Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Skin Actives Sea Kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dreamskin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Has anyone use Sea Kelp? If so how do you use it and what have you found it has done for your skin/hair? Just not too sure how best to use it. Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Also the Lemon Peel Bioferment, I am not sure of that either.....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I use it primarily as a base for DIY serums.
In my experience, if you use it directly on skin a film forms and your skin feels a bit tight. I mix with aloe vera gel.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 7:45 am      Reply with quote
dreamskin wrote:
Also the Lemon Peel Bioferment, I am not sure of that either.....

I think several people on this forum used the Lemon Peel and initially achieved noticeable reduction in hyperpigmentation but nothing after that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Erg

would you mind sharing your diy serum(s) using the Sea Kelp BiofermenT?

I bought a bottle last year but don't like the tight and sticky feeling on my skin (although it deos seem to make the skin look smoother)..and would love to be able to actually use it..right now it justs sits in my fridge.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jasminerosey,
I will certainly share! I have made two serums - one general antioxidant and one for skin brightening/lightening.

I have only been test driving these for a couple of weeks and would feel more comfortable sharing with everyone once I can see the impact. Hope that makes sense.

Look for it within the next month on the DIY thread.
Smile

Emily

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I use it as a base for my DIY C Serum (Kassy's CEF)and I love the stuff!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I hate the stuff on it's own, but I do incorporate it into many DIY products using about a tsp or so per oz. More than that just results in a tacky, dry kind of film in my experience. (And trust me when I tell you, that many experiments went down the drain the 1st time around... Embarassed It's only the tried and true that I share here... Laughing

The good news is that once your product has absorbed, you can easily remove the 'film' left by the SKB with a dry washcloth.. Just buff a bit!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone read that SAS is coming out with an improved version of the seakelp bioferment?

From SAS's blog: "Our new enhanced sea kelp bioferment is almost ready. It is now a beautiful blue and even richer in vitamins, minerals and special polysaccharides than it was."
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't bought any SKB for a long time but it used to be quite a bit cheaper from NCN Skincare.
benaked

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have just recently made my first DIY Vitamin C serum (+ E, ferulic, SKB) following the kindly shared recipe by Kassy. But unfortunately the serum have not emulsified well. Vit C dissolved in seconds, ferulic in vodka looked milky but dissolved, but i guess the real problem was with SKB. I did mix it with Vit E but i did not get well emulsified mixture. After making the serum all together it has the gone milk looking things floating on top kind of capsuled in oil. Could this happen because i have taken SKB straight from the fridge, when it is cold it is becoming more dense. What have i done wrong? Does it affect the effectiveness of the serum?
Still i did applied some to my face and i really liked it Rolling Eyes

Today I have tried to mix SKB with cream it did not mix well as well. It was apprx 1.5:1 (water based cream to SKB) and then some active added. Even though when applied to the skin the mixture have absorbed well with no residue the pure SKB usually leaves on skin.

I would highly appreciate the response from Kassy and anyone who could share their experience incorporating SKB in serums in creams.

Many thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |