Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Maybelline Falsies Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:27 am      Reply with quote
This is a new mascara out by Maybelline. I'm a big fan of Maybelline mascara's so I was excited to try this.

I was expecting to get some dramatic results from this with a name like Falsies but it was disappointing. I consider it to be just average mascara. I would have considered it to be just an OK mascara but it flakes. I never have this issue with other mascaras.
Foxglove
5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree, it is rather lackluster in its promise for a "false lash" look. I found that it did not lengthen or create any significant volume as promised, either, and I put on two coats consecutively as instructed. On the positive side, there was no clumping for me (always a plus with mascaras).
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I found exactly the same thing! Just an average mascara... disappointing : (
bonheurgirl
5% products discount

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I don't like Maybelline
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:40 am      Reply with quote
A bit off topic, but anybody else see that commercial and try and remember how many mascaras have come out over the years named "Falsies"??? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
bonheurgirl wrote:
I don't like Maybelline

same with you. The only one i used is its powder.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
This is a new mascara out by Maybelline. I'm a big fan of Maybelline mascara's so I was excited to try this.

I was expecting to get some dramatic results from this with a name like Falsies but it was disappointing. I consider it to be just average mascara. I would have considered it to be just an OK mascara but it flakes. I never have this issue with other mascaras.

I'm a big fan of Maybelline mascara too, but was disappointed by this mascara as well.

Just an average mascara... disappointing Neutral
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:44 am      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:
bonheurgirl wrote:
I don't like Maybelline

same with you. The only one i used is its powder.

Maybeline used to have some really nice blushes a few years ago- but they were discontinued.

They had a really nice gel blush that came in what looked like a nail polish bottle, kind of.

For me the brand I dislike the most is Cover Girl-their quality is not that good.

I don't wear that much mascara-but doubt I'll try maybeline.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:23 am      Reply with quote
The newer version of Falsies is Falsies Black Drama. Same brush but different formula. I love it. I get such a nice result with no clumps or smudging. I think its my new HG mascara. I'm really surprised because I didn't like the original falsies but love this one.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Is Falsies Black Drama the newest version now?? Wanna have try, but I can't find it in my local store....
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know if any cheaper brands have a plum colored mascara?
I used to buy one from Yves Rocher but it was discontinued ages ago.

Mavala mascara is pretty good I find.
I rarely bother with mascara,but would like some dark navy blue mascara I think!
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I used to buy one from Yves Rocher but it was discontinued ages ago.

Mavala mascara is pretty good I find.
I rarely bother with mascara,but would like some dark navy blue mascara I think!

Yes,I think Yves Rocher's quite good...but discontinued now... Neutral Neutral
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I thought that Falsies was a little better than okay, but not stellar. Oddly, I found it ran out of formula very quickly. Usually mascara seems to last forever, but this one didn't...time to try a new one!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

Benefit BagGal comes in Plum (and blue). I have not tried it so I dont know if its nice or not.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:25 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

Benefit BagGal comes in Plum (and blue). I have not tried it so I dont know if its nice or not.

I have it in both black and blue and for me it works great, you have to like a big brush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I am totally over the whole mascara thing - a new ones seems to come out every week promising longer, thicker, lusher, curlier lashes - and I fall for it every time!! The money that I've wasted!! It's turned into the biggest marketing scam of all time. I wouldn't be surprised if cosmetic companies never change the formula - just the packaging and advertising to suck us all in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:49 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

Thanks,
I hate Benefit products.
have had very bad luck with their eye cream,
cream concealer too makes me break out.
Benefit liquid blush is ok, not worth buying (have the travel size).

Maybe I can just use some of my mineral makeup and clear mascara?
That might work...

Yves St Laurent might have a colored mascara,but I am not up to spending that much.

I just bought some nail products and the site I bought from they have Mavala (my favorite brand), there is Mavala colored waterproof mascara and it is only $15 Smile
Mavala is not sold near me anymore, so did not know they had so many other makeup items...

there is black,brown,bright blue, a dark navy blue,"iris green" like forest green kind of...and plum!

There goes my resolution of not buying makeup...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Mirenesse have a Lilac colour:

http://www.mirenesse.com/catalogue/c7/c70/c416/p3232

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

Thanks,
I hate Benefit products....................

I found a few others you may want to check out:
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P138213&categoryId=B70

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P278807&categoryId=B70
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I am totally over the whole mascara thing - a new ones seems to come out every week promising longer, thicker, lusher, curlier lashes - and I fall for it every time!! The money that I've wasted!! It's turned into the biggest marketing scam of all time. I wouldn't be surprised if cosmetic companies never change the formula - just the packaging and advertising to suck us all in.

ITA! Its crazy how there is always a new mascara out. I always buy mascara's at a place where I can return if I don't like it.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

ITA! Its crazy how there is always a new mascara out. I always buy mascara's at a place where I can return if I don't like it.

Where's that place then? This returning scheme is really good.....I have nearly 10 mascara at home now...but I will just 3-4 of them.....I really want to buy my mascara at a plcae where can refund for dislike items....this can save lots of money!!
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Where's that place then? This returning scheme is really good.....I have nearly 10 mascara at home now...but I will just 3-4 of them.....I really want to buy my mascara at a plcae where can refund for dislike items....this can save lots of money!!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Katy wrote:

Well I don't take advantage, I only buy things that I think I will really like. Many stores take returns; Sephora, Ulta, CVS, Walgreens.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use this mascara, but it's really just Volume Express with a different brush. Wink The advertising for it is very misleading as the model is quite obviously wearing ridiculously long theatrical false eyelashes and not the mascara at all! Well you can't trust a cosmetics company really... Rolling Eyes

That aside I have discovered that to get the best from this mascara you need to apply 3-4 thin coats and apply each one before the previous one dries. I never have a problem with flaking this way and each lash is nicely coated, lengthened and defined. It's a nice mascara that will make the most of your own lashes but if you have problem lashes (such as very short, straight or sparse) then it's not the best product for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:42 am      Reply with quote
This mascara is cheaper than any other brands.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |