Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Tepezcohuite Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
Shock
I am not using this EVER!!!
...anyone heard or tried Tepezchuite( spelling?) bar ?? I started the same day some of you started using it and my skin is looking better and better every day ...the skin under my eyes was starting to show deeper lines and dark circles they seem lighter to me asnd skin is glowing ACNE CLEARED UP ... and I got that only for few bucks at a local mexican store its amazing am buying the salve/cream they sell and started putting it on under the eye area ...combination has changed the look under the eyes in 1 week....I am amazed....didnt mean to hijack the thread though....if anyone else has used it before I would like to hear from them.....
I hope these uglies subside soon for all of you...

simpleMD wrote:
okay found the store online with cheapest prices than the local store..I have the salve greenish /purple ointment type thing soap and bark powder ....loving the skin I am in Razz ...
here are the sites I found two where u can order....prices on first one are cheaper than the one at the bottom...products are same...

http://store.healingifts.com/podeteo.html

https://herbsofmexico.com/store/

I ordered tepezcohuite soap, shampoo, ointment, powder and cold cream from http://store.healingifts.com/podeteo.html last week. Today Maria, the owner, personally delivered the order to my office. I was so shocked (They’re in NM and I’m in LA) and found out she had a family emergency and happened to be in my area.

Surprisingly, only one of my Mexican co-workers knows about this soap. She said her grandma uses it. My son, 18, who suffers black/white heads for last 4 years will be using the soap. And I’ll continue use WB and the rest of the tepezcohuite products. I’ll use the ointment/salve under my eyes as simpleMD. I’m prone to milia and hopefully this salve will help my under eye wrinkles not giving me more milias.

1st impression: The cold cream looks scary with a very strong cheap perfume smell.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis,

I hope you like the products, and keep us posted on results both yours and your son's. One thing I have to say THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE! Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been researching/thinking a lot about this product for the past year (it was in a serum..among othert ingredients, from a company i really respect) but the price range was soo different for the skincare products depending on what company i researched(all had TOTALLY pure products though as far as ingrenients were concerned.....but i got a bot bogged down wnd confused as to whether to trust the cheaper store i saw on ebay ...instead of what seemed like the same product which was way more expensive on other online stores.. (and my skin was doing so well i figured why add anything!)...

but now i'm ready for a bit of a 'shake-up' and i've benn thinking about this ingredient a lot again the last few days..so i'm definetely going to try it when i get back from rereat in july.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
what i meant to say is that i've been researching this particular ingredient and natural product created with it.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
what i meant to say is that i've been researching this particular ingredient and natural product created with it.

JR,
Have you decided on a particular brand, and if so would you mind sharing the name of the brand?

TIA Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon..i just went to look at the ebay site i was looking at last year with very inexpensive natural products featuring this ingredient..but they were no longer there (there was a 'note'in Spanish, i believe explaining why, but i can't translate it...so when i get back home (beginning of july) i'll try to trace my steps from last year's search back to other sites that carried this ingredient that felt good to me.....and probably start my search with the links already posted on this thread by simpleMD through mACrises (wish i had the time to research, order and receive it before i left!)

Sycamore
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Jasminreosey,
I happened to order from that ebay seller, and after I paid through paypal, they were unlisted. So no soap for me this time. I am hoping to get a refund. I payed 25 dollars for 4 soaps, and never got it, because of that. I am superstitious, so I am not going to order soaps from another seller now. Still, I would like to read about this strange product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I looked at the herbs of mexicosite and the ingredientthat was natural was just 'Mimosa tenuiflora wild"

s maybe get oil of that and make your own mix?

I am kind of curious what this soap and cream does,
don't think I want to tryit though.
First ingredient was mineral oil....

Speaking of soap, I used to reallylikethis bar of soap from am arabic store,
I remember the brand was Layla?something...
Forget what country it was made in, the lady selling it she had a middle eastern store and also sold very pretty furniture and hookah pipes or "lamps'?

I know the soap I bought was just an olive oil soap and had no perfume or chemicals, and was a funny greenis shade (first ingrdient was olive oil...).
Soap had no smell and was great for sensitive skin.
I'm sure any olive oil soap though is the same (xept this one was around $3or$4 and was big like a brick).

I will have to try and remember to go to that store sometime,they had interesting items.

But backto this mexican soap/
I shop at a Salvadorean store and market sometimes and they import everything from south america.
I will try and ask when I go there or maybe look at the cosmetic section.
only prob is employees have very very bad english andI can't speak spanish.
I can undestand spanish a little as I used to go to a mexican restaurant often and spoke to the staff there...

But I also remember there is some soap from the healthfood store I always see Carbolic soap and soaps with clay.
I think the company was called soapworks?
it is this wooden shelf in the store that had the bars unwrapped and there was 20 kinda made in Canada.

The carbolic was supposedto be antibacterial and helped if you were sweaty a lot...
But Ido not use bar soaps thatmuch thesedays, prefer shower gel..but I use soap sometimes butmostly "plain" soap with notmuch in it.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I can somewhat read the spanish description.

The Tepezcohuit is an essencefro the bark of a tree native to mexico...
antibacterial and healing,

Authentic from an estate in chiapas mexico

(its too hot here, so bored and awake Rolling Eyes )

...."Calendula and aloe"...

Use externaly, good for foot lesions, "quemaduras manchase...no idea).
manchas might be arm??/

Properties, anti inflamatory,antibacterial,anasthetic and regenarator/regenerating (of skin I guess...)

Mimosa tenuiflorais) a tree bark from Mexico. Also known in Mexico as the "Skin tree", some of the bark’s significant attributed properties are an anti-microbial agent, an analgesic agent, and a cellular regenerator.

Just wanted to ask, is this tree extract better than the Pycnogenol products out there?
I use Derm E pycnogenol gel, eye gel sometimes andalso just bought their microdermabrasion recovery gel...

supposedly pycnogenol is good for your skin a nd is antioxidant?

I havent noticed these products do tons, not sure of anti aging or whatever..
but I just boughtt them cuz I wanted something light to put on my skin that was not going to irritate it.

Ihave the serum now, and it is fine..veryliquidy though. Nice for summer as it is so hot, andno oil,fragrance or silicones..so does not bother my skin.

Sry to get off trac Laughing

This kinda "tree essence it reminds me of tea tree oil" exept mexican.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks JR,

I found this an English site?

Tepezcohuite soap is 100% natural and comes from Mexico's skin tree. Tepezcohuite is used to treat burns, traumatic injuries, and for skin regeneration. It exfoliates the skin to leave it soft and radiant, removing dead cells and dry skin. It will help also help with reducing the appearance of pigmentation imbalances, age spots, stretch marks, scars, cellulite and enlarged pores. It minimizes wrinkles and fine age lines too.

Skin care tips:
Tepezcohuite is made as a soap, as pomades and as a mud mask.
You can use tepezcohuite as a daily scrub, once in the morning and once at night. 
Include tepezcohuite soap to your natural skin care routine and you will surely see great results very quickly!

http://media.skinmdnatural.com/tips.php?include=135912

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this soap for about 3 weeks only at night on my face and chest. I purchased mine on ebay.

I love it, but I'm not exactly sure why...I use it basically as I would a soap, but try to leave it on for 5 minutes before rinsing off. When rinsed off my skin feels "squeaky" clean, which I normally do not like, but it seems to normalise rapidly. I have noticed that my skin is very soft, and perhaps getting more even in tone. Looks paler overall for some reason (which I like).

Will report back if there are any major miracles Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 3:57 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67,

Thanks for the information. Smile I will be looking forward to what you have to report in the long run. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen, so you are not having any dryness or flaking/peeling skin after using this soap? I like the sound of that. I don't think my skin has recovered from my wonderbar adventure.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

Jaseminerosey, can you tell me what "draws" you to this ingredient?
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, if you purchase the right product, cream or soap, you can get it without mineral(petroleum)oil...or any other additves (except for vitamin e).. the herb is a traditional herbal medicine/remedy.(it's used in ayuvedic medicine(from india) also.

wonderbar isn't really all natural....even though it's presented as though it is..i've looked at the ingredients.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
wow, rileygirl,we cross posted!....just got your post

i like that's just a traditional herb..nothing 'new and miraculous' created from a lab...(i trust nature more thsn than scientists..unless i know that the scientist iS honestly trying to connect with the deeper laws of spirit/nature)and i know from experience how very very powerful herbs are..and this one is used tradtionally to regenerate the skin even from leprosy!...plus i think there may be scientific data to back up it's efficsacy in treating burn patients.

the problem for me is that now i just discovered (spurred by the post about it being silmilar to tea tree oil)..that certain products do have a strong medicinal smell like tea tree oil...which means i can't use them since it will interfer with my homeopathy protocal.....but i am hoping that the plain bark poeder will have a much lighter sent...as it may be only the oil which smells stongly.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
didn't mean to disparage scientists....if they are following the true dictates of their heart/higher mind and operating within natural law..i feel it is a honored path.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

wonderbar isn't really all natural....even though it's presented as though it is..i've looked at the ingredients.

I agree with you on that. I don't call it natural either.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
wow, rileygirl,we cross posted!....just got your post

i like that's just a traditional herb..nothing 'new and miraculous' created from a lab...(i trust nature more thsn than scientists..unless i know that the scientist iS honestly trying to connect with the deeper laws of spirit/nature)and i know from experience how very very powerful herbs are..and this one is used tradtionally to regenerate the skin even from leprosy!...plus i think there may be scientific data to back up it's efficsacy in treating burn patients.

Thank you, jasminerosey. I appreciate your input. I did read that it was used to treat burn patients, as well.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
The product sounds intresting,

but I have to add there is no way I'm buying anything that is unlabeled and with ingredients I do not understand.

Esp not skin stuff, and with hearing of so many "fake products" on ebay I just buy jewelery,beads,craft supplies.

I do not think I'd be comfortable buying cosmetics there..but thatis just me.

I also always check that the seals on stuff are closed too (too many times at grocery stores here people open packages,eat off the shelf, or use stuff and put it back).

Maybe I am overly cautious,but I guess having so many bad skin issues over the years (mostly food allergies that cause rashes,scraped face Sad)
I wish I was a bit less cautious...but oh well...

Where can you see the ingredients of the Wonderbar?
I am really curious what is in it...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the link to the Wonderbar thread OS and on the thread the ingredients are listed although they say they are tweaking it. There you will also find a link directly to the Wonderbar site. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37807

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa....and others interested in the purity of this ingredient:

here is info from a site that interests me..it is just the pure organic powder from the inner root bark of this type of evergreen shrub..this info tells of the different quality of different ways of harvesting this powder...i find it interesting and would purchase from this site..or others i've seen that seem to have comparable quality..and create my own products from it...perhaps a mask w/honey/ a little spirulina/ a little botanical oil...and also see how it would mix in with shea or other botanical butters as a moisturizing cream.

however the scent is problemetic for me..and i believe from reading this site, that the powder is also naturally strongly scented as it is used in creating incense..and as i believe would interfere with my homeopathic protocol...how disappointing for me!

here's the info:(from what i understand mimosa hostilis and mimosa tenuiflorais refer to the same evergreen shrub

There are major differences in the quality of Mimosa hostilis root bark being offered in the market today. Most of the product being sold is only 70% purity, this also includes inner root bark offered as whole or shredded. One thing you can be sure of with us is that our Mimosa hostilis root bark product is always 100% pure - organic - premium - inner root bark powder.

The root bark of Mimosa hostilis is composed of 3 layers; it is only the middle layer (inner root bark) that is of value. The first layer, where the outer root bark and dirt is found is of no value. Many businesses fail to remove the dirt and first layer of bark in processing, resulting in a low quality product of only about 70% purity. The second middle layer (inner) is where we find the pure purple coloured inner bark; this is the layer we are after. The third layer is the inner-inner bark; this layer consists of very thin yellow root bark. Like the first layer the third layer is also of no value. Our 100% pure Mimosa hostilis root bark powder is made available by the following process; first all the outside bark and dirt is completely removed, then both of the remaining inner layers are shredded and powdered. When powdered, the yellow coloured inner-inner root bark is much more fibrous, it does not powder and thus gets removed, resulting in 100% pure Mimosa hostilis - premium - inner root bark powder.

Our product is of the highest quality, purity, and potency in the market place today. To ensure product freshness and minimal stress to plants, the harvesting of our Mimosa hostilis oot bark is completed by the skilful hands of a professional botanist. In selecting mature trees, only the horizontal roots are harvested to ensure the plants ability to fully recover. With this environment friendly process, the plants are able to rest and fully recover before initiating the next renewable harvest.

Mimosa hostilis root bark has been valued for thousands of years

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 12:08 am      Reply with quote
whoops i didn't paste the link..and am too tired to find it agin now..but anyone can use google to find it...

by the way, it seems as though an extract of the bark of this root has been used traditionally in shamanic trance rituals ...but i read that the powder cannot/does not create that kind of trance(ie. hallucinogenic) effect.

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks,
that does sound interesting.

For me, so far a face mask and cream made with Balsam Peru seems to help the most with redness.

I don't think I should "scrub" my face with anything for a while...
I am just recovering from a bad fall and scraping my face badly on the sidewalk Sad

But the face mask I used today made my skin so smooth Smile

It is always interestingto know about new products though!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa, sorry to hear about your fall...

i also like balsamic peru..do you diy your face maskdo you diy your face mask?

System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |