Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any recommendations for glycolic acid products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mable

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Years ago I used glycolic acid on my skin with great results but since then I have had some sun damage that has resulted in more freckles.

I am worried about getting a patchy result on my face so was wondering if anyone could recommend any peels or products that are effective but maybe a little bit gentler
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
If you are trying to reduce hyperpigmentation I would recommend Obagi Clear. The glycolic is primarily for exfoliation and skin renewal and will have minimal to no effect on the freckles if that is what you are trying to address.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - thanks for that. How does the Obalgi Clear work? How do I use it?
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
The clear uses hydroquinone to reduce the production of melanin in damaged pigmentation cells. It is best used in combination with tretinoin. The obagi nuderm system uses both of these agents in addition to glycolic acid to make cells act younger by better distributing and regulating melanin production in addition to producing more collagen.

Niacinamide also helps with hyperpigmentation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mable, I would agree with its_kristy, Obagi nu derm system is a system with products that uses hydroquinone, tretinion and glycolic acid. It's works, there are lots of threads on EDS forum about it. However, it is a very aggressive system where peeling, flaking and dry, red skin comes with the initial use of the products. That's if, you use the entire system.

Product with 4% hydroquinone will suppress production of more freckles and lighten the ones you have. Hydroquinone is the main ingredient, but used with tretinion both pigmentation, skin texture and overall skin tone will be improved. I had good results using Obagi. When I had completed my 18 weeks I had microdermabrasion done on a weekly basis for 5 weeks which also help to brighten the skin more.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I think you should put face sunscreen more amount of it applying on your face.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
nickieygirl, is right no matter what you do to improve your skin, the most important thing is sunblock. Just a few minutes in the sun without a sunblock and all your hard work to remove any pigmentation is undone.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:24 am      Reply with quote
mable,

I don't know if you saw this recent review by jackiet_mcc about a glycolic product:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38442&highlight=glycolic

I don't use glycolic acid but if I did I would definitely consider the product she recommends after reading her review of it.
Katmitskit

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Is it okay to use paula's choice 8%AHa on daytime after obagi clear? I find exfoderm too pricey for a glycolic based product.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |