Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Some changes I am really happy about!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
My story:

42, have used tretinoin almost forever (since age 18 for acne), and skinceuticals c complex for 5 years. My skin looked great for my age, but have had the following issues: still have acne, possibly hormonal? around chin and sometimes on forehead. Chest area was crinkly, but only in the morning. My neck has rings, only 2, kind of like necklace lines, horizontal. Eyes were looking rough, kind of drooping on the top (between top eyelashes and brows) and wrinkled, crinkly, crepey on the bottom...I was thinking I needed a lower bleth to fix that... and..I had an odd twitch on the right side, which seemed to produce a new under eye wrinkle.

This is whats new:

AALS anti aging lightstim, I've had it for 6 weeks I think.

I switched from Skinceuticals C Phloretin to Skinmedica CE complex. After that I use CSI peptide serum under my eyes (from vitacost), and Nia24 SSC or Canyon Ranch SS.

I started using Nia24 Skin Strengthening Complex on my face, neck, and chest about 3 months ago (I am now on my 3rd bottle). I use Canyon Ranch physical ss. After 2 weeks of using the SSC, I had multiple compliments from friends on my skin...glowing, brighter, etc...

At night, an hour after retin A, I now apply the Nia 24 on my face, and Skinmedica Eye Repair on my lids and under eyes.

Here is what has changed:

My upper eyelids have re emerged! They are now making a new appearance and I can see them. The area between my eyelashes and brows has widened, I wish I would have measured it before. This, I'm thinking, is the AALS. Because I especially notice it the morning after treatment. It seems to be permanent, it's been several weeks since it appeared and has not regressed.

My undereye area looks much, much better. The skin there is less crepey, and tighter. This could be from AALS, Skinmedica eye repair, or the Nia 24.

The twitch on the right is almost gone. It comes and goes, but is mostly gone. I'm thinking this may be from the CSI serum which has Acetyl Hexapeptide (Argireline), only because, when I had a doc friend inject botox to the area, the twitch stopped for a few months.

My neck lines are smaller, shorter. (they are now just in the middle of my neck, and not extending laterally, to the sides.) I'm hoping they eventually go away completely.

My chest area looks less crinkled in the am. It's almost looking normal to me.

The acne remains. Sadly, I feel that the Nia 24 SSC is a bit rich for my skin, and may be a contributor. That's why I am trying the Wexler products for the same active in Nia24, Myristyl Nicotinate, hoping they will be a bit lighter, especially now that summer is here. If that fails I will try the Canyon Ranch Balance Light-Weight Moisture, which still has 3 percent Myristyl Nicotinate.

Maybe all of it is the AALS. But it's hard to say. From what I've read about the main ingredient in Nia24, it can take up to 3 months to see results. I find it hard to believe that any topical could produce these results.

Tricky isn't it? We all use so many products!

My plan is to keep the routine as is, and see where it takes me...

xoxo

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 4:53 am      Reply with quote
That sounds like great progress, snowymtn. I am especially interested to hear about your upper eye lid progress, which is one area I would love to improve. I got the AALS from a lovely lady and have yet to use it! Do you use the AALS on that particular area?
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
That sounds like great progress, snowymtn. I am especially interested to hear about your upper eye lid progress, which is one area I would love to improve. I got the AALS from a lovely lady and have yet to use it! Do you use the AALS on that particular area?

Hi RG, not on the eyelids directly but in the area just below the brow. I place the AALS on the browbone, angled up. I recently started wearing tanning goggles (only 1.50 on ebay) just to be safe.

You should dust your AALS off and get going! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
snowymtn wrote:

Hi RG, not on the eyelids directly but in the area just below the brow. I place the AALS on the browbone, angled up. I recently started wearing tanning goggles (only 1.50 on ebay) just to be safe.

You should dust your AALS off and get going! Very Happy

Thank you, snowymtn. That sounds great. I do need to get it out and start using it!
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Snowy,

So glad you are getting some positive results. I am only about 2 weeks into the use of my AALS but am liking the treatments. I'm using Skin Biology's CP Serum prior to treatments althought the last couple days I used the serum that came with the Haute purchase.

Your skin sounds like mine. I am 38 and still get acne...a lot of it is hormonal but I have to be extremely careful what products I use on my face.

Do you have the Professional High Frequency device from Palacia? I have been using that for zapping my pimples and using it over my entire face to kind of 'dry' the excess oiliness and really love it. It's cleared up my face and I hope with daily use it will keep me from getting as many breakouts!!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
SkinDeep38 wrote:
Snowy,

So glad you are getting some positive results. I am only about 2 weeks into the use of my AALS but am liking the treatments. I'm using Skin Biology's CP Serum prior to treatments althought the last couple days I used the serum that came with the Haute purchase.

Your skin sounds like mine. I am 38 and still get acne...a lot of it is hormonal but I have to be extremely careful what products I use on my face.

Do you have the Professional High Frequency device from Palacia? I have been using that for zapping my pimples and using it over my entire face to kind of 'dry' the excess oiliness and really love it. It's cleared up my face and I hope with daily use it will keep me from getting as many breakouts!!

I don't have it SkinDeep, but I've been following the thread and am lemming it! Great to hear you acne has cleared up! I think that should be my next big purchase Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I think you will be pleased with the purchase..it's great for our type of skin!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |