Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Zoftig wrote:
That's good information, Dark Moon. Did you happen to read on one of the reviews that the bulbs were fragile and care had to be taken when inserting them? One of the ladies broke hers and gave it a bad review. Seems to be my only reservation so far. I would take the chance but I'm not sure I would want my 77 year old sister to have to.

I did see that the bulbs are fragile, again I wonder if she was really handling them roughly or if you need to treat these with kid gloves? I plan on searching on this further to see what else I can find about this model?

That's very true, she might not have taken care. Have you actually seen one of these devices? I was so cautious that I barely got the bulb in far enough. I thought it was very intimidating. Of all the research I did on the Palacia and on the Jellen, I never saw anything about a broken bulb. Does make one wonder.

It's good of you to research for the rest of the ladies that are interested. If I didn't have the Palacia, I would already have this one on order (and take my chances).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen pictures on the sites but haven't seen any in person. I just wonder if the glass is that much thinner than the palacia? It is tempting though, I would like to find a retailer (reasonable) for the electrodes though. Funny they have a smooth handle for the US and a knobby one for the EU market.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a new owner of the Palacia HF and since no instruction book came with it, I started looking for times and frequencies and I'd also like to buy additional glass bulbs...if anyone finds a supplier, please let me know. Here's in an old instruction manual from 1911.

http://www.meridianinstitute.com/eaem/eberhart/ebercont.html
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
I'm a new owner of the Palacia HF and since no instruction book came with it, I started looking for times and frequencies and I'd also like to buy additional glass bulbs...if anyone finds a supplier, please let me know. Here's in an old instruction manual from 1911.

http://www.meridianinstitute.com/eaem/eberhart/ebercont.html

I am still searching and don't plan on stopping so as I hopefully find retailers for the electrodes I will post the links here! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:

That's very true, she might not have taken care. Have you actually seen one of these devices? I was so cautious that I barely got the bulb in far enough. I thought it was very intimidating. Of all the research I did on the Palacia and on the Jellen, I never saw anything about a broken bulb. Does make one wonder.

It's good of you to research for the rest of the ladies that are interested. If I didn't have the Palacia, I would already have this one on order (and take my chances).

Well I bit the bullet and ordered, I found a seller with a minimum order of 5 units, but I bought 5 for less than $180 USD, so when they arrive (about 3-4 weeks) I may sell the extra 4 for cost and shipping! LOL
I will post once they arrive! Smile

Zoftig it's all your doing! Bad Grin Joking you know?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
My doing???? My doing???? Laughing

Geez, lady, you may hesitate for a bit but when you go for it, you go for it!

Five???? Five???? Laughing

I'll check with my sister and see if she's interested in maybe just one.....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
My doing???? My doing???? Laughing

Geez, lady, you may hesitate for a bit but when you go for it, you go for it!

Five???? Five???? Laughing

I'll check with my sister and see if she's interested in maybe just one.....

LOL, They were exactly $175 and that included shipping! I just went for it big time! Bad Grin

I have been soooo good about not spending! I can always list them on eBay, or the same site I bought from? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Zoftig wrote:

Well I bit the bullet and ordered, I found a seller with a minimum order of 5 units, but I bought 5 for less than $180 USD, so when they arrive (about 3-4 weeks) I may sell the extra 4 for cost and shipping! LOL
I will post once they arrive! Smile

Zoftig it's all your doing! Bad Grin Joking you know?

You could always look at it this way.....you have extra bulbs. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Very true Frodo! You all have me laughing till my tummy hurts!

At 35$ a pop I couldn't resist! ROFLMAO

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
That's very funny Frodo! Laughing
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Dark Moon, looking forward to your review. My new rule after spending $300+ for my last two products I am not ordering until positive reviews come in. This rule of course does not apply to sterling silver jewelry, handbags or shoes. Good thing my HB does not visit my girly bathroom or the spare bedroom that is my closet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Dark Moon, looking forward to your review. My new rule after spending $300+ for my last two products I am not ordering until positive reviews come in. This rule of course does not apply to sterling silver jewelry, handbags or shoes. Good thing my HB does not visit my girly bathroom or the spare bedroom that is my closet.

LOL, I will be sure to post as soon as I get to play with it for a while to access it's sturdiness and effectiveness!

I have been living your rule for the last 2 years with a few splurges, sadly mine includes silver jewelery, clothes, shoes ect. *whimper* *sniffle* *whimper*

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Ooooh how exciting. I really want one of these things, but I've been holding off because of the price.

I'm slightly confused though as the ebay one that someone posted a link to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Frequency-DArsonval-Acne-Therapy-Device-/220683118718?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3361bd287e

Looks different to the one that DarkMoon posted:
http://face-steamer.com/professional-grade-portable-high-frequency-darsonval-facial-device/

Or are they actually the same? just different box thingy???
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
neondaze,

That one is the same (I am pretty sure)from the specs. I have seen them with the 7 electrodes like the one you looked at and also 4 electrodes. Plus if it's EU voltage it's got that handle yet the US voltage is a totally smooth handle! It is confusing, that's a definite. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
This also helped me decide to take this plunge and on the site it shows a bright blue box.

If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase,and want to get the refund, Item must be returned within 7 days as the original condition. Buyers are responsible for the returning shipping charges.

ETA I contacted the seller about the replacement electrodes/bulbs and he's checking directly with the manufacturer and will get back to me as soon as he has a reply. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
darkmoon i also am eagerly awaiting your results w/this less expensive HF

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
darkmoon i also am eagerly awaiting your results w/this less expensive HF

I promise you will have a full review good, bad or ugly, as soon as I receive them and have a chance to use it for a few weeks. I want to let all know if it's effective and sturdy. Smile

I may start a separate thread with a detailed review?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:51 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
neondaze,

That one is the same (I am pretty sure)from the specs. I have seen them with the 7 electrodes like the one you looked at and also 4 electrodes. Plus if it's EU voltage it's got that handle yet the US voltage is a totally smooth handle! It is confusing, that's a definite. Smile

Ahhh. Thanks so much.

It is super confusing. I started to wonder if only the one with 7 electrodes is at the higher power (sorry... can't remember the term... the 20000 whatevers), and the 4 one isn't as powerful.

I also started to get confused because 'D'arsonval' seems to be a generic name used for the person who supposedly invented it (though I thought it was a Tesla invention??) And the devices linked to don't seem to have a brand name as such.

Anyway, doesn't matter, eagerly awaiting your review like everyone else! Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Uuuhrrrr!!! I never get the notifications for this thread! Mad

According to my research, the most "important" thing to look for is the power of the device. The Palacia one cycles at 200,000 hertz and is supposed to be the most powerful.

DarkMoon - after sitting on the fence for so long, you've bought five!!!! You'll have to go into business!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 am      Reply with quote
LOL, Keliu,

Here is the product description.

The device working principle is high frequency alternative current 200000 cycles per second. It is so rapid it does not stimulate motor or sensory nerves. Professional Grade High Frequency D'Arsonval device allows to perform two methods of HF applications: direct ...

If they are crappy then eBay it is if they are good we shall see! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds great - you know as well as I do that the old adage of "You get what you pay for" doesn't apply any more. I'm betting they'll be fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
It sounds great - you know as well as I do that the old adage of "You get what you pay for" doesn't apply any more. I'm betting they'll be fine.

We will see when they arrive, I promise you will have a brutally honest review! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I own the dermawand. I started reading this thread and found the topic very interesting. You may like to know that there is a violet ray manual 100 pgs of information. It's located on a website called baar dot com. I'm new here so I can't post the link.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
xandria wrote:
I own the dermawand. I started reading this thread and found the topic very interesting. You may like to know that there is a violet ray manual 100 pgs of information. It's located on a website called baar dot com. I'm new here so I can't post the link.

Thanks Xandria!

Here's the link to the Violet Rays and the books they sell:

http://www.baar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=543&Category_Code=ELE&Product_Count=21

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone here own the D'arsonval High Frequency Device? I'm considering purchasing this for not only skincare use but for medical purposes as well. If you own one please let me know how you like it. Any other information you can provide would be great as well. I found one on ebay that I'm considering. Thank you! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Opti Crystal Liquid Crystal Eye Serum (7 g / 0.25 oz) Shira Nutriburst Resurfacing Booster (30 ml) Tweezerman Petite Tweeze Set

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |