Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question About Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals Base
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I am finally considering using mineral make-up. Because I have no experience with this, I am wondering if anyone who uses Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals Base could tell me if this is a good foundation for someone with dry, very sensitive skin? Any information and help would be so greatly appreciated.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:49 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am finally considering using mineral make-up. Because I have no experience with this, I am wondering if anyone who uses Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals Base could tell me if this is a good foundation for someone with dry, very sensitive skin? Any information and help would be so greatly appreciated.

I sampled the JI base at a salon. Personally, I did not like it. Do you have a salon or place near you that sells JI? Perhaps an on line retailer you purchase from that will send you a sample. The salon I tried it at was the salon I used to work in. The owner is a JI user for years. She told me that she doesn't care for it.

I did not like the texture or the way it went on. leeleedeedee, I hate to give negative reveiws. Perhaps if you tried it you would love it.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, thank you very much for your honest reply, which to me is more important than whether or not it is a positive or negative comment. I'm grateful for your answer. Thank you.

I don't know where I could get a sample, but I'm going to consider what you've said. Incidentally, what foundation do you use?
I want to change mine and with sensitive skin it's really an issue to buy a new one. I have to look at all the ingredients and make a decision if there could be any irritating factors. I have spent so much on skin care this past year that I'm trying really hard, now, to think twice before I make a purchase. A lot of what I have bought has been discarded into my cosmetics graveyard.

Thank's once again for your reply. I do appreciate it.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals, but here's the reviews at MUA:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=37522/Liquid_Minerals/Jane_Iredale/Liquid/

Hope this helps!

-Cheri
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the link to the J.I. reviews. At first it was confusing as reviewers either loved the foundation or hated it. However, it was the last review that made me consider not to purchase this foundation as the reviewer stated that the foundation contains some potential irritating herbal ingredients for very sensitive skin types. As much as I love essential oils I know that some of them can be very irritating to sensitive skins and one has to be careful about these oils. So, for that reason I'll try shopping around for something else.

Thank you very much for your help.
Mabsy

Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
It's funny, I was just looking at this yesterday because I'm trying to decide if I should repurchase. I have a bottle of this (bisque) as does my mum (warm silk). I really like this foundation, and it's my mum's absolute favorite (she'll be getting one as a pressy soon Smile).

I don't have sensitive skin but I really like the way it feels on - weightless. One thing that I do have to say is that your skin should be well moisturised before you apply this otherwise it tends to "catch" on the drier areas and becomes hard to blend there. I don't think I've read the MUA review you're referring to but I think the potentially irritating ingredients might be the lavender. So, if lavender does irritate your skin then this may not be for you - I never knew that lavender could be irritating to skin (still don't really know) but I do remember the discussions when the product first came out.

I'm still on the fence about repurchasing. I do like it but I have heard really good reviews about the Pressed Base and at this stage I think I'm leaning more towards that one.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale pressed base = Heaven in a compact

Very Happy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - thank you for your input re the J.I. foundation. You are quite right that it is the Lavender that is the potential irritant to sensitive skins. Elizabeth O'Rourke (the creator of those wonderful Rosa Y Frutta products) also backs this up by saying she has read recent research done in Australia about Lavender being a photosensitiser making the skin more sensitive to the sun. From everything I read Lavender is a remarkable essential oil, but for my skin a real no-no. As for the photosensitising properties I do know and have read that there are some essential oils that do have this side effect. Lemon is another one. Lord, my skin is so depressing at times. Most people can just go out and buy a foundation - I have to analyze every aspect of every skin care product I buy! I'm glad, though, that you really like this foundation and can use it. However, aside from the Lavender problem perhaps it just isn't great for dry skin either. I don't know. However, I feel it's just too expensive a product to take a chance on.

Phredd4 - can you explain in a little more detail the heavenly aspects of the Jane Iredale pressed base and what kind of skin you have? Thank you.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:08 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee,

Alot of mineral foundation's claim to make your skin look flawless, so I've tried a few of them....Bare Escentuals, Youngblood and Aromaleigh Glissade. I "liked" all of them and settled on BE since it was easier to find and used it for more than a year. But my skin , although it looked better, never looked flawless like others claimed and I was quite happy with that since I don't have flawless skin in the first place and just figured I could never achieve that look. I have 44 yr old combination skin, medium pores, and am prone to eczema.

Then I took the plunge and bought Jane Iredale loose base and pressed base in Warm Silk along with the D2O spritz. I also bought the JI Handi brush for the pressed base application. It comes with a sponge in the compact, but is only supposed to be used for touch-ups.

I tried the loose base first and wasn't overly impressed. I only tried it that one time, so maybe if I work with it more I'll like it better. It seemed to be similar to the other minerals I'd tried.

Next I tried the JI pressed base. I honestly never anticipated this working for me considering my age and the fine lines that come along with it. But so many praised it I just had to try it. I slid my new Handi brush lightly across the top of the compact and started the application. I started on my hairline and worked my way in. I picked up more from the compact as I needed it, always using the less is more attitude which is the universal thinking of mineral makeups to avoid looking caked. I was amazed how such a small amount could cover the redness left over from past blemishes. When I had finished the application I used my new Tony & Tina Herbal eye base around my eyes then spritzed on the D20 finishing spray. Instant FLAWLESS skin! In my eyes I hadn't looked this good in years! My pores and fine lines seemed to be invisible. I finished putting blush, lipstick, eye makeup, etc and walked downstairs. My husband immediately said "you look so pretty! Did you just get botox again?" Hehehe

Next morning I used JI again. I commute to work with two of my male co-workers in a company car. They picked me up and one said "You look so nice today! All that stuff you buy must be kicking in." (They kid me on all the skincare stuff that UPS delivers to me at work.)

UPS guy shows up at work with yet another package for me. His wife had sold me a skin care set a couple of months ago that is similar to Esther's Secret mask which I've only had time to use once. He says "Wow I can really tell the difference! That stuff is really working on you! I'll have to get Diane out here to see this."

I won't post more, and I swear it seems unreal but I kept getting compliments the entire day and it was because of one thing. My skin looked flawless!

JI pressed base is touted as being matte, but for me it was a tad dewy which is what I like. I can't see this being the ticket for extremely oily skins, however I did not use a setting powder. It may work well with that. My makeup lasted all day long with no touch-ups other than lipstick until I took it off that night. I leave for work at 7:15am and get home at around 6 or 7pm so my makeup is usually a wreck by then. I have to say here that I think it's harder to take off than other foundations. I used DHC deep cleansing oil to take it off followed by another cleanser.

JI pressed base may work differently with others, but for me it gets the heaven in a compact remark from the one thing that makes me use foundation in the first place...the appearance of flawless, perfect skin!

-Cheri
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,

Wow - what a story!! I'm quite impressed and am going to check this out. First thing I have to do is look at the ingredients and then take it from there. It sure must be great not only to have that flawless look, but to have it last all day without touch ups is remarkable - the stuff only women can dream of.

Thanks for telling me all of this. It's wonderful to have all this info about a product before purchasing. Now I know why you call it heavenly Angel
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Winnie, thank you very much for your honest reply, which to me is more important than whether or not it is a positive or negative comment. I'm grateful for your answer. Thank you.

I don't know where I could get a sample, but I'm going to consider what you've said. Incidentally, what foundation do you use?
I want to change mine and with sensitive skin it's really an issue to buy a new one. I have to look at all the ingredients and make a decision if there could be any irritating factors. I have spent so much on skin care this past year that I'm trying really hard, now, to think twice before I make a purchase. A lot of what I have bought has been discarded into my cosmetics graveyard.

Thank's once again for your reply. I do appreciate it.

I am not a foundation lover. I much prefer a tinted moisturizer. This is what I use and really like it.

Sheer Moisture MEDIUM SPF 15 - Dermalogica's new Sheer Tint Moisture SPF 15 is a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer, with SPF 15, and a sheer wash of color-All in one tube! Natural zinc oxide minerals protect against sunlight, provide a sheer wash of color, amd make skin radiant, while extracts of Olives and Walnut Seeds provide antioxidant protection and improve skin texture. A full spectrum sunscreen provides further solar defense. Perfect for daytime, either alone or under foundation.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hi Cheri,

Wow - what a story!! I'm quite impressed and am going to check this out. First thing I have to do is look at the ingredients and then take it from there. It sure must be great not only to have that flawless look, but to have it last all day without touch ups is remarkable - the stuff only women can dream of.

Thanks for telling me all of this. It's wonderful to have all this info about a product before purchasing. Now I know why you call it heavenly Angel

Yeppers, I was really feeling like a queen for the day! It's so nice to hear compliments.

Here's the JI link to all the ingredients of her products, in case you haven't seen them yet:

http://www.janeiredale.com/janesguide/janesguide.html#ingred

-Cheri
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the info and the website. You have been very helpful and I appreciate it very much.
Mabsy

Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Cheri - I'm a rather indecisive person so "thank you!" for helping me make this one Smile I can't not try it after reading what you wrote! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu May 02, 2024 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |