Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I Have Waited 20 Years For This ....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Your's truly is going to see Duran Duran on March 4th, here in Vancouver! Very Happy Got two tickets yesterday. Wore my 20 year-old Duranie button, while buying tix.

EXCITING!
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:38 am      Reply with quote
John Taylor
Had a huge crush on him when I was little.
Nowadays I think that Roger is much more my cup of tea. Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Wow! I wonder if they're touring Aus as well...

Did you manage to get good tix?
Caspers Mum

Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
John Taylor
Had a huge crush on him when I was little.
Nowadays I think that Roger is much more my cup of tea. Very Happy

Yup. John Taylor was my favorite too Too bad that he didn't love little me as well. Afterall, I was pretty damn cute from ages 9-12. You know: no curves, little mosquito-bites for a bust, etc. Who could resist?!? Shock My ranking of them: John, Simon, Nick, Roger, and Andy.
Caspers Mum

Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Wow! I wonder if they're touring Aus as well...

Did you manage to get good tix?

Actually, my girlfriend is living in Sydney right now, and said that the group was just there, a couple of weeks ago. Hmm! I'd go to the group's official site, to see what else they've got up their sleeve.

As for seats: not too shabby. I'll paste an image from the Vancouver venue, GM PLace: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/seatingchart/139269/12571 I'm in section 110, row 20, seats 105-106. As you can see from the venue, they're only using about 1/4 of the arena, and there is very little floor seating. I reckon that my view will be great,and am not too worried about being on the floor. Just happy to get tix. Very Happy

I've been to a couple of concerts at GM Place (Kiss & The Tragically Hip), but it's been completely open for those (with the exception of seats behind the stage). Not bad. GM Place did not host the Van Halen concert that I went to (that was at the Pacific Coliseum), as Orca Bay/GM Place will no longer host concerts promoted by House of Blues Entertainment. Why? Because that was the promoter who had the last Guns n' Roses show. Axl Rose didn't show up, and there was a riot in the crowd; thousands of dollars worth of damage. Considering that GM Place is relatively new (8.5 years) ... I can't say that I blame the owners, after that fiasco!
Mabsy

Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:

Actually, my girlfriend is living in Sydney right now, and said that the group was just there, a couple of weeks ago. Hmm! I'd go to the group's official site, to see what else they've got up their sleeve.

So it would seem that I've been living under a rock! I can't find anything about it though, but I did find out they're coming in 2005 Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:44 am      Reply with quote
It's been 20 years since I've seen Duran Duran. Back when I was in high school, I LOATHED them. They offended my heavy metal/hard rock sensibilities! Whenever one of their songs came on the radio or their video was on MTV, I'd quickly change the station. Then in 1984, a friend had an extra ticket for their show here in Austin and she offered it to me. Since I hadn't anything else to do that night, I figured WTH, and I just prayed I wouldn't see anyone I knew at the concert because it would be humiliating to be seen at a D2 show. Mind you, after the show, I went out and bought all their records and wall-papered my bedroom with Duran posters! Not long after that, I saw John and Andy play with Power Station here in Austin and then in '86 or '87, I caught Andy playing at local club where he was promoting his first solo album. Here was my ranking for them back then: John, Nick, Simon, Roger, Andy. Now, though, I must say that John is looking a little rough around the edges....

Jeez, this topic has given me a real blast from the past! I might just have to see if I can dig out my old Duran cassettes from the mothballs and listen to them one more time. Enjoy your show and blow the boys a kiss from me! Very Happy

Carrie
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:41 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Now, though, I must say that John is looking a little rough around the edges....

I thought that too. Having seen them on TV recently I thought that Roger seemed the most attractive. Seems like a nice, down to earth guy too. The others seem to be having a battle of the egos. Rolling Eyes

I think I liked Nick first of all but this soon changed to John. Nick's love of make-up soon knocked him down to 2nd place on my list. My ranking was the same as Carekate. I would imagine that Andy would be last on every list! Laughing
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:35 am      Reply with quote
DD takes me back, still like guys who wear make-up Cool
Caspers Mum

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
carekate wrote:
Now, though, I must say that John is looking a little rough around the edges....

My ranking was the same as Carekate. I would imagine that Andy would be last on every list! Laughing

I think Andy was at the bottom of everyones' list - kind of like the Danny Wood of New Kids on the Block!

Andy Taylor: the only member of the group who is still happily married to his first (and only) wife. Says something, hey? I think they married during Duran Duran's first tour! Note: for those of you who liked Roger, he and his wife have just split.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
Andy Taylor: the only member of the group who is still happily married to his first (and only) wife. Says something, hey? I think they married during Duran Duran's first tour!
I thought Simon and Yasmin were still married...? Or are you only talking about HAPPILY married??
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |