Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Blotchy skin on nose only..what to use for that?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
In the past couple weeks I have noticed that the skin on my nose only is blotchy.

Some of it is tanned and then there are some not tan areas that look more white.
This is not on any other part of my face..which I find kind of odd.

Lately the skincare I was using was Nucelle mandelic 10% serum at night 3x a week.

Vitamin c 10% 2x a week (have been using vitamin c for years, same one).

during the day I use a regular light moisturizer and then some sunscreen powder spf 30 by Colorescience.

and sometimes a light finishing powder spf 15 by Jenulence .

I know the spf 15 does not add more protection, it just happens to be the finnishing powder I have now.

The rest of my skin looks ok overall-exept I still have some redness from when I scraped my face. My skin is smooth though,it is like scarring I'm trying to get rid of I think

Anysuggestions for my nose?
I've tried using some face scrubs that are light and it did not improve anything.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
hi there,
you might want to look into IPL ( intense pulsed light. it can get rid of freckles and red marks etc. i have done it with good results. if it is just on your nose, it probably wouldn't be too expensive Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm guessing its sun damage of some kind. I'm not a fan of powder sunscreens because it unlikely that anyone would really apply enough to get the proper protection. It would probably look like a mask if you did.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with girliegirl, I think you need better sun protection, I bet the area will fade if you add that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info.

I'll try and look into IPL.
My budget is not that great right now.
Am supposed to try and save some money to pay for Invisalign (need $4,000 for that). Rolling Eyes

I am trying to use a sunscreen moisturizer most of the time when I go outside.

Right now I'm using Juice beauty spf 15 I think it is.
But on the days where I am not outside long (like maybe 15 minutes at a time at most I usually just use mineral makeup with sunscreen.

It does seem that I am using a lot of the mineral powder as I usually have to tap out some a few times to fill up the sifter part,
and use a fluffy or blush brush to apply.

Can IPL help with discolorations from blemishes?

I still have a few darker spots on my skin from past blemishes, but my skin is smooth.
It just seems to take forever to make my skin look clear.

Maybe I'll try my whitening clay mask- I used to use that 2x a week and my skin did look better then.
But lately I had gotten a ton of mask samples and was trying those out.
None of the mask samples did anything amazing for my skin- they were nic overall,but am not going to putchase any of those brands.
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:51 am      Reply with quote
OS,

I had IPL treatment a few years back. My skin was very 'freckled' after spending too many years in the sun as a young girl. The IPL process wasn't painful, but my skin was bright red for a few hours after the treatment. Two days later I noticed the freckles getting darker and by day four I looked like someone had thrown mud at me. Within a week, the black spots started disappearing, falling off probably, and by day 9 I had a freckle-less face. I go back for a 'touch-up' treatment once every 18 months or so for a few stubborn sun-spots and to get the little spider veins zapped off that pop up next to my nose sometime. I have also had the backs of my hands treated with great success.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!

my skin does not look freckled though, my nose just looks kind of blotchy-like a tan with some whiter spots where my pores are a bit larger.

I guess you could sort of call that freckles? but it seems to just look like a bad tan or as if I applied bronzer wrong a bit...exept I did not put anything on my face.

I'm curious if hydroquinone would do anything?
I have a tube here that I had bought for blemish marks, but just never really use that.

I'll also have to see what my budget is for lasers (or more like lack of budget).
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ipl does help with discoloration from blemishes. It is really great for any discoloration issues, freckles red marks from acne marks, dilated capilaaries or general blotchiness
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!

I also find that my forhead area, lately it is a bit more weird? looking.

I was using some Dr brandt collagen serum and some DDF firming cream and they really helped smooth out my frown lines and they are almost gone now Smile

...which is really good as with using Dior capture and Neostrata wrinkle repair that did help a lot but for the past 6 months saw no more improvement with those 2 brands and was not sure what else to try....

But after getting samples of Dr Brandt and DDF..those 2 lines are working well for me now.

So once I use up my capture products, will not be buying those.
Am still going to use Neostrata wriknle repair as it is really good for moisturizing and my eye area..never feels greassy on me.

Well, I guess having some funny stripes on my forhead is better than my frown lines, guess I can always use concealer on those!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |