Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Brazilian Blowout
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I was just hypnotized into getting a Brazilian Blowout for my hair.I read horror stories about the harshness and smell. I guess my hair dresser knows how to do it. Mind you my hair was thin and straight to begin with. Don't ask why I got the treatment. My hair does look good, really straight and smooth. Not as soft and shiny as the same day. It's been 4 days now. My one problem, I can't get a comb through it when it's wet. A nightmare! I also have to blow dry it. I was told I could wash and go...great for the lake. I could have bought a new purse or shoes! Anyone else get a blowout?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm about a month into mine and so far I really love it. My hair is very naturally curly and gets so frizzy this time of year with all of the humidity. I can now wash and let it dry on it's own, but it's not perfectly straight. I can still see all of my curl when it's wet, but I brush it straight and let it air dry. Then the next morning I just have to style it and it's SO easy. The only problem is that I've definitely lost the volume in my hair, now that the frizziness is gone. It doesn't look bad at all, but I've had at least 3 people ask me if I've lost weight. Laughing Guess it's a tradeoff between frizzy and lots of volume.

I will definitely be doing this again! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - Would you mind disclosing how much this procedure costs? I have a friend who was recently in the West Palm area and said in the salon he was working in people paid upward of $600 Shock .
Locally he is getting $250.
I could use some frizzy reduction myself with the humidity. My hair is very thick, long and when it gets too puffy I go into overload with a straightening iron.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my second..and bought some stuff online to try to do it myself. It is wonderful..gives you the look of "teenager shiny hair" who doesn't ant that. But it does not last as long as they say.
But..sort of like Botox...it works and that makes it addictive.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Can you still curl your hair when you have had this treatment?

cheers

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I have heard you are still able to curl your hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I have done this procedure twice to myself and it is a nice effect. I would like to have it professionally done once to compare.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I have had the Brazilian treatment done and it was $400 in Connecticut at 2 different salons (mind you I have very long hair 2 inches passed my shoulders).

It makes your hair silky, gets rid of frizz and the volume of your hair is less (which is good for me because I have some serious big hair) but does not make the hair straight. I still had the waves and also the curls at the nape of my neck.

I never had a problem putting a brush or comb through it when wet. I only had that problem when I had the Japanese straightening done.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Mine cost $250 for the treatment and another $100 if you wanted the shampoo, 2 conditioners and leave-in treatment.

Since my hair is still curly when it's wet, I assume I can wear it curly if I wanted to. When I dry it straight, I do use a curling iron to curl my hair (large smooth wavy curls) and it holds just the same as before. I think it depends on how curly your hair was before though. My hairdresser has wavy hair and she says she misses her curls and can't get them to stay. My hair is more like a perm with lots of spiral curls. Not overly tight but definitely not a loose wave.

Girls who have done this at home - Please share where you got your products from. I love this so much but can't afford $250 every 3-4 months. Thanks!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Tamgirl - The product I used at-home:

QOD Gold Brazilian blowout treatment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220568200291&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I´ve just checked on ebay and there is one seller selling this product at a reasonable price but he advises to use a flat iron that can maintain a temperature of 450 degrees. Well, I don´t know any flat iron that heats up to that temperature. Is it really neccessary, sister sweets? Thanks for your help Smile
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Sister sweets: do you have long hair? do you think it would work fine on someone with fine long curly and with lots of volume hair (I know, weird combination)
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I always wonder what the brazillian blowout is all about. Thanks for posting about your experience. I just got the Japanese straightening done, and I'm enjoying the results right now. Hair is so soft and silky. No more frizzes. Wink
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
I´ve just checked on ebay and there is one seller selling this product at a reasonable price but he advises to use a flat iron that can maintain a temperature of 450 degrees. Well, I don´t know any flat iron that heats up to that temperature. Is it really neccessary, sister sweets? Thanks for your help Smile

I think it would work great on your hair.... My hair is past my shoulders, very thick, some of it is fine and some course. And I have the lots of volume problem also... Laughing

You do need a curling iron that heats to 450. This is necessary to seal the product into the hair shaft. This high of a heating temp is found in the better brands of curling irons. My CHI heats to this and I want a Hana Elite sooo bad - this also heats to 450.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Is the brazillian blowout you're all talking about a do-it-yourself at home thing? Do you have to iron your hair every day after you do it?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Is the brazillian blowout you're all talking about a do-it-yourself at home thing? Do you have to iron your hair every day after you do it?

You can have it done in salons and it is very pricey - like most hair procedures you can do it yourself.
I still iron my hair but I don't have to. - The brazilian treatment makes your hair more manageable but not straighter in the same way the Japanese product does.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Sister sweets Smile I have got a GHD and it works really fine but I have no idea till what temperature it heats up. Do you think its good enough to do the brazilian blowout?

thanks Smile
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
This treatment cost me $150 in Canada. It was the real thing. I have read horror stories about people getting the treatment with unqualified hair dressers and not the real product. You can harm your scalp, etc. I wonder why it is so expensive everywhere. My hair stylist is award winning and really knows his stuff. I'm liking this more and more. The shampoo I purchased was only $17 and it is maintaining my hair quite well. When it first came out my hair dresser was only going to charge me $90. What's with the $600 prices?!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ulta salons offer the service (the Coppola brand) for less than $200 the first time, thereafter it is $250. I had it done there, and then had my hairdresser do it the next time at a much higher cost (because you only had to wait 24 hours to shampoo your hair afterwards, instead of the normal 3 days). The Ulta one was so.... much better. It lasted 5 months for me, which was great! I have really long, naturally curly hair that frizzes easily in humidity. I am now spoiled by how shiny and smooth my hair with these treatments, and how easy it is to style!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
This treatment cost me $150 in Canada. It was the real thing. I have read horror stories about people getting the treatment with unqualified hair dressers and not the real product. You can harm your scalp, etc. I wonder why it is so expensive everywhere. My hair stylist is award winning and really knows his stuff. I'm liking this more and more. The shampoo I purchased was only $17 and it is maintaining my hair quite well. When it first came out my hair dresser was only going to charge me $90. What's with the $600 prices?!

Where in Canada ? I live in Calgary ......Sad
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wow brenpatsa - I wish there was an Ulta near me. I am going to take the plunge and have my hair done in a salon to help with the humidity, etc. Okay - a question for you salon girls: for a $250.00 procedure how much tip - do you give 20% = $50 - ouch. thanks....

brenpatsa wrote:
Ulta salons offer the service (the Coppola brand) for less than $200 the first time, thereafter it is $250. I had it done there, and then had my hairdresser do it the next time at a much higher cost (because you only had to wait 24 hours to shampoo your hair afterwards, instead of the normal 3 days). The Ulta one was so.... much better. It lasted 5 months for me, which was great! I have really long, naturally curly hair that frizzes easily in humidity. I am now spoiled by how shiny and smooth my hair with these treatments, and how easy it is to style!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't give tips based on a certain %. That would be too much. I would base it on how happy I am with the results and how much money I have left. Embarassed
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
My hairdresser was so nice that she told me she refused to take a tip for this treatment, since my total was $400 with my haircut and all of the Brazilian Blowout products I bought. I insisted but she insisted more. I always tip her well though. Very Happy

Okay, the Coppola treatment sounds even better and I even found where you can buy it online. Sorry, I didn't keep the link from last night but it's easy to search for. I might have to give this one a go next. Thanks brenpatsa!
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Talyta,
I got mine done in Winnipeg.
daizey

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a salon in Winnipeg, MB that offers the Brazilian Blowout???
THX Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |