Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

vaculifters or dermarollers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
HI everyone - Have been using the AALS and the Tua Viso for a couple years now. Am very pleased with both! Am looking to do 2 more things -
--more fullness in the cheek area (stimulate collagen)

--get rid of the crinkly skin on the front of the neck!

Which do you think would be more effective for
those 2 skins remedies - vaculifter or dermarollers (1.0mm - am too chicken to use any longer length) I'm in my late 50's. Thx for your help! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I have both but prefer the vaculifter. I just haven't noticed much with the dermaroller but I can't use the retin-A with it, which it helps to penetrate into the skin with. I do think that makes it more effective.
I do think the vaculifter has contributed to some firming up of the skin and increased circulation, which has got to help something.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I have all of these gadgets and, even with EMLA I still find Dermarollers ouchie (have quite a collection, a 3-roller and a few 1.5mm Dr Rollers gathering dust). I did it quite a few times and didn't see any difference, pinpricks of blood, sunburnt reaction afterwards.

The Vaculifts I use much more regularly and have done for over a year. Great as an OCM tool, keeps your skin well-circulated, nice and thick. As for any other issues, I don't really have any, but it does perk up my eyes. Kassy_A has said she reckons it does wonders for a crepey neck.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both Annie and ljk - it sounds as if you're both advocating the vaculifters so guess
we'll try some of those. Will have to see if the person from Germany on ebay is still selling those! If we can get those couple areas
fixed , won't be bad for someone in their late
50's! thx again - DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I also just have the cups I ordered that are large and plastic that I use for my thighs. Those were really cheap too, but have too strong suction as far as the face goes I would think.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thx Annie - At this point just want a small one for my cheeks and neck - the big one fot the thighs would be too large I believe. Where did
you get yours from and would you recommend them
again to purchase from?? thx DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the large cupping bells from a link to a thread on cellulite, but they come in many sizes. I need to go back and find it as it has been a few months and I don't remember.
The vaculifter I got from the NCN website:
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/the-vaculifter-skin-and-facial-massage-therapy-tightens-and-tones-your-skin-naturally.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2010 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
What size for the face would you recommend -- large or small?

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Annie!! If by chance yoiu find that
site hwere youi bought the cupping bells - please send it! Thx again - DiPhx

5% products discount

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I fine this cupping very interesting. I searched ebay and there are so many products listed can anyone recommend a specific one that is easy to use and produce results. I am interested in facial sagging and the thighs. I don't care for the candle in the glass, don't understand how it works and would it burn?
Sorry if I sound stupid but this is all new to me and I would really like to firm up the thighs, gravity is starting to take it's toll.
If you can recommend one particular product to use I'd appreciate it. Thanks
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I have the large vaculifter for the face, works great on all areas of my face and I used it on my thighs until the cups came in. It works great there too, just is smaller and can take longer.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Please excuse my ignorance and dumb question,
but what is a vaculift and how does it work?

I have tried derma rolling before to help with acne scars and stretchmarks, have little or no success so far and have not really kept up with it due to the pain and sunburn look for a week after. Keen to know what other alternatives you skincare experts can suggest I try for my conditions.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I've just watched that video on the link above, but I'm still confused.

Does it suck the skin up from its surface, so in a way stimulating the circulation of blood underneath the skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, lilpil, yes, you have more or less described it very well!! Very Happy The cup sucks the skin in and provides with this an increase in the blood circulation in the area, I don't think this will get rid of acne scars though, but it does improve the overall skin complexion. For acne scars it is probably better to use the Dermaroller, yet I see you've tried it with not much success, so have you tried various treatments of glycolic or salicylic peels? No expert here, by the way, just trying to help. I had bad, really bad dark spots from a sunburn on my face and the dermatologist applied a strong salicylic acid for a minute, two treatments, my skin peeled like mad but the dark skin disappeared, and a friend with scar marks had a treatment with glycolic acid and creams at home that improved her skin very much.

DiPhx, I have only used the Dermaroller for product penetration, never used it for a deep roll which is supposed to increase the collagen, I think. I still sometimes use it, but not that much, I generally use it with the Retin-A after, and with this have my skin peel a couple of days (the Retin A on its own doesn't peel,, but if I dermaroll before for product penetration it does).
The vaculifter is one of my favorite gadgets Smile , I just like what it does to my eyes and neck, after only a few uses it firmed my neck and helped enormously with eyebags. I personally prefer the small face size, it works great on all areas of the face and neck. I have the large face size, but I've hardly used it as the small face size works great. And the small body size I only used about four times on my arms and it somehow gave up... I can't get it to suction any longer Mad
Let us know what you decide to use!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried the dermaroller, so I can't compare, but I do have and really like the small vaculifter from Nanci (thanks to Kassy for the recommendation). Where it seems to help the most is on my lip lines. I also use it on my neck but I've never been quite sure which direction I should be going - up and down or sideways or in circles or ???
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ATester and Skippie - The vaculifter seems to be almost unanimous. Guess I'll have to order it and try to fit it in between the TV and
AALS. I just think after a while your face (or
body)gets used to the same exercises and
you have to introduce variety to restimulate
the collagen. Thank you all again - you have answered my question on which device to get.
I tried that German ebay seller website but
it didn't work. Anywhere else other than NCN
to buy a vaculifter? Thx again DiPhx!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Did you try the one I mentioned on another thread? They do auctions as well as Buy It Now.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/beauty_for_ever/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I want a vaculifter now! Can you use the smallest one on your entire face?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
gossamerwings wrote:

yes, and neck.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
gossamerwings wrote:

The smallest one is the only one I have, gossamerwings, and it works just fine for my face (and neck, as moongoddess said).
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the quick reply- I guess Nanci's is the most economical for ordering, eh? I am excited about this- it seems much less invasive than the dermaroller for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ljk - Okay have been to the German ebay site you posted and even found some translation on part of the webpage. Did you buy from this German seller - what did you pay in American dollars. The german website is 1.5 Euros which
tanslated to less than $2??? that can't be right and he doesn't mention shipping to the
US - only Europe. I have emailed the German owner but in the meantime was wondering if you
knew anything aobut purchasing from him - costs,
quality of vaculifters, shipping etc. Thx so
much - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - update on vaculifter!! Purchased the small face from the German ebayer and all
went well. Took a little over amonth to get from Germany to US but it did get here fine.

Purchased both the large and small face one.
The large face doesn't suction as well as the small one so started using the small one only on my neck as my skin is crinkled and loose.
Have been using several times a week for my neck only. It has really helped tighten the skin and I can tell when I use the TV on my neck. There is no skin to pull up on my neck
with the TV as there was before. This little
gadget has been great - awkard to use at first
but gets easier over time. Have been working more hours since January so haven't had a lot of time to devote to my gadgets but this one
is wonderful. May try it over the rest of my face instead of the TV for a month or so and see what happens. Think it's good to switch gadgets occasionally. The secret I found was to use less oil so it's didn't slip too much.
Originally the vaculifter idea came from Kassy -
another wonderful idea Kassy!! thx DiPhx

5% products discount

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
How much did this end up costing you with postage and this one looks (if I am looking at the right seller) like it comes with 2 for the face and 2 for the body for 49.90. Buy it Now.

I am not good at reading the German, who knows if I would get the right product?!? Laughing

You are a brave one!
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Laurin Okay I actually bid about 3 times before I won at about 16 euros. Shipping to US
is 35 euros. If you google a euro conversion calculator, it's very simple to translate to English dollars. All in all, between shipping and the vaculifters, it was $60-$65 all together. You can also purchase them from NCN
at abuot $85 apiece I think. It took a lot of patience but all in all about 2 months between bidding and shipping. When I got outbid I immediately started a new auction. Am
glad I got them - they were worth the wait!!
The skin on my neck has definitely tightened!!
DiPhx

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |