Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone used lemon peel bioferment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just read NCN's newsletter and Nanci is now selling the lemon peel bioferment (I believe SAS also sells this). Has anyone used it on their face and did it diminish pigmentation for you?
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Just bumping this up--I'm interested too and was thinking of purchasing with my next order from Nanci.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
peaprincess
5% products discount

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there! I haven't posted on here for ages and ages but felt I had to say something about the LPB. I got it from NCN about three weeks ago and cannot believe the difference already. I had really pronounced pigmentation all around my neck, and it was starting to make me a little self-conscious. Having tried a number of different things (though not HQ) I honestly thought nothing would ever fade it, let alone eliminate it. I only tried the LPB because Nanci, being as fab as she is, remembered I'd mentioned my pigmentation issue a long time back, and offered me a sample. Because I liked the way it seemed to "tone" my skin (it was too soon to assess any lightening), I ordered a full-size within the week. Anyway, as I said, I've been using it for about three weeks in total and, though that seems a very short time to see a difference, the difference is astounding. I wish I had photos to show you, but I don't (at least, I don't think I do).

For me, this product has been like a small miracle. However, I have already used about one quarter of the product as it's tricky to spread, having a watery consistency (not smooth and silicone-like, like Matrixyl, for instance). I think I will go through a lot of the Lemon Peel Bioferment, but it's so worth it for me, I can't tell you. Actually, it's odd to look at my new, much more uniform skin - it seems strangely pale without all those very dark patches (but in a good way!). I've never been very good at quantifying these changes, but I would say my patches have reduced by at least 75%. I have been using Green Cream level 9 for two years or maybe more, but oddly, the patches only got worse.

I would say try the LPB. It doesn't irritate and it might just work for you.
peaprincess
5% products discount

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to say: I said I hadn't posted on here in ages. Well, in fact, the only reason I spotted this thread at all was because I was searching the web for other people's experiences of the LPB, because I was so amazed to notice the difference in my skin this evening, on close inspection. So, there you are, my own success lead me to you...and i had to take a detour and post.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
peaprincess wrote:
I wanted to say: I said I hadn't posted on here in ages. Well, in fact, the only reason I spotted this thread at all was because I was searching the web for other people's experiences of the LPB, because I was so amazed to notice the difference in my skin this evening, on close inspection. So, there you are, my own success lead me to you...and i had to take a detour and post.

Thanks so much for sharing your story, pearprincess! I'm so glad that it's worked so well for you. Nice to know that it's not too irritating either... It's definitely going in my cart, and for $20, I feel like it's totally worth trying. I have a few discoloration spots and some old red acne scars, so I'll report back on how it goes... Thanks again for stopping by to share!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
EmyBloo
5% products discount

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello -
Wow - what a glowing review! Did it irritate your skin at all (the lemon part makes me think it may sting)? I've got a redness to my skin.. and some dark patches..

thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review peaprincess. How exactly do you apply this stuff? Does it go on first and can it be used with other products?
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks peaprincess, so glad you did spot this thread. Very Happy
Looks like something else to add to my growing list of orders.
And the same question as Riley. How do you apply it please.
peaprincess
5% products discount

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I'm glad my review has helped. It's not often (actually, never!) I've had such blinding results from an active that I have to tell everyone! I double double checked my neck again this morning in the daylight and I still can't believe it's true. It really has made an incredible difference!

As for your questions:

Though I already use a relatively strong retinol product, and glycolic peels (they didn't really help with the pigmentation by the way) I have had not one jot of sensitivity from the LPB. I was kind of waiting for it, as we all know how lemon stings! But from what I understand, this isn't just condensed lemon, it's actually the chemicals from the lemon peel...just the active parts that we need (I'm sure someone else could explain this better) so, all the stinging bits have been removed, sort of! There is no scent to it at all, for instance.

How do I apply it? I wash my face and then use the dropper to put about five drops into the palm of my hand and then dip in a fingertip. It really is like water, so not that easy to spread. I have read that you could just mix a few drops with your usual face cream, but I use it neat. I then immediately apply the next thing in my routine, unless it's the retinol product (then I would wait for about fifteen minutes to let my skin PH normalise a bit). I use the LPB twice a day.

I hope that helps.

By the way, at the same time as ordering the LPB from Nanci, I ordered Skin Actives Skin Brightening Cream. Nanci's LPB arrived within about three days (I'm in the UK) but the SAS stuff has only just arrived, two weeks later. I have read good reviews about it. I suppose I'll never quite know how well it would work, now, as the LPB is so fab. Mind you, it's a blooming great huge pot you get of the SAS stuff, I must say!! So if it works, it's a good deal.
peaprincess
5% products discount

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 am      Reply with quote
You might notice I said I've only had Nanci's LPB for about two weeks, yet I said I've been using it for three weeks (if you're being observant, or are suspicious, like me!) That's because I was using a little sample pot for a few days and liked it so much for its skin toning properties (I don't know if that's supposed to happen, but it does to me) that I immediately ordered a full-size bottle. And I checked and it has been about three weeks in total. Amazing, I know.

Thanks for listening!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, peaprincess for reporting back on how you use it.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
was just talking w/ nancy about this today so i was thrilled to find this post - i'm gonna go ahead and order (for pigment on my chest). for what it's worth P, i used the whole darn jar of skin brightening cream from skinactives and the pigmentation didn't budge Confused , but that's just me
m
peaprincess
5% products discount

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moongoddess!

Thanks for the feedback on the SAS stuff. I'll use it as another weapon in my attack! It's a shame it didn't work for you - when it happens to me I get so discouraged and then I just accept the situation and feel okay about it. Then something else comes along and I go through the whole thing again with renewed hope, and usually it all happens again...but this time the LPB worked, and I'm wishing the same for you.

I really, really hope the LPB works for you as it has for me. Do let us know.
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Pea Princess, I used HQ for years and faded pigmentation on my cheeks. My chest is a different matter. Kind of mottled, more red, broken caps and the chest lines,yugh. Would the LPB be of any use for this? TIA LD
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Will this work for red acne marks? Since it's similiar to HQ but HQ does not work for red acne marks only brown ones, Im unsure if it'll work. I've tried chemical peels in the past without success.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Faerie & LD

LD...I don't think the LPB will work for the redness. You can't really fade redness, like you can pigmentation, can you? You have to get to the underlying problem. I have redness and lines around the clavicle area and just lower down. I have no idea why this would be. Maybe we should try vitamin K. I do know that the LPB hasn't improved the redness for me. Sometimes I will put a little make-up over that area, to tone it down.

And Faeriedust, I'm sorry I really don't know anything about dealing with the redness left by acne, but I suspect the LPB won't address that. I have seen Let's Make Collgen recommended for that specific issue, and there is a great before & after over on Dr Pickart's site, Skin Biology. I can't remember the name of the person but I seem to remember the difference between her before & after as impressive (the acne scarring). I think the person in question was exfoliating and using copper peps. Do look at it, if you haven't seen it already...she does mention her routine. You'll find the info on the Skin Biology forum. Good luck!
peaprincess
5% products discount

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Found it!
http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1480045352/m/4540072403
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if there are any differences between the NCN (1oz - $20) and SAS versions (10ml - $10) of the LBF?

FYI...10 ml = 1/3 of an ounce, so Nanci's is a better deal pricewise.

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys. I just ordered some of the LPB from Nancy. I have melasma due to hormones, and I haven't found a topical that has worked well on it. HQ was just intolerable for me with the very minor, if any, lightening it effected.

I did have slight success after using the QuasarBaby a few times. I've since done hours and hours of research on light therapy and ended up ordering the DermaWave. So I was thinking that I'd put on the LPB before using the LED (I believe Nancy suggests this)...but I also kind of want to evaluate each product by itself.

Has anyone tried this, or any other lightening topical before doing light therapy?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the LBP myself last night...just wondering on how to apply with retin-a at night? Should it go on after the retin-a like the hydro?

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I ordered it Friday night! Laughing Hoping it ships today!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Peaprincess,

Is LPB greasy?

Bren21,

I would like to know how I could incorporate LPB into my Retin-A regime too.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I will shoot off an email to Nanci regarding using LPB with Retin A, but I will be applying the LPB before the Retin A.

I'll let you all know what Nanci says to do.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

Bren21,

Ok, Per Nanci at NCN, she recommended applying it before the Retin A, as well. She said the LPB is very watery.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
summer2004 wrote:

Bren21,

Ok, Per Nanci at NCN, she recommended applying it before the Retin A, as well. She said the LPB is very watery.

You are getting me interested in this, I swear it's just so bad for the wallet around here Smile Did Nanci say how long a wait between the 2 or can you just apply immediately prior too Retin A?

TIA
DM

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |