Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
carolyn's facial fitness, anyone tried this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:31 am      Reply with quote
ww.carolynsfacialfitness.com anyone tried this program? I bought it, I have all of the facial programs...I was afraid to try some of them because I didnt want to go through the "uglies". Her program eliminates that. Her program is quicker too. Anyone tried these exercises?
newera
5% products discount

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
www.carolynsfacialfitness.com anyone tried this program? I bought it, I have all of the facial programs...I was afraid to try some of them because I didnt want to go through the "uglies". Her program eliminates that. Her program is quicker too. Anyone tried these exercises?

Hi, Lucyluc. I am a very happy user of CFF and have posted here about my experience. Click on my profile, and then Find All Posts by Newera,and then look for the one which starts, "Hi, Patti, this is my first post,", that will bring it up. HTH.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I tried this after newera's comments (thanks by the way - can't remember if I did thank you properly), and I have to say to me it looked a bit of a rip off of all the other programs kind of combined into one (facercise etc). Now I know Carolyn is upfront, and it does have to be said she's got great customer service, but thats just my beliefs.

Interestingly enough though Lucylou - don't believe it about not experiencing the so called uglies..... Ive read of several who did experience them and were told several different things and didn't hear much from them about what they did after but know that 2 moved to Ageless with me.

I did start out with great results, but for me, noticed it just wasn't right for my lower face and then I tried Ageless. Ageless did give me great cheeks but did darn all for everything else.

Theresa
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I love the way Carolyn looks - very fresh, natural and healthy. She has a nice approach to things - that said I have never done her program so cannot comment on it. Three is enough Rolling Eyes

But... I would love to hear how it goes for you LucyLuc - why don't you post on the ..Process and Results thread as you start using it. That would be GREAT! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
yes, if I start using it,I have bought ALL the programs and cant decide which one to do and I geuss I am afraid it will give me more wrinkles so I keep putting off starting.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
OMG - It can only improve wrinkles and lift slack skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Yikes.... and your thinking about buying another one. I think its great buying a program, but you got to put it to use otherwise your just wasting your cash and nowadays if your like most people, money is tight.

There is much written already on all the sites about the lies of exercises giving you wrinkles. I think your better off just jumping in with one of the programs you already got rather than buying another that your not going to use.
lucyluc wrote:
yes, if I start using it,I have bought ALL the programs and cant decide which one to do and I geuss I am afraid it will give me more wrinkles so I keep putting off starting.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
It is not suggested to spot treat with facial exercise but maybe in your case - Lucyluc - you can start with the exercises that don't "scare" you (cheeks and lower face) and see how it goes for a couple months.

I'm 52 and no longer need anything - no filler, no botox and no facelift in the foreseeable future (at all!). For example my jawline is firm, feminine and lifted - this is definitely due to facial exercise. The NL's are lifted upward and this is due mainly to the cheek exercises.

Besides - the "wrinkles" that some get along the way are often due to the face pulling up and creating a new one before it exfoliates away in the journey. (temporary wrinkle).

Buying yet another program is not going to give you the courage or belief to go for it. I really hope you'll take the plunge - I'm sure you'll see some nice results along with the other care you take to your face

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
which program do you folow sister sweets? I will start with Carolyn's because its only a few minutes a day.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Lucy the 15 minutes quoted on her website is only when you really know the exercises, and for me especially in the beginning I had to spend some 45 minutes learning the exercises etc and doing the count, but thereafter it was 15 minutes a day. Just think its important to realise that.

lucyluc wrote:
which program do you folow sister sweets? I will start with Carolyn's because its only a few minutes a day.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lucy - I had been using Carole Maggio for a few months and I really like it - 8 minutes! Based on what you've said I think you would too. There's not a lot of pulling or handling of the skin.

Still my favorite of all is Flex Effect which now has a 12 minute component. Just recently I went back to FE - It's good stuff. Smile The shorter routine seems to work better for me. The second edition was 28 minutes in length - although I skipped a few in there. I rarely miss a day - still do a few of LouLou's Ageless every now and then when I have a minute.

I also love, love, love the Tanaka massage - once you have it in English it's a piece of cake.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for clarifying everything.45 minutes is a ot in the beginning,especially when I already exercise an hr a day.....sister sweets I appreciate your input!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
It might seem like that in the beginning, but once you know them, you really know them and they take no time at all. I have the Facercise Dvd that Sis is talking about, and just can't get my head round some of them. I also have FlexEffect, which I must admit I love, love, love. That is a lot more physical, but it just seems to work better for my going on 60 year old face now! Laughing
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Carolyn has 23 exercises which she does in 15 minutes...,its a rapid progression.I like it.
TheresaCats
5% products discount

Mon May 23, 2011 3:01 am      Reply with quote
OK well I am the one that was speaking to the other Theresa and I want to just say at the start, I thought I was being really clever in starting facial exercises to ward off any problems coming on, but wow was I wrong. I sent Carolyn my photos prior to purchasing her kit, as I wanted an honest opinion as to if facial exercises would be right for someone of my age. I had just turned 30 years old at the time I wrote to Carolyn back in August 2010. I had lost some weight and it kind of made me look a little older than my years, my face which was always chubby kind of began going a little south and I wanted to kind of tighten up everything generally healthwise and so had started the gym and wanted to do something with my face. I looked at a couple of programs around, but most seemed to have scary side effects and I wanted something kind of idiot proof in that I wouldn’t need to guess anything or experience problems with (as the others I searched all seemed to have problems) except Carolyns. Carolyn suggested I was at the perfect age for starting them, and even mentioned a client who started even younger than I, and said she would encourage me to start. I ordered my kit on 1st September and it arrived very promptly.

In November I started having a few issues. My cheeks seemed to get even larger than previously but what really concerned me is that my eye area had kind of developed hollows. I always had little dips that weren’t there previously. I’ve always had little dips there, but they seemed to be getting deeper which was quite frankly plain old scary. There were also little lines appearing. I had only been exercising 3 times a week (as per Carolyn’s email instructions to me) so it was a mystery to me why I started having problems, but I emailed her straight away. She told me that my cheeks would not grow any bigger and to just continue with the exercises but trying 2 times a week instead of 3. I did that for a long time (until March) and then emailed her again and it was terrible as my eyes had gotten worse not better. I went to see a surgeon for his opinion as to what was going on (whether it was a health issue perhaps) and he said he felt that I damaged the area (nightmare shock). I emailed Carolyn about this right away in a bit of a panic and she did try to calm me down, but her advice was really shocking to me. She told me that she would expect my tear troughs to fill in over time, but everyone is individual. I was told consistently that if I stopped facial exercises my face will go back to the way it was, and so I followed this advice. I stopped exercising mid April and haven’t exercised since and my face has been ruined. Yes the cheeks did die down a bit, but the hollows and the tear troughs are still there. I emailed Carolyn again in the beginning of May and she kindly said to send her photos and that she would speak with her team of doctors to see if they could work out what was going on. I was told she never saw that happen to anybody in 15 years so she was determined to get to the bottom of it. It sounded very hopeful and I was willing to wait to hear from her and her team in the desperate hope to get something that i could do for my eye area back. When the response did come back it was simply that her consultants don’t understand what had happened, and were all perplexed. A lot of use that was. Then she told me that she had never seen or heard of it before and that it would improve over time.

So I started doing some research into it. I found many cases where people my age and younger had begun facial exercising and their tear troughs did become worse as a result and some even shared that they had done the system I was doing. Some were doing others, but I felt so cross and angry at myself. I didn’t find any mention of this when I first started researching and was really careful to email Carolyn before I began to learn if this would not be suitable for me and this was never mentioned to me. I feel like facial exercises has ruined my face. Its been almost two months and then some and my hollows are slowly starting to return since stopping everything but they’re no where near what they were before facial exercising and i feel it has ruined my face big time. I then started looking at other systems and it looks to me like facial exercises don’t do anything for tear troughs at all, in fact on some it seems to emphasis them (Loulou for example has big tear troughs, Eva Fraser, Carolyn’s recent photos are taken at an angle so I suspect she has tear troughs too that are not filled in).

I suspect that facial exercises might be great if you have started to have lots of sagging or are trying to stop damage from going further, but if you have no damage its my experience that facial exercises make things 100 times worse. I started talking about my experiences and upset on a UK forum, and someone there mentioned that I might find solutions here or similar experiences and so that’s the point of my posting. If someone is on the fence about doing them I’d say hand on heart don’t do them if your young and your goal is prevention as your face could end up damaged as a result!
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you TheresaCats for THREE exact same messages/posts on three threads. I do hope you get your eyes and face back to how you would like them to be.
TheresaCats
5% products discount

Mon May 23, 2011 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I picked all the threads that mention Carolyn's program specifically just to save others going through what I'm going through. I do hope it reverses itself but for all I know it might be permanent. I'm so upset I could cry. I'm only 30 years old and now my eyes look like a 50 year old because of these hollows.
HippoMe wrote:
Thank you TheresaCats for THREE exact same messages/posts on three threads. I do hope you get your eyes and face back to how you would like them to be.
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Darling Child. I am not a very wise 50-year old and I do have major issues about many things, but know this, you will heal. You have estrogen on your side, lots of it, and lovely collagen too. You will soon look back on this past year and wonder what the fuss was all about.
vero
5% products discount

Mon May 23, 2011 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa, You can try to ask on flexeffect forum http://flexeffect.proboards.com/index.cgi?, I've read about another case which had problems and that person received good advices there(You had log in there).
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the others, your face will return to norm so don't worry as that will only make things worse. Ive done stuff to my face that I thought was permanent too but it never is. I've done facial exercises for the past 10 years and if I stop doing them for a while, even now my face reverts back so your eyes shouldn't take too long at all! I'm glad to see you here though, and my heart goes out to you!
TheresaCats
5% products discount

Tue May 24, 2011 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I hope and pray you are right. Its been 2 months of not doing anything and my face hasn't returned to normal yet. I'm just hoping I haven't damaged the collagen and elastin in the lower lid area. I feel like I look 50, and even my boyfriend tells me that he can see a difference (but then tells me he loves me anyway). Sigh - I just wish it would hurry up and return!
HippoMe wrote:
Darling Child. I am not a very wise 50-year old and I do have major issues about many things, but know this, you will heal. You have estrogen on your side, lots of it, and lovely collagen too. You will soon look back on this past year and wonder what the fuss was all about.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Hey TheresaCats,

I recently had a problem with overbuilding "mouth pouches" on either side-- not from CFF, but from a different exercise. What really helped me make things go back to normal was doing face massage. Perhaps you might want to try looking into the Tanaka massage? Just a thought.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
TheresaCats
5% products discount

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:06 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to update everyone, things have not returned to normal, and I'm so upset and depressed I can't tell you. I think facial exercises should have a warning on them and so regret having tried them. Maybe they're just if your older, but I feel like my life is ruined. My under eye area has not improved at all, it makes me look very older than I actually am. Its so depressing and I think that anyone who is under 40 should stay away from them. My eyes definitely changed using this program, and I even went to a surgeon in desperation to get his opinion, and he said that I had damaged the tissue in the lower lid area. I did tell Carolyn this and she tried to tell me that he wouldn't have knowledge of her system, but I want others to know this. Its so depressing. I've got to have surgerical procedures to undo the damage that I've done and its definitely damage.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaCats, I'm so sorry to hear of your plight. I have been doing CFF for a little over 4 years now and I have been very pleased with it.

When you did the lower lid exercise, did you pull hard on your skin? I ask this because for 15 years, I did Eva Fraser's program and never had to really exert force on my face but switched to another program where that was encouraged and almost damaged my eyes. So when I started CFF, having had 15 years' success with a program that was gentle, I was careful to be gentle. I particularly did not pull on my skin and if you watch the DVD, Carolyn doesn't pull but asks you to place fingers over the bones.

When I previously pulled on my skin, the result was a lot of loose skin and puffiness when I smiled. I don't know if you're completely put off face exercises or if you'd be open to trying the lower lid flex w/ having your hands on your face. Eva Fraser's Beginner workout (and I think Senta Maria's) have that lower lid flex but it's done in slow stages with pauses. So you basically control the movement. Since Eva's days, I use Vaseline on my under eye area when I work out.

I know when you've had a bad experience the last thing you want to do is make it worse. That was my thinking too after my face was ruined by face exercises. So I took a year's hiatus and then tried something new. I don't know if you've seen Tom's workout which is free online, shapeyourface dot com. The variation of Exercise 1 or Part B were added later. Initially the exercise just involved winking the top part, and I'd suggest sticking to just that. I wonder whether such a gentle program that requires you don't touch your face or pull on your skin but simply work an area at a time while relaxing the rest of the face and avoiding wrinkling your face while you do so mightn't be something that could work for you.

I wish I could see how your eyes changed. If you're comfortable sharing your photos with me, I might be able to offer you some hope/encouragement. I tend to believe that where there's a will, there's a way. And I hate to hear you sound so defeated.

Hugs galore!
TheresaCats
5% products discount

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your message and PM. I didn’t pull hard on my skin or press in. I’ve always been wary of doing too much around the eyes, after all the experts all say to pat cream in gently, and not to stretch the area. I did do the lower lid exercise where you feel a gentle stretch but always err’d on the side of caution. My goal wasn’t to build it or anything simply to maintain what I had, actually with my whole face. I kind of feel put off any exercising. I did research though afters and found several instances of reports of people having bad results with exercising, not just Carolyns but Facial Magics, Flexaffects, etc.

I think surgery is going to be the only way I can fix this problem, and just wish I had researched it more thoroughly when I began, as I’m sure had I seen these things spoken of it would have put me off. I just think its probably better not to do exercising till you have problems to fix than having no problems and then making some?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |