end of the 19th century, when Belgium was in industrial and commercial euphoria, Antoine Jacques founded Jacques Chocolaterie in 1896.

In 2005, Jacques – whose key visual is a knight – and Callebaut – Barry Callebaut’s traditional brand for consumer products in Belgium – were merged to combine the best of two worlds: the name awareness of Jacques with the recognized quality of Callebaut inside. The result is a strong brand for anyone with a sweet tooth, distinguished by authenticity, a pioneering spirit and conviviality.

Seems Sarotti chocolate is made by Callebaut too?
I always thought that brand was cheap? maybe I'll have to try some since a store near here sells it!

Just thought I'd add, my stepfather he is turning 75 soon and he eats at least 50 grams of 70% or higher cocoa dark chocolate almost every day.
And he can do so much and still downhill skis, and plays tennis 4 days a week..
It is quite impressive..
not sure if it has anything to do with eating chocolate,but who knows...
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Ottawa Shopper. I shouldn't have opened this before breakfast - I'm off to see if I can find some cocoa puffs. Laughing
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
hey!
this weekend i'm testing this out... i'm using dark chocolate truffles on my face (esp under eye) and eat them also. i'll do this friday, saturday, and sunday. i'm isolating this experiment for the weekend... just in case i break out in an allergic reaction i'll be able to drop my light work load and get to emergency quickly.

if anyone else conducts their own experiments with chocolate, before i do... please post your results!

good luck everyone!

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
hey!
this weekend i'm testing this out... i'm using dark chocolate truffles on my face (esp under eye) and eat them also. i'll do this friday, saturday, and sunday. i'm isolating this experiment for the weekend... just in case i break out in an allergic reaction i'll be able to drop my light work load and get to emergency quickly.

if anyone else conducts their own experiments with chocolate, before i do... please post your results!

good luck everyone!

Would dark cocoa powder and green teanot be better?
I have a dark chocolate 70% cocoa and green tea bar (bought on sale, no longer listed onthe website).

It "sounds" very healthy..but will have to check nutrition label!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
hi o-shopper,
Quote:
Would dark cocoa powder and green teanot be better?

i'm not certain. i think skippie is better knowledged to answer that question. does anyone else know?

i'm going to try the imported dark truffles with cocoa powder sprinkled on top- i forgot the brand.

i'm experimenting- it can't hurt... and it'll be fun. Laughing

let us know if you see any results.

gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I went and picked up Ghiradelli dark chocolate at Walgreens today, 2 for $6, a good deal. Had several squares with my pinot noir... lots of carbs, very relaxing... good times! Very Happy
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
I went and picked up Ghiradelli dark chocolate at Walgreens today, 2 for $6, a good deal. Had several squares with my pinot noir... lots of carbs, very relaxing... good times! Very Happy

Laughing u have a lust for life!

i've always noticed there is something special about women that enjoy decadent foods... the decadence, or is the sheer joy that they experience and appreciation translates into their sensual faces... so lovely.

i can't wait till my experiment... this is really going to interfere with my diet plans. Embarassed

have fun everyone!

Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I add both dark and raw cocoa powder to my smoothies - get to enjoy the wonderful taste, plus control fat & sugar content Smile

BF

PS - luvin' the humor in this thread
sunflower75

Wed May 26, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I add both dark and raw cocoa powder to my smoothies - get to enjoy the wonderful taste, plus control fat & sugar content Smile

BF

That's a great idea barefootgirl! I'm going to try it. Chocolate fix minus the guilt.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
hey!

good luck everyone!

Can't wait to hear what happens, lina. Eating chocolate in large quantities gives me zits (yes, I know there's no scientific proof to support that statement) so I wonder how my face would react with chocolate plastered all over it.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
sunflower75 wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BF

That's a great idea barefootgirl! I'm going to try it. Chocolate fix minus the guilt.

It does sound good. I love the Chocolate Elvis from Planet Smoothie with cocoa, peanut butter, bananas, yogurt, and nonfat milk. I'm gonna try it at home with your idea, barefootgirl.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
llina wrote:
hey!

good luck everyone!

Can't wait to hear what happens, lina. Eating chocolate in large quantities gives me zits (yes, I know there's no scientific proof to support that statement) so I wonder how my face would react with chocolate plastered all over it.

Shock ooo, ok maybe that's not a good idea for you. let me test it first. cocoa bean/powder is just protein and some oils... and some of the oils from the truffles should help my dry skin... on the other hand i do have reactive skin... well, no use worrying.. i like to live on the edge. Very Happy

BF's idea of the cocoa powder is excellent! have to try that too.

*hugs everyone*

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |